Sign in to follow this  
tanyel

Make a website for the exchange of loot

Make a website for the exchange of loot, everything honestly and without selling the loot. Check out. Soon there will be an English version. this CLICK! Please tell us your opinion!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tanyel said:

Make a website for the exchange of loot, everything honestly and without selling the loot. Check out. Soon there will be an English version. this CLICK! Please tell us your opinion!

This is actually pretty good idea. I like how you made pics for every single item so it's much easier to find what you want. Cyka blyat, please make it English. :)

I'm not into trading myself, but this is pretty great. Can't wait to take a look at the English version... now if only I didn't play on private servers

I don't like this at all. It's actually against anything the game is about. If you want to trade, talk to players you meet inside the game. That's what's the game is about. With off-game trading you undermine the basic idea of the game which is to struggle to survive and get items, the risk when interacting with people to get items you need/want and didn't find (yet) yourself etc.

I personally don't even see a single reason why public servers (in the sense that you carry over your character and items from one server to another) would be something to appreciate from the perspective of a player who really plays the game instead of server hopping to collect as much loot as possible in a small amount of time. I would prefer the one server one character approach any time.

• Like 3

We had a live and thriving trade topic on previous forum, people had signatures with names of traders in them, both good and bad. But the forum went down and never recovered. 

1 hour ago, Radibor78 said:

I don't like this at all. It's actually against anything the game is about. If you want to trade, talk to players you meet inside the game. That's what's the game is about. With off-game trading you undermine the basic idea of the game which is to struggle to survive and get items, the risk when interacting with people to get items you need/want and didn't find (yet) yourself etc.

I personally don't even see a single reason why public servers (in the sense that you carry over your character and items from one server to another) would be something to appreciate from the perspective of a player who really plays the game instead of server hopping to collect as much loot as possible in a small amount of time. I would prefer the one server one character approach any time.

Because the players inside of the game shoot everything that moves and don't ask questions. Also it's not exactly a survival game yet so we trade with each other for some extra entertainment.

Public servers exists because some people enjoy playing and strange new server with strange new people rather than some white listed privileged servers where admins can enforce any rules they want and use the servers as loot farms.

We need transferable gear because if / when the game becomes a actual survival game no one is going to enjoy having to start from scratch every time the server on which they have their gear is full or offline. 

Edited by General Zod

4 hours ago, General Zod said:

Because the players inside of the game shoot everything that moves and don't ask questions. Also it's not exactly a survival game yet so we trade with each other for some extra entertainment.

Well, that is part of the game. It shows how people are. Also not everyone does that. Besides if someone who just want to shoot everything that moves could get the gear via such a trade he/she wouldn't even take multiple risks until finding the gear for himself/herself. If you brake it down the risks and hardness to find stuff you want is what the game is, if you skip that by trading the items you want, what then? If someone don't like the risk of dying while trying to get stuff he wants maybe DayZ is just not the game for him, because that's what's all about. You can also team up with other players when entering high risk areas and even if someone from your group get shot, the rest can hunt for the ones that shot. Better than just skipping anything and just trade stuff imho... That's basically what it is - a matter of opinion and for me trading completely destroy 95% percent of what's the game about. If you have a different opinion, be my guest....

Public servers exists because some people enjoy playing and strange new server with strange new people rather than some white listed privileged servers where admins can enforce any rules they want and use the servers as loot farms.

So what? That has nothing to do with what I wrote. First, there are a lot of private servers that don't require whitelisting. Second, and more important, I said nothing about getting rid of public servers, meaning servers that are either run by BI or run by a strict set of rules enforced by BI. What I said is that keeping your character and gear across servers (which is the case on public servers) is what in my opinion serves no purpose other than promoting server hopping. At least that's what I meant. If I wasn't clear enough on that part, then it's my bad. What I want is "Public Servers" should be run like "Private Master Shards". On each server you play you have your distinct server specific character and gear, if you switch to another server you spawn anew (or continue playing with that servers incarnation of your character). This would not just eliminate server hopping but also lift a lot of weight from the server implementation regarding loot spawn and loot balancing management. And as I set, I don't see any convincing reason why the current public server system with carry-over of your character should be considered a good thing.

We need transferable gear because if / when the game becomes a actual survival game no one is going to enjoy having to start from scratch every time the server on which they have their gear is full or offline.

I played on various non white listed servers and never had a problem with not being able to play on it. First it depends on the time. If the server is always full at the time you want to play, why not choose another one. Even if you want to play on servers with lots of people. Servers usually fill up during certain times, so you can choose one appropriate. I haven't played on public servers for quite some time now and never had a problem with continue playing with the character I want to play with on a private server.

