Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

31 minutes ago, wasnu said:

yes, high ping is horrible in .61

when you watch videos on youtube or twitch streams, you see an hugh difference between zeds acting on low ping and high ping.

i hope this could be fixed but i think it will end with an "easy" fix in future, ping over 100 hundred and "you are out" of playing on those servers.

bad solution for people like you with high pings, so lets hope it could be fixed on other ways 

I really don't care in the big picture. I bought Dayz to mod and play on a home server with my kids or solo in the end anyway.

When I first started playing it was actually really bad in my favor PVP wise, as long as I kept moving I was never where the good ping player was seeing me and basically un-shootable to the point of people thinking I was hacking. There was another where I'd freeze in place when we got near another player being very shootable but could PVE fine if I was out of others network bubble. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BCBasher said:

Pretty much, thought the pic was funny as I just saw a pair of those shoes in game.

On that note those sneakers should make you fall on your ass trying to traverse slopes on wet grass in game like the real thing.

True... and on a slightly damp day your shoelaces should bond together on a molecular level.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 1:09 PM, Arthur Dubrovka said:

...those sunsets! DAMN!

LridhQMh.jpg

Yeah it looks amazing, and it will be better in the beta patch with the dense forest! ;)

• Like 3

On 11/11/2016 at 6:42 PM, emuthreat said:

Next time just ask.  You didn'thave to completely scrub the camp, either.

From your perspective you are absolutely correct. From mine it was an insurance policy in case the men I shot came looking for revenge, since I planned on being in the general area for a couple of hours. Btw, your tent was still in the area, I just moved it about 150m away and set it up in the field.

My game was so rudely interrupted by a GIANT PLANET IN THE SKY.

0a6897b192.jpg

But seriously the fog seems to affect the horizon really badly especially at night where you can just see the sky cut into blackness.

Really ruins it for me. :(

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

My game was so rudely interrupted by a GIANT PLANET IN THE SKY.

0a6897b192.jpg

But seriously the fog seems to affect the horizon really badly especially at night where you can just see the sky cut into blackness.

Really ruins it for me. :(

I notice day or night something changed with the draw distance when there's no fog it looks like I can see the ocean off in the distance. I haven't played in months and am resisting using a map app to make the map changes I missed more fun but the illusion has been disorienting me quite often.

I just finished jogging the border of debug from Tisy to Svetlo and was getting "hot" status at 37.09 degrees so I laid down under a bush and watched the dock through my scope for about 15 minutes. The status went away but my temp hasn't dropped, even though I'm energized and hydrated and healing my health stopped going up at 4883 too.

25 minutes ago, Seky700 said:

Hey guys,

Is on DayZ Exp. 0.61.136013 some PVE server?

Thanks for answer.

There are no experimental servers that are designated as pve or pvp. They all have both and are meant for testing and breaking crap, not actual playing.

Still feels like UMP mags & VSS ammo are left out of military loot spawns.

Would be awesome if they could add them back in for stable if its not overly hard to tweak. Would love to try out the VSS with the new sound overhaul and see if its any good.

19 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

Climbing anything that has no other escape route is always a bad idea when it comes to things like wolves as I've noticed after locking myself in a house with 5-6 of them running around that they won't leave until they can get inside or if a player takes a chance and hauls butt out of the location they're hiding at.

Confirmed. Unlike the zeds, who may eventually loose interest and wander away, the wolves do not. I think everyone will make this mistake once. During one encounter with them, I had been picking berries. When they appeared, I stepped into the bush and stood perfectly still. They walked up to me, one was within 2-3 meters, and they sniffed around. They acted as if they didn't see me and they stood very still as they looked around. If I had had an automatic weapon, I could have easily taken them out in one burst. Unfortunately, I was a relatively fresh spawn and all I had to my name was a rusty shovel. It took them a full minute, or so, but the closest one did eventually realize that I was standing there in the bush. The others did not seem to figure it out, until the first one attacked. Stealth may be a viable strategy with them, unless they happen to wander too close. I'll try this once again ... for science.

