Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

3 minutes ago, McWendy said:

You'd be surprised with how many people play the hermit way. People just dont twitch it (or whatever is used today)  because well its not fun to look at. (Not that this old geezer gets the whole look at another play a game phenomenon)

Do the cooking attributes like; 

-tripod -frying pan -cooking pot

Do they even work? 

Tripod and cooking pot works. Frying pan only works on the portable gas stove with cannister.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, IMT said:

Tripod and cooking pot works. Frying pan only works on the portable gas stove with cannister.

Ah, now that would make sense considering the amount of faffing about with an open fire and the frying pan I did with very little results.

So what is the script with the tripod and pot, do you need both of them to get it working?

3 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

Ah, now that would make sense considering the amount of faffing about with an open fire and the frying pan I did with very little results.

So what is the script with the tripod and pot, do you need both of them to get it working?

To cook with a cooking pot on a fireplace outside you will need either the tripod or I believe it was 8 big stones (mined by a pickaxe/ice axe) to make a stone oven. You just add them to the fireplace like you would add wood the fireplace. Inside an house you only need to place the selfmade fireplace in the fireplace inside the house and you can add the cooking pot to it. Make sure it is added as an attachment because otherwise you will ruin your cooking pot.

• Like 3

Woohoo, Killed a pile of dogs today!

Was just coming up on a red split level in the middle of nowhere when I heard howls, close. I ran in through the carport door and shut it behind me rushed through the living room to shut the front door and one got in so I locked him in with me and got to work with my axe. I took a bite or two but it ended off worse for him than me, bandaged up and butchered it. Let another in and did the same at which point my pack was full of steaks and two pelts. They ruined my matches, some 9mm bullets, and damaged my 15 loose 308 rounds but whatever, don't care, killed wolves. I shot a third out the window and the fourth fled, I actually thought meleeing them one at a time inside was pretty easy but can imagine on open ground four would have been challenging.

I was hunting anyway so I already have my fertilizer, off to find a barrel now.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Woohoo, Killed a pile of dogs today!

Was just coming up on a red split level in the middle of nowhere when I heard howls, close. I ran in through the carport door and shut it behind me rushed through the living room to shut the front door and one got in so I locked him in with me and got to work with my axe. I took a bite or two but it ended off worse for him than me, bandaged up and butchered it. Let another in and did the same at which point my pack was full of steaks and two pelts. They ruined my matches, some 9mm bullets, and damaged my 15 loose 308 rounds but whatever, don't care, killed wolves. I shot a third out the window and the fourth fled, I actually thought meleeing them one at a time inside was pretty easy but can imagine on open ground four would have been challenging.

I was hunting anyway so I already have my fertilizer, off to find a barrel now.

Just had an encounter with a pack of 5 or 6 as well. It was really interesting because when I killed 2 or 3 of them 2 fled but 1 stayed to attack me. Maybe the alpha male or something?

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, IMT said:

Just had an encounter with a pack of 5 or 6 as well. It was really interesting because when I killed 2 or 3 of them 2 fled but 1 stayed to attack me. Maybe the alpha male or something?

Their movement and pathfinding indoors was a little jankey but otherwise totally the kind of spice a PVE player like myself needs to get back into this great game. I was totally immersed for a good 10 minutes dealing with them and worrying some asshole would notice the commotion and KOS me.

In unrelated news found a pair of hightop converse sneakers in a summer camp along with what appears to be a new flashlight model, how long have those been in?

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 2

met 6 wolfs today NE of krasnotav, no ammo and only an axe..

i was running for my life and climbed on the radiotower on the hill...

bad decision..can´t shoot them and they rumbled around my ladder for 30 minutes.

i closed my eyes and climed down to my end...hard times out there for lone wolfs

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, wasnu said:

bad decision..can´t shoot them and they rumbled around my ladder for 30 minutes.

i closed my eyes and climed down to my end...hard times out there for lone wolfs

Forgive me for stating the obvious, and it is blindingly obvious so I can only presume you thought of this anyway, but would logging out then back in not remove the wolves?

That said, it is a shitty way to get around the problem. It would be nice if you could perhaps drop flares which would frighten them. Ultimately a burning stick would be the ideal weapon to disperse them.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Their movement and pathfinding indoors was a little jankey but otherwise totally the kind of spice a PVE player like myself needs to get back into this great game. I was totally immersed for a good 10 minutes dealing with them and worrying some asshole would notice the commotion and KOS me.

In unrelated news found a pair of hightop converse sneakers in a summer camp along with what appears to be a new flashlight model, how long have those been in?

I believe the sneakers were put in this patch as I didn't notice them being in the first iteration of 0.61. As for the new model flashlight, I never noticed it but will take a second look if I find another one laying around.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, wasnu said:

Climbing anything that has no other escape route is always a bad idea when it comes to things like wolves as I've noticed after locking myself in a house with 5-6 of them running around that they won't leave until they can get inside or if a player takes a chance and hauls butt out of the location they're hiding at.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2016 at 11:09 AM, LordBlackwolf said:

Has anyone seen it raining in any other buildings? I was in a 2 story building when it started to light rain and while I was upstairs it was coming through the roof but after it started raining harder it stopped raining through the roof.

