Sign in to follow this  
exwoll

Increase weapons decay in barrels/tents

I believe that if the rusting rate of weapons, ammo and other items stored (and unused) in persitent containers for a long time (x) should be drastically increased.

This would allow:

• Decrease excessive hoarding of guns and ammo left unused in camps and stashes
  • Increase the traffic to spots where such guns or items could be found, since one wouldn't be able to hoard the same item for infinite time
  • Give a real use to weapon cleaning kits
  • Allow the creation of new items to help with weapon storage (oils f.e. )
  • Like 5

As much as I enjoy a good camp horde I have to agree.  I'd like to see (eventually) most items having a decay rate while in storage, and tents themselves decaying if they go unused for weeks, perhaps mil tents and car tents lasting a bit longer (and being more protective) than civ tents.  Guns and ammo might begin to wear over the course of weeks after the tent itself goes from pristine-to-worn considtion.  Unpreserved foods should spoil quickly and other biodegradables behave more appropriately.  Unexpectedly coming across a long forgotten camp would add a bit more atmosphere into Chernarus too.

• Like 4

Kind of going off GaryWalnuts's idea, the lower tier (Civ Tent < Mil Tent) should offer shorter storage lifetime, and that the lower condition each item lowers the lifetime as well.

So a pristine Mil Tent would be leaps and bounds better than a Badly Damaged Civ Tent.

• Like 2

Maybe the tent condition could affect item decay. Guns in a pristine barrel would degrade slower than guns in a badly damaged barrel. To keep the loot in better condition you'd have to repair the tents or barrels.

• Like 3

Within the same reasoning maybe we should be able to preserve a weapon with something like cosmoline. Downside would be the weapon would not be immediately ready for use as it would be needed to be cleaned first but would last longer in storage.

• Like 1