Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136067

Hey guys!

So - as of this build we're still working on addressing critical issues with server performance, character saving, and of course a small list of responsivity, and character status issues caused by the mentioned server performance issue.
Editing the post to break down examples of behavior that is known:

- Infected reaction speed may be reduced
- Character modifiers/status can become stuck or not update properly
- Infected can push characters through/into model geometry causing movement issues
- Collision/Navigation in some complex structures can push your character around
- Issues with door states can occur
- Damage being delayed

Other issues include but are not limited to:

- Infected vocal sounds being too quiet
- VOIP volume too loud

This update should have several audio changes, including returning the VON icon so you can know when you're talking in game.

• Like 19

It's patching time! Going in right after to do some testing!! Cheers Brian!! Thanks for everything! :D

• Like 2

@HaseDesTodes

There was a theory or rumor about the needle+vial being a cure for illness in game.

I have never confirmed this myself and hoped someone might chime in.

As you have pointed out, NaOH solution is for another purpose entirely (are we still getting sepsis?) that is likely as yet to be seen in game and I agree would be incorrect as antibiotic.

Maybe they will add more types of vials in the future...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We looooove patches!

Thanx, Byron!

Was this in the server browser before?   Full + Players in Queue

When in expanded server details. If not, that's a nice addition.

Played on a high ping/low pop server for a while.

The infected still have the same bully effect during melee and it seems a fix for the new character position system is not in yet.

There was no sound or animation when I emptied an SKS....

Lunch time.

Hmm, there's a few server that seem "locked" in a state. I logged in on a 1PP server, thinking there would be a wipe with the patch, but no, I still had my character. But, when I tried to exit the building, the rubberbanding kept me in it, no matter what I tired. (different animations, stances, items in hands, crouch, prone, vaulting, opening and closing doors repeatedly,etc.)

Gonna try a different 1PP server to see if it was restricted to this one.

Edit: I tried 4 different 1PP server, and it seems they all do the same. I'm stuck inside the radio station at Altar. Door opened or closed, don't matter, I can't exit the building. Gonna wait a bit to see if I'm the only one with this issue, and suicide if I am...

Edited by odin_lowe

One way I've found that replicates the stutter 100% of the time on my system is turing on aming dead zone and looking around. While that is active, panning on screen is extremely choppy. 

Edited by Klean

47 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Hmm, there's a few server that seem "locked" in a state. I logged in on a 1PP server, thinking there would be a wipe with the patch, but no, I still had my character. But, when I tried to exit the building, the rubberbanding kept me in it, no matter what I tired. (different animations, stances, items in hands, crouch, prone, vaulting, opening and closing doors repeatedly,etc.)

Gonna try a different 1PP server to see if it was restricted to this one.

Edit: I tried 4 different 1PP server, and it seems they all do the same. I'm stuck inside the radio station at Altar. Door opened or closed, don't matter, I can't exit the building. Gonna wait a bit to see if I'm the only one with this issue, and suicide if I am...

I had a similar issue. There's an issue with door rendering that don't show correctly if the door is open or closed, and if you are too close to it, it's like you get stuck near the door and cant even move away. 

Randomly escaped the trap with alternate crouching, running and spinning in the same place

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hey guys!

So - as of this build we're still working on addressing critical issues with server performance, character saving, and of course a small list of responsivity, and character status issues caused by the mentioned server performance issue.

(Eg: Character modifiers not updating at the proper speed or getting stuck, characters stuttering when aiming down sights, infected moving slowly, etc)

This update should have several audio changes, including returning the VON icon so you can know when you're talking in game.

I noticed that the binoculars is buged now with this minor update - you need sometimes to hit "B" button otherwise it`s hard to use it properly.

It sounds great no hurry - the character saved for me now when the server crashed - I was on the 1st person server, and I was hit in the leg, but I notice fracture bone doesn`t make you limb, thanks Bohemia for nothing fixing all bugs probably saved my life. ;)

Edited by ori42
content update
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, exwoll said:

I had a similar issue. There's an issue with door rendering that don't show correctly if the door is open or closed, and if you are too close to it, it's like you get stuck near the door and cant even move away. 

Randomly escaped the trap with alternate crouching, running and spinning in the same place

Hmm. You didn't seem to read my post, as I've already stated that I tried that. I've seen the bug when server restarts, and the doors showed closed, but were open and vice-versa, but this isn't the same thing, at all.

I've experienced this kind of issue back in 0.47, and it's different from yesterday, or the day before. Today's patch desync my character from it's origin point. That's why you get wipes most of the time between fixes and patches on experimental, and global wipes on stable branch.

Edit: I managed to get out, with F11... I tried throwing items like Snarienza said, but they were teleporting (rubberbanding) back to my feet when hitting the ground. So I placed a few items I wanted to keep in my backpack and left it in the corner of the room, then proceeded to kill myself. Spawned in Berezino, made my way to Gorka, found a few items there and armed myself, then went straight to Altar radio station to get my backpack (remember, they last 4 hours on the ground) and surprise!!! Can't enter the building either. It seems it's Altar itself, as going inside all the buildings in Berezino or Gorka wasn't problematic, at all. Doors open or closed, all open or not, we can't seem to enter the radio station anymore...

Edited by odin_lowe
  • Like 2

Played on DE-2 for the last two hours. Not a single crash during this time and met a friendly player.

Server performance was acceptable. Inventory management had some lag but jumping was responding fast enough most of the time. Sometimes the movement got a bit choppy - but I did not notice any real correlation between my action and the slow reaction.

Except when an infected aggroed on me: my movements often got really choppy and the infected sometimes had some kind of turbo boost. They were teleporting around me while I tried to hit them with my bat. But during the night I could sneak up to the infected and hit them (without any performance degradation).
I broke the legs of one infected and it started crawling with insane speed (and kept pushing me through objects). After I managed to land another hit the crawling speed was much lower again.

I visited smaller remote villages (e.g. Shakhovka and Kumyrna). As usual I found so much ammo and food in the remote places. I don't know if my status was updating correctly: I was energized/hydrated/stuffed and that did not change for two hours. The bleeding indicator worked correctly.

Is there an option to hide the Status Box for screenshots?

XSxgADV.jpg

0RCdawm.jpg

Edited by bingo_fuel
  • Like 5

Play was similar to previous patches today.

Here emuthreat tests the range of the sad Alpha crossbow.

The glorious player controller module will hopefully solve it's issues.

8868JVA.jpg

Here we see emuthreat and GirthBrooks practicing their mil-tent soccer skills in Tisy base....

8ysXCxc.jpg

After GaryWalnuts and GirthBrooks signed off, IMT, Dudester100, and I went to Sinistok for some delicious well water and a zombie shooting gallery.

At the top of the field on the east side of town we stood there and drew aggro to see how many came out to play.

A wave of 10 or so infected came from all parts of town and we made fairly short work with AKM (drum mag), AK-101, Scorpion, Glock....

We looted for maybe 5 minutes before more infected began to appear again.

We killed off this 2nd wave and that's where I decided to log off to get food.

Zombie slaughter sure can work up an appetite!

• Like 5

I want to try the x-bow - I saw it one shot killed a zombie on a livestream earlier, hehe. So hard to find ammo for it though at the moment. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

I can confirm the issue with the Altar radio station building that odin_lowe reported earlier. I played on DE-02.

My character status never got stuck and was updating just fine. I got cold a few times due to the rain, then put on a rain coat, gloves, hat and gas mask and started running to warm up and the temperature indicator in the debug windows reflected all ups and downs properly. Rather interesting to see it all broken down.

I also noticed the character modifier 'packed' and I wonder if that is an indication of me being a hoarder carrying a lot of junk through the country side (2 rifles, full high cap vest and hunting backpack). So I wonder if that modifier already heats me up faster as I run around with that heavy luggage?

The random choppiness was also still occurring for me, my cross hair would start twitching from time to time and the steam overlay fps indicator started dropping below 20 fps for me. Curiously it was most prominent in the area around Green Mountain between Polkovo and Pogorevka as I was heading NE.

The night before on the previous build I experienced the same choppiness and frame drops in the same area coming from the opposite direction. Also when I turned around and looked in the direction I was coming from it seemed to stop. Strange and rather vague, it might be coincidence - I am not sure.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Hmm. You didn't seem to read my post, as I've already stated that I tried that. I've seen the bug when server restarts, and the doors showed closed, but were open and vice-versa, but this isn't the same thing, at all.

I've experienced this kind of issue back in 0.47, and it's different from yesterday, or the day before. Today's patch desync my character from it's origin point. That's why you get wipes most of the time between fixes and patches on experimental, and global wipes on stable branch.

Edit: I managed to get out, with F11... I tried throwing items like Snarienza said, but they were teleporting (rubberbanding) back to my feet when hitting the ground. So I placed a few items I wanted to keep in my backpack and left it in the corner of the room, then proceeded to kill myself. Spawned in Berezino, made my way to Gorka, found a few items there and armed myself, then went straight to Altar radio station to get my backpack (remember, they last 4 hours on the ground) and surprise!!! Can't enter the building either. It seems it's Altar itself, as going inside all the buildings in Berezino or Gorka wasn't problematic, at all. Doors open or closed, all open or not, we can't seem to enter the radio station anymore...

I noticed this last night, that the main radio station building seemed to have an issue with the doors being blocked.

Sorry to hear that you couldn't get your backpack back.  Do you have an aversion to using the DC trick to get unstuck from the map?

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

I want to try the x-bow - I saw it one shot killed a zombie on a livestream earlier, hehe. So hard to find ammo for it though at the moment. 

The crossbow zeroing is stuck at 30 meters, and I would consider that a fairly reliable number.  In the picture that Biohaze posted, I was aiming so high that the zombie was hidden behind the end of the crossbow's barrel, and the bolt still fell short by a couple dozen meters.

Not suitable for use beyond 50 meters.  At all...

Also, I feel that it is worth stating, especially after my cavalier handling of a certain player's distasteful complaint about Hypothermia, that there are cases where the weather will flat-out kill you in a matter of minutes.

As a geared player with USMC pants and jacket, I became cold at the west edge of Zelenogorsk, and neglected to light a fire until I reached Bor.  Once I became Hypothermic, there was no way that I could eat apples and stoke the fire fast enough to avoid dying.  I think it took all of four minutes once Hypothermia set-in.

Interestingly enough, everybody in the Discord server I was in at the time also died due to the cold.  We respawned and everybody died again, so we switched servers.  Well, @Kohlbar stuck around for a little bit longer, but the consensus was that something was very wrong with the temperature on that server.

So I'll offer a slight sliver of an apology to @serelaw, for my handling of the aforementioned shitpost.  It is possible to die from the cold through no fault of one's own. There, I said it.  Now take off your clothes and get schwifty.

Edited by emuthreat
Addendum
  • Like 5

Found two new issues, The silencer on the scorpion doesnt mute the sound at all, although it would seem that zombies are unable to hear it. Also my character had a black head with no face for quite a while, i know this is an old issue, but while it lasted several zombies i encountered were completely white and without texture and a few objects as well.

I also met two players, both started shooting immediately. Please fix it.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Killawife said:

I also met two players, both started shooting immediately. Please fix it.

Lol.

Yeah the black hole face isn't new but 0 texture zombies is new to me!

Good to know about the Scorpion. This may imply that even if a gun sound plays through the client the infected are hardwired to not hear any shots covered with a silencer and will not aggro.

I just want another pistol suppressor. :(

I found one early with my first character but he died due to curiosity about the large red and white radio tower.....

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Lol.

Yeah the black hole face isn't new but 0 texture zombies is new to me!

Good to know about the Scorpion. This may imply that even if a gun sound plays through the client the infected are hardwired to not hear any shots covered with a silencer and will not aggro.

I just want another pistol suppressor. :(

I found one early with my first character but he died due to curiosity about the large red and white radio tower.....

Thought the texture thing was just my sub-par computer.

Glad there was no wipe, found a scoped M70 last night before I logged out.

Super excited about slaying some cows or elk tonight! 

• Like 2

I found my pistol supressor in a heli crash site on my 3rd person character. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Ok can confirm, went to to the station. It's unaccessible from both doors. 

Also:

• Face of the character disappeared when I picked up a flashbang
  • Can't use hunting scope with one button, have to take it in hands, press space bar, and then the aim button!
  • Can't use B95 speedloader. Had 2 of them, fired both shots, and there's no reload icon!
  • Still can't see the VOIP icon

Edited by exwoll

This patch... so many zombies! It's freakin' glorious, they chased me and my crew out of Elektro haha. I've been testing the cannibal mechanics recently, and it seemed like human steak took longer to cook over an open fire than chicken? Cannibalism seems a viable survival option on the coast with the lack of food resources there (just make sure you cook the meat!) Also the game seems quite choppy and I'm getting fewer fps than usual. 

• Like 1

This is the best outfit I have found for making it off the coast without freezing to death.  Enjoy. 

78B12B040C812949BF7965112D035BF3A36A80D1

• Like 3