1k4r5F3.jpg 

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma 

On 11/11/2016 at 11:16 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yes, emuthreat took a pic of it raining in one of the newer barracks buildings, I'm not sure if he reported it anywhere.

@KingOfTime I kept thinking to close the windows on the tent but never voiced my concern or took the initiative, definitely another poor choice on my behalf.

Yup, Biohaze, there it is.  Raining inside the barracks; the same rain that froze my ass to deathf.

23 hours ago, BCBasher said:

I can verify this, wasn't paying attention because I was preparing to run if it agrod the infected I threw it at. Now that I think about it though it was a thud sound but I was too far away to get flashed or ears ringing.

Do they still damage pants and shoes if you get them close enough?

Yup, can confirm, flashbangs will still hurt legs.

2 hours ago, rickyriot said:

TL;DR? Can you cook, and if so how?

All the same stuff as the others said.  Cooking pot will work with stone oven, cooking tripod on a simple fireplace, inside a household fireplace, or on a portable gas stove;  Frying pan will only work on the portable gas stove.  Roasting meat on a stick will work anywhere but the portable gas stove.

Putting lard in with the meat in a frying pan will change the texture of the cooked meat.  Similarly, an empty (no water) cooking pot will behave much like a frying pan.

When you cook the first batch and have to wait a few seconds for the pan to heat up, your food will be done after  80-90 seconds, every batch thereafter should cook in about 65 seconds.

It is still not possible to cook anything other than meat.  I tried throwing in one of ZombieDean's Kiwis with a couple wolf steaks to fill-out the pot, and it ended up just getting damaged.  Rice still cannot be cooked either.  >>>  @Hicks_206 (DayZ)  I'm still waiting on that hoagie sandwich.  Where my advanced cooking mechanics at, B?

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Reveal hidden contents

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma 

*snip*

It is still not possible to cook anything other than meat.  I tried throwing in one of ZombieDean's Kiwis with a couple wolf steaks to fill-out the pot, and it ended up just getting damaged.  Rice still cannot be cooked either.  >>>  @Hicks_206 (DayZ)  I'm still waiting on that hoagie sandwich.  Where my advanced cooking mechanics at, B?

How about when pigs and boars come back, we have pork, a meat hammer, cereal, frying pans, and chickens just need eggs and I could whip up some schnitzel.  

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

It is still not possible to cook anything other than meat.

I presume fish as well?

18 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

I presume fish as well?

I only cook the meaty parts of fish, in game.

• Like 1

So is just me or can you NOT tan wolf pelts?

24 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

So is just me or can you NOT tan wolf pelts?

To be honest Basher, I don't think anyone else would try to RUIN such a fine pelt by tanning it.  For shame...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

To be honest Basher, I don't think anyone else would try to RUIN such a fine pelt by tanning it.  For shame...

Well a rolling stone like me doesn't need a damn rug or wall hanging.

Now this though...

f26a56c029d3d2a262b65307b8791267.jpg

I'd just walk down the beach like "come at me bro".

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

f26a56c029d3d2a262b65307b8791267.jpg

Is that a... ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐□-□ (⌐□_□) ...a geek in wolf's clothing?

Edit: Sorry that was rubbish. I blame waiting in the exp server queue for lowering my humour threshold.

Edited by rickyriot
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, rickyriot said:

Is that a... ( •_•) ( •_•)>⌐□-□ (⌐□_□) ...a geek in wolf's clothing?

Pretty much, thought the pic was funny as I just saw a pair of those shoes in game.

On that note those sneakers should make you fall on your ass trying to traverse slopes on wet grass in game like the real thing.

• Like 2

I'm happy that the zombies spawn in hordes and pose an actual threat, but.....

My experience so far with .61 zombies has been horrible. It's not the damage that bothers me. What's been happening for me, is that when I attempt to swing at a zombie, half the time the zombie is suddenly behind me before my weapon strikes. Totally unacceptable in my book. Even when I'm fortunate enough to hit a zombie, they still manage to zip around and behind me in between attempts to strike them. I really hope this gets fixed. It's really annoying in the meantime.

3 minutes ago, vfxtodd said:

I'm happy that the zombies spawn in hordes and pose an actual threat, but.....

My experience so far with .61 zombies has been horrible. It's not the damage that bothers me. What's been happening for me, is that when I attempt to swing at a zombie, half the time the zombie is suddenly behind me before my weapon strikes. Totally unacceptable in my book. Even when I'm fortunate enough to hit a zombie, they still manage to zip around and behind me in between attempts to strike them. I really hope this gets fixed. It's really annoying in the meantime.

this is an problem with high ping.

try servers with ping under 50 and zeds are good to handle.

ping over 100 and the zeds are ridiculous

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wasnu said:

this is an problem with high ping.

try servers with ping under 50 and zeds are good to handle.

ping over 100 and the zeds are ridiculous

Yep, I'm lucky if I can get under 300 ping at my weekday home. Cant circle strafe em like I used to but backpeddling works for the most part.

• Like 1

yes, high ping is horrible in .61

when you watch videos on youtube or twitch streams, you see an hugh difference between zeds acting on low ping and high ping.

i hope this could be fixed but i think it will end with an "easy" fix in future, ping over 100 hundred and "you are out" of playing on those servers.

bad solution for people like you with high pings, so lets hope it could be fixed on other ways 

• Like 1