Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Do you have an aversion to using the DC trick to get unstuck from the map?

Nah, I just didn't think about it at the time. No worries, I don't mind at all. :) 

• Like 1

Survival aspect is on point in these recent updates.

I was gearing up at west tents and barely bumped into anyone (lucky) and it started pouring really badly in which i got really cold (didn't get hypothermia).

I had to make a fire or I was going to die and I was just sitting there so paranoid because of how visible my shadow was. Really wanted to do something to block the shadow but yea. You can also see the rain slightly lit up by the fire in the window. Man I love this game. When they add indoor rain sounds gawwarwargh

cb0d780db3.jpg

• Like 4

Killed some wolves finally.

emuthreat and I killed all but 1 from a pack and got shot friendly like but survived.

Shortly after that everything went downhill.

Throughout the session I told him to mind the rain, and told him to take the first (yellow) raincoat we found but he insisted Gorka pants and running would be enough.

You were wrong!

Here's emu dying while roasting his butt.

p4Ab32O.jpg

After stashing emu's stuff with Brooks, we hunkered down in a mil tent to eat and heal. That's when the last wolf sought revenge. We heard the howling close in for quite a long time. It kept circling our tent and eventually when Brooks ran out it pounced on his back. I winged it, Brooks finished it off, and then logged out shortly afterwards.

Left here in the tent alone, I was nearly healed and decided to wait the last minutes until emu arrived. Soon after he arrived he began piling on his old gear again and we merely prattled on as if we hadn't a care in the world. Bang, blood squirts from the right side of my head and I fall to my left in a pretty graphic depiction of my demise and I am dead.... emu runs out in a panic and is gunned down as well.

My first run in with KoS in a long time and I really blame myself.

Our location and the length of time spent there was certainly pressing my luck.

After spawning near Tulga I immediately found a Taloon backpack and Sporter with a nearly full 30 round mag and began the trudge North, once more....

• Like 8

In Cherno with sunset. :)

20161111075115_1.jpg

Going stealth mode inside a shack in Cherno - a newspawn will be happy to see that bag I just dropped. ;)

20161111075928_1.jpg

Edited by ori42
  • Like 5

It looks like that tent got completely scrubbed, Bio. They even cut down a bunch of trees for some reason...

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

p4Ab32O.jpg

Hey, I recognize that tree. Just off the road heading east from the tents to Vavilolo?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

Hey, I recognize that tree. Just off the road heading east from the tents to Vavilolo?

Yup. You got it.  

I started getting the cold notification as I was coming into the airfield, and I noticed that got down to 35 degrees by the time I was halfway done looting the tents.  By the time we made it out of the fence, I was Freezing.  Hypothermia set in just about the time the fire got started, but it was too late.

I suspect that the status notifications have a significant delay, though this notion hasn't come from any precise testing. It definitely seems like the status indicators show up a fair bit after they begin affecting you.  I started shaking a couple minutes before I got the freezing notification.
We noticed later in that play session, that it takes a couple minutes between seeing 5000 blood and 5000 health, and the healthy status appearing.

I need you guys! We have test server and We need to full it up. Can you help us?

IP : 185.62.206.152:2302

Uncle-Sam-Says-We-Need-You.jpg

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

I need you guys! We have test server and We need to full it up. Can you help us?

I'm on it. The famous TEST 1 server :D

• Like 2

come on guys!

only 40 players on the test1, that is not enough

join 185.62.206.152:2302

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, wasnu said:

come on guys!

only 40 players on the test1, that is not enough

join 185.62.206.152:2302

I will join in right now ;)

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Damn you @Baty Alquawen ! hehe

I really hadnt time to play, but you made me reboot and start dayz :D

Now an hour or two later, I had to quit. First time i "played" 061, first thoughts:

1. Wheres the food!

2.Still had a pingismatch going on inside houses(not all, some, like the polisstation)

3.Some zeds are in really good shape hehe , i often find my self mistaken a zed for a player in the begining :D

Point one, made me, more looking for food then playing hehe I gues im doing something wrong, last time i played we could find food so. Havent really played since 059. But now with 060-061 combine iam really stoked!