Next, if those are public server that are more reliable (with just the change of cross-character-usage disabled) they aren't offline all the time when you want to play. Even on private server you can easily choose one which is properly maintained. If you encounter a server that has a lot of downtime, then don't use it. There are lots of reliable ones out there.

So even if one would consider this an issue (which I don't really see) it's still a minor one compared with the server hopping and loot balancing issues that come along with portable characters.

At some point in the future, when KoS banditry becomes less than 95% of the meta and there are actual community-minded tasks to provide a congregation point for players to interact peacefully, trading will become the lifeblood of DayZ for a lot of players - after all, not everyone will be skilled enough to sneak into a military base, loot important items, and make it out without dying to zombies or bandits. The game is going to get a lot harder, and that will make trading important.

What really worries me is websites like this eventually transitioning into selling in-game items for cash. When the gold-farmers flock here, I suspect it will vastly reshape the manner of the game, and I'm not sure I like what it'll turn into.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

What really worries me is websites like this eventually transitioning into selling in-game items for cash. When the gold-farmers flock here, I suspect it will vastly reshape the manner of the game, and I'm not sure I like what it'll turn into.

Cartels of millitary loot miners will take the military bases in every server, killing everyone who dares to enter their mining territory..... in some way, it would resemble real life and it somehow will become cool to have in-game lol

• Like 2

@Radibor78

I'll respond in points to make my life easier.

1. I generally shoot people who have gear without thinking twice, but I had several successful trade. Don't shit where you eat. Also if the trading exists in the game via out of the game means it indicates that players want that and it's going to happen one way or another.

2 / 3. Yes you were clear enough, and I said that transferable gear is going to continue existing because no one will want to start from scratch when the server on which they already have gear will not be accessible for any reason. At some point to gear will be rare which means geared character will be valuable and people will not just accept not being able to play with said geared character. And I am not going to devote time to have 10 geared characters on different servers simply because you want to get rid of the server hopping and make loot spawn easier. Not every one has time anymore to be hardcore 100 hours a week gamer. And sorry to break this to you but games have to account for that.  

If that doesn't convince you that we have to agree to disagree.

20 minutes ago, General Zod said:

At some point to gear will be rare which means geared character will be valuable and people will not just accept not being able to play with said geared character. And I am not going to devote time to have 10 geared characters on different servers simply because you want to get rid of the server hopping and make loot spawn easier. Not every one has time anymore to be hardcore 100 hours a week gamer. And sorry to break this to you but games have to account for that.

But that is actually the time where you lose me in your argument. I never ever had the problem that I could not continue playing with my character on a single master shard private server because it was offline or full for more than 2 or 3 minutes without a slot opening for me to jump in (which would also be easier in the upcoming version with the server wait list). So the argument is basically that multi server character transfer is there because there might be a problem that doesn't exist as of now maybe perhaps under some circumstances possibly in the future. So the current system encourage server hopping and creates all kinds of problems of issues regarding loot farming because of a problem that does not exist and maybe never will be?

But what actually annoys me the most at the moment is that you only have the choice between "Public Servers" with the issues I see in them and "Private Servers" which have a very loose set of rules and - I give you that one - are in many cases misused in certain ways regarding restarts all the time, admins misusing kick/ban options, always have in game at 8 am to 2 pm so you never have night, etc. So the middle thing, which I prefer, a server that follow the strict rules public servers use but are not in the public hive is hard to find.

44 minutes ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

The game is going to get a lot harder, and that will make trading important.

And trading already is there in the game - with the risk of being betrayed or shot and robbed, but that's the game and actually what makes it interesting...

44 minutes ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

That indeed is a problem. Happened on other games before and will most likely ruin the game for what it is supposed to be. Even if the website itself does not offer selling items people could easily connect and find other ways to sell each other stuff, so even if the website itself might have good intentions it could spawn evil.. ;) - as it attracts and aggregates people who might be willing to even pay something for certain items the rarer they get.

18 minutes ago, Radibor78 said:

But that is actually the time where you lose me in your argument. I never ever had the problem that I could not continue playing with my character on a single master shard private server because it was offline or full for more than 2 or 3 minutes without a slot opening for me to jump in (which would also be easier in the upcoming version with the server wait list). So the argument is basically that multi server character transfer is there because there might be a problem that doesn't exist as of now maybe perhaps under some circumstances possibly in the future. So the current system encourage server hopping and creates all kinds of problems of issues regarding loot farming because of a problem that does not exist and maybe never will be?

But what actually annoys me the most at the moment is that you only have the choice between "Public Servers" with the issues I see in them and "Private Servers" which