• Like 4

So I was creeping through Polesovo at night, trying to avoid the infected and loot a few houses. I got most of the way through town when I heard the wolves start to howl.  First in the distance but quickly they got closer.   I closed the door to the house and just waited and listened.   After a minute I saw them through the window passing by, they didn't seem to notice me.  Since I haven't encountered any wolves yet I decided to take a shot at one and see what happens, for science of course.    I wasn't prepared for the onslaught - they are aggressive and tough.  I had a the reflex sight on my mp5 and hit one of the passerbys right in the butt, the whole pack immediately changed course and headed straight at me.

H37ClBt.jpg

I unloaded about 4 rounds right into the head of the lead wolf before he went down, the second and third were about the same but they had already pushed me back up the stairs.   Those shots aggro'd a few nearby infected and I could hear that they were on their way too.

C9EhGZZ.jpg

The fourth wolf was at the top of the stairs and backed me into the house.  I tried to close the door so I could reload but I missed the door and he jumped right into the house with me.   I gave up on the reload idea and pulled out the trusty old fire axe and managed to take him out.  This one got some really good shots in (and upper body), he completely rekt my moto helmet and damaged my m65 jacket. 

BkayqWr.jpg

The other wolves ran off while I bandaged up then I went out to finish off the remaining infected and collect my spoils. A little beaten up, I managed to get much of the resources back to my tent.  I even went back on a second trip to grab the remaining steaks and pelts.

IMO these wolves are a great addition to the game.  They come seemingly out of nowhere, are upon you suddenly, and move fast and aggressively - even out in Polesovo where nothing much ever happens.  The house and the stairs probably saved my ass in this case, as I only had one direction to protect.  If I had 360 degrees to cover I think it may have ended differently.

Edited by GaryWalnuts
somehow I inception'd this whole post and can't figure out how to uninception it
  • Like 3

Had a very good time yesterday. Killed a lot of infected and we didn't walk into anyone in all the military bases except when we got to Myshkino tents. We constantly went in loud and this time too. When Emuthreat was bleeding he rushed to the quonset hut to bandage up and got shot at. At first he thought it was Luc or me but found out quite fast that it was neither of us and unfortunately he died. As I rushed to the quonset hut and tried to deal with all the aggro on me I got shot at by him as well, he was standing clearly in the door opening. So I took 1 hit and decided to retreat but not without firing some bullets so I shot a few at him and retreated to Luc so I could bandage up and reload. After that I took position where I had the door really good in my sight. If he would have opened the door and peaked he would have died but he didn't. I brought Luc the AK mag in my tent because he had only had a chambered one and he put some pressure on the guy. He opened the door and started shooting the building but nothing happened.Apparently these KoS kiddies are pussies as well because the bastard logged out. If you have the balls to try and take on 3 vs 1 then fight to the end and don't be a wuss.

Oh by the way, we encountered so many wolves near Lopatino. We saw a pack and killed them. When skinning them we heard another pack and killed them as well. After that the server crashed. When we got back in there was either 2 packs or a pack of at least 10 wolves, there were so many. But when we killed a few of them they already retreated, probably killed the alpha male or something. And then the server crashed again, are we on to something here? I haven't seen the server crash so fast after each other anymore after the servers were stable. After that second crash we decided to switch servers.

4 hours ago, Salty seadog said:

Would be awesome if they could add them back in for stable if its not overly hard to tweak. Would love to try out the VSS with the new sound overhaul and see if its any good.

I found a VSS mag on a crash site a while back so they are definitely in.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Salty seadog said:

The UMP mags and VSS ammo/mags spawn at crash site. The UMP mags at UH-1Y "NATO" smoking crash sites and the VSS gear at Mi-8 "russian" crash sites.

It's been like that since 0.58, but back then the weapons themselves were spawning there too. In 0.60 the devs seem to have encountered a bug in their loot distribution system, and lost control over how many weapons spawn at crash sites, thus removing them completely for the time being until they fix this. The mags still spawn at their restricted dynamic events, while the VSS and UMP spawn inside "industrial" sheds at military locations.

Eventually they will all return to their respective dynamic spawns, as it should.

1 hour ago, IMT said:

Had a very good time yesterday. Killed a lot of infected and we didn't walk into anyone in all the military bases except when we got to Myshkino tents. We constantly went in loud and this time too. When Emuthreat was bleeding he rushed to the quonset hut to bandage up and got shot at. At first he thought it was Luc or me but found out quite fast that it was neither of us and unfortunately he died. As I rushed to the quonset hut and tried to deal with all the aggro on me I got shot at by him as well, he was standing clearly in the door opening. So I took 1 hit and decided to retreat but not without firing some bullets so I shot a few at him and retreated to Luc so I could bandage up and reload. After that I took position where I had the door really good in my sight. If he would have opened the door and peaked he would have died but he didn't. I brought Luc the AK mag in my tent because he had only had a chambered one and he put some pressure on the guy. He opened the door and started shooting the building but nothing happened.Apparently these KoS kiddies are pussies as well because the bastard logged out. If you have the balls to try and take on 3 vs 1 then fight to the end and don't be a wuss.

Oh by the way, we encountered so many wolves near Lopatino. We saw a pack and killed them. When skinning them we heard another pack and killed them as well. After that the server crashed. When we got back in there was either 2 packs or a pack of at least 10 wolves, there were so many. But when we killed a few of them they already retreated, probably killed the alpha male or something. And then the server crashed again, are we on to something here? I haven't seen the server crash so fast after each other anymore after the servers were stable. After that second crash we decided to switch servers.

You know you can shoot through the quonset huts right? Whenever a camper is in there waiting for preys to come by, I just shoot through the walls until he goes limp and falls... It's very efficient.  :)

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

You know you can shoot through the quonset huts right? Whenever a camper is in there waiting for preys to come by, I just shoot through the walls until he goes limp and falls... It's very efficient.  :)

Yes I know that, that's what Luc was doing. But you can waste a lot of ammo that way and you still might've missed him. I only do that when I know for certain where the person is exactly hiding in there.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

Confirmed. Unlike the zeds, who may eventually loose interest and wander away, the wolves do not. I think everyone will make this mistake once. During one encounter with them, I had been picking berries. When they appeared, I stepped into the bush and stood perfectly still. They walked up to me, one was within 2-3 meters, and they sniffed around. They acted as if they didn't see me and they stood very still as they looked around. If I had had an automatic weapon, I could have easily taken them out in one burst. Unfortunately, I was a relatively fresh spawn and all I had to my name was a rusty shovel. It took them a full minute, or so, but the closest one did eventually realize that I was standing there in the bush. The others did not seem to figure it out, until the first one attacked. Stealth may be a viable strategy with them, unless they happen to wander too close. I'll try this once again ... for science.

I've been messing with that with the infected, led one to a deer stand yesterday climbed it and stood long enough for him to get to the bottom of the ladder then crouched. It almost immediately lost interest and started wandering. I had another one the other day that I hadn't noticed while I was sneaking around turned and saw it un-aware about ten feet away but it too one more step toward me and was like "Oh there you are!" and went full agro.

I was too excited about my first wolf encounter to really try anything other than "testing" their health pool with my axe and m70 and absolutely shocked how many hits my axe took to kill them, easily 2-3 times as many hits as an infected. 

I'm heading back to the country this afternoon for a lazy night by myself, my character can hold his own now against environmental concerns and is free to test things. I'm debating a diagonal N/W run inland or south down the east coast and a swim to see if they're spawning on Skalatisy.

Has anyone got any theories on how the wolves spawn? Are they always there or do they spawn out of sight and move towards you fully or partially aware of you? I'm almost 100% sure the infected now have a partially aware or "suspect" states. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, IMT said:

Yes I know that, that's what Luc was doing. But you can waste a lot of ammo that way and you still might've missed him. I only do that when I know for certain where the person is exactly hiding in there.