[character status was saved]

PS oh i relogged when i had some zeds outside the house i was in and when i got back in my character was auto swinging the axe. (i hadnt clicked the attack button).

I have a question, is it a feature that i cant crawl between a table and a wall but i can go/run between them?

Edited by zemos (DayZ)

11 minutes ago, Arthur Dubrovka said:

Ok, character status was saved. @Test1

Yeah same here, thats nice!

I've noticed that doors and zombies can cause really bad rubber banding for example when you open a door, occasionally it opens outward and pushes you to the side but because of latency you run through on your screen but the server sees you pushed to the side so when it tries to move you as if you ran through the door it cannot. The server will keep trying to pull you back to the spot where it knows you are and could not have moved else where because of collision but because of collision it fails to push you back all the way which makes it difficult (sync) your client position to the server.

It is most evident when playing servers with 300+ ping (TEST1)

Here are a few examples I drew up (shitty) to further explain this. (PLEASE BE AWARE I COULD BE ENTIRELY WRONG)

e693c434b0.png

4ae00f8059.jpg

Example 2 with zombies that happened to me 1 hour ago (i died because of this)

7878b886b5.png

690bd806ac.png

wow so shit

• Like 4

12 hours ago, buuky said:

I also noticed the character modifier 'packed' and I wonder if that is an indication of me being a hoarder carrying a lot of junk through the country side (2 rifles, full high cap vest and hunting backpack). So I wonder if that modifier already heats me up faster as I run around with that heavy luggage?

From what i observed, the packed modifier stand for stuffed.

• Like 2

Ended up playing some more... not good, still dont have time lol but i got hooked, as i said havent been playing since 059 "kind".

Now i did found some food so my character is still alive! (i bet you have changed the food some how, shouldnt be alive i think).

I really like the new sound, its great! I have only been able to use the p1 pistol so fare, it sounds great. A bit loud maybe, but im not complaining, i think its should be like this!

But it feel like i still have a ring in my ear(irl)  xD

I tryd and killed a chicken, but i couldnt do anything with it afterwards, except hiding its body. So i did, but i could still see its body hehe

Edited by zemos (DayZ)

Hello !

Wolves are amazing ! but a bit too resistant In my opinion !

Keep up the great works devs !

• Like 4

Was on server 1 earlly in the morning, what it was for?

Edited by exwoll

I did not notice any difference between the regular exp servers yesterday and the "THE TEST 1" server today. I don't know if this was already reported (it's really hard to search the new issue tracker) but I noticed that the weapon sway was really large and that the gun does to usual "elliptic movement" but then jumps back to another position every few seconds. (I did use a splint, did not move for a long time but this did not change anything). Did somebody else notice this?

Can the feedback tracker get some form of version field? Or at least print the created date on the search result page. I don't like this tracker at all. Every time I visit the site I have to add the Dayz Tag to the search options and it takes so much longer to check if a bug is already reported. Imho the old mantis bug tracker was more intuitive to use.

Edited by bingo_fuel

Well, I'm pretty excited about this patch!

200_s.gif

Quick constructive criticism, only because CLE really matters now.

I think axes should be much rarer.  They are so important to easy survival.  The problem is if you don't have a axe to get sticks from bushes, the forest floor is too unforgiving.  It's just one stick, they should be easy to find in the forest.  Easy access to sticks should be a way to battle hypothermia.   Right now you can cook a chicken with just a stone knife, and its much more of a struggle to do it without a axe, which is great. That period might not happen or is too quick though. 

This entry level period should last longer and could be expanded IMO. Less backpacks, less axes, less matches.  Then more burlap, high % finding sticks, more crap shirts for rope, way more books.

I loving hypothermia and the rain, except how fast you lose blood.  Other options to keep the rain off would be great, it should have a disadvantage of being really noticeable like a pink raincoat, maybe wearing a big blue tarp would be fun.

Incredible work devs!  .61 is going to be great.

PSA, if your not using the hotbar to reload, start, it's pretty awesome. Hotbar is functioning reliably!

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 3