Sign in to follow this  
firsk

Headshot

Besides the fact that it should be a lot more zombies, one thing bothers me the most.
Zombies should be harder to kill. Way harder.
And they should hit a bit harder aswell, or have some kind of "wrestle" ability, grabbing hold of the players and pull them down/cripple them.

I would LOVE to see that zombies die from a high calibre headshot, and takes 10+ shots to the chest.
But using a weaker gun like .22 calibre would take at least 5 shots to the head.
This would also improve stability since you wouldn't have to nuke the servers with the undead in order to increase difficulty,
just a fair amount of hard-hitting, really tough bastards roaming the cities.

I'm sure this has been suggested before, and a lot of other gamers would love to see this aswell.

• Like 1

I'd kill for some tougher infected, but not even close to that extent. Considering the limited lore we've got about them, they aren't undead, and should be bound by the limits of a normal human. However, (and bare with me for a moment, I'm not familiar with the right terms, but you should get the gist of it) since they've pretty much lost their "humanity", they aren't bound by morals or conscious limitations, only physical limitations. So, thinking like this, they wouldn't hold back at all when it comes to inflicting damage. For example: If we were to bite down onto something normally, we wouldn't smash our jaw as hard as we could, because we won't allow ourselves, but the infected don't limit themselves, so they (if they bit) could bite down with full bone shattering force. That said, a bullet to the head is a bullet to the head. If it shatters the skull and destroys the brain, you're dead.

Basically what I'm getting at is they should be able to inflict way more damage, but should take relatively the same damage if hit in a vital location.

(Oh and I could go for some grappling as well)

1. Zombies need a lot more more work before we can have a lot of them. 

2. Harder yes, but they are only angry humans not undead. 

3. Again way to bugged right now for that

4. Nope, not in a game where at some point (hopefully) ammunition and guns will be rare. 

5. Nope, they are still human, not undead

6. Or they actually make it a survival game not a FPS

Or in short 

It's still and always an alpha. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, General Zod said:

It's still and always an alpha. 

Not extremely relevant to the conversation, but this cracked me up.

41 minutes ago, Zyriun said:

Not extremely relevant to the conversation, but this cracked me up.

I'd say it is, both low numbers and low thread of zeds is because it's alpha and they are work in progress. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

I'd say it is, both low numbers and low thread of zeds is because it's alpha and they are work in progress. 

Oh no no, you've misunderstood me. Your original content was absolutely relevant. I was saying what I was about to say was not relevant to the original topic, but that I found the "It's still and always an alpha" comment funny.

Yeah, they're not rotting "zombies" they're technically seriously infected humans, so I think the damage on them is about right, they should hit harder though. I haven't noticed any of my clothes being damaged much less ruined by infected in a while. Personally I would like to see a chance of infected leaving nasty scratches that cause sickness.

• Like 1

I don't exactly see how would they damage your clothes, human nails, even long and broken aren't that sharp. 

3 hours ago, General Zod said:

I don't exactly see how would they damage your clothes, human nails, even long and broken aren't that sharp. 

Well they could grab your shirt an rip it apart resp. ripping the stitches open or tear a sleeve off etc. So in that case of course shirts would suffer much more damage than leather cloths.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, General Zod said:

2. Harder yes, but they are only angry humans not undead. 

This.

Internalize this.

Restart conversation.

They should also acquire parkour skills with the virus. I've seen they become quite talented at jumping fences and climbing walls lol