Such as right behind the door, looting my body, perhaps...

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Such as right behind the door, looting my body, perhaps...

Yep, I shot through the wall but I didn't need to do that too much as he already was peaking trying to shoot me. After I bandaged up and took position again, I didn't know where he was. :)

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

-snip  Has anyone got any theories on how the wolves spawn? Are they always there or do they spawn out of sight and move towards you fully or partially aware of you? I'm almost 100% sure the infected now have a partially aware or "suspect" states. 

I've seen wolves traversing the landscape between different spawn areas, through my scope.  It seems that if you are somewhat hidden, they will not notice you if you are fa enough away.
If you can hear them howling, then they can hear you walking, is the impression I get.  They've come up on me from valleys, where they shouldn't have been able to see me at all on top of the ridge.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, IMT said:

Yep, I shot through the wall but he I didn't need to do that too much as he already was peaking trying to shoot me. After I bandaged up and took position again, I didn't know where he was. :)

Of course you do... : )  He was hiding in the corner, loggin out like a Bi***.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I've seen wolves traversing the landscape between different spawn areas, through my scope.  It seems that if you are somewhat hidden, they will not notice you if you are fa enough away.
If you can hear them howling, then they can hear you walking, is the impression I get.  They've come up on me from valleys, where they shouldn't have been able to see me at all on top of the ridge.

Okay, this just popped into my head do you recall an official statement to the effect of AI being able to "smell" you?

I grew up in the woods and most wildlife relies on all it's senses not just "seeing to believe it" I can hear varying wind now it seems is the direction still fixed? 

Wolves also have way better hearing than your average humans so it would stand to reason that if there's other ways for the AI to be aware of you wolves should hear you from a lot farther than another player or infected.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Of course you do... : )  He was hiding in the corner, loggin out like a Bi***.

I had the perfect position on the door and he was opening and closing it according to Luc. So I thought I just wait until he opens the door and shows himself again. But instead, the wuss decided to log out.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 1

I don't know, @BCBasher I've just had the wolves detect my presence in places that two players would have had no chance of spotting or hearing each other.  

Maybe the wolves are gamma boosting and using some kind of ESP to find us.

I'll try to make it a goal to see if a herd of cows will distract a wolfpack from chasing me down.  I've already discovered, and heard confirmed over TS, that you can actually run with a pack of wolves for quite some distance in open fields and not take much damage if you keep dodging them.  Traveler made it from Lopatino to Kabanino with wolves in-tow.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I don't know, @BCBasher I've just had the wolves detect my presence in places that two players would have had no chance of spotting or hearing each other.  

Maybe the wolves are gamma boosting and using some kind of ESP to find us.

I'll try to make it a goal to see if a herd of cows will distract a wolfpack from chasing me down.  I've already discovered, and heard confirmed over TS, that you can actually run with a pack of wolves for quite some distance in open fields and not take much damage if you keep dodging them.  Traveler made it from Lopatino to Kabanino with wolves in-tow.

Yep, I ran with the pack at Sinistok as well yesterday. I was running in front and the rest of them to my sides. I really felt like I was the alpha male at that time ghehe.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Okay, this just popped into my head do you recall an official statement to the effect of AI being able to "smell" you?

I grew up in the woods and most wildlife relies on all it's senses not just "seeing to believe it" I can hear varying wind now it seems is the direction still fixed? 

Wolves also have way better hearing than your average humans so it would stand to reason that if there's other ways for the AI to be aware of you wolves should hear you from a lot farther than another player or infected.

When I was standing in the bush, the pack actually walked past me. Perhaps if I had been squatting down, they would never have stopped? The closest wolf was facing almost directly away from me. I may have imagined it, but he appeared to make a sniffing animation, before he turned towards me and attacked.

So, I don.t know if he smelled me, or he just happened to turn in my direction and saw me, or if by turning my head, I made a noise.

• Like 1