exwoll

Public apology to the development team and Brian

I want to offer @Hicks_206 (DayZ) and the whole  DayZ development team my most sincere apologies for all the negative comments I had made in the past regarding them and their work. 

After a gaming session in experimental branch last night, I just realized how much work and dedication is placed in every version of the game, and how was I unjust in a lot of my critiques to them and the game. I feel really ashamed for myself and the things I said. 

Most of them where made when I just started exploring the immense world this game offers, and wasn't aware of how hard can it be to develop a game like this. I had no Idea about what it takes to rework an engine, or how hard can that decision hit the timeline of a project. Other times I was just having some troubles IRL and when I came stressed at night to my PC, was overfrustrated about the time is taking the game to come out, then saw some people throwing rocks at you, and just followed them without thinking about it, was just projecting my anger to something else, and I'm really sorry that you resulted to be that something. 

I realized how hard it can become at times to the devs (and Brian specially) to get back from work late at night, after breaking their necks in an issue, log-in into the forums or Reddit, and see all that totally destructive  and most times unfair critique towards them and their work. I'm a perfectionist and  know how it is to show something you've done, and even among the 345345345 positive critiques get destroyed by that one negative  that address an issue you forgot about, ot couldn't do anything about. Now having that multiplied by 3 million to get to your level, I must have to say that I respect you for keeping up the work at this project. You got to have steel balls to continue this path (and a good salary lol), and thanks to you for that!. 

Please forgive me guys for those moments of weakness that made me say bad things about you, and thanks again for all the effort and love you're putting on this project, no matter what happens or what people (idiots like me) are saying out there!

P.s. I'm not drunk nor anything.

• Like 15

Without trolling your previous posts...I welcome you to the warm little center of the DayZ SA Universe that is "tempered enthusiasm" and "informed objectivity".

Glad to have you back....and look forward to seeing you in game!

P.S.  Being a tad drunk is really not such a bad thing, when bouncing around in Experimental....as long as you remember to laugh at stuff....rather than rant at it. ;-)

Edited by philbur

^^^What he said about drunkenness, though a tad might be on the light side for some people.  I prefer playing fairly drunk at times, just a tad may work for others; to each his own.

As for public apologies, I thought those were just something they made paedo's do after getting away with it because of their social position.  No need for that ugliness.

Not being an asshat does the job just fine, and without drawing attention back to the negative.  Never would have though this was warranted until you decided to remind us; still not sure that it was.

Edited by emuthreat

On 11/6/2016 at 11:21 AM, exwoll said:

I feel really ashamed for myself and the things I said. 

The amount of ignorant shit I have seen on this forum in 4 1/2 years is astounding.

Myself and a tiny group of informed people have maintained a semblance of consistent engagement with the project and it has not been easy retaining ones sanity when every other day there is somebody who comes along and smears another layer of shit talk over the relevant parts of the forum.

Here.

GvNwbrM.jpg

jpI7lzV.jpg

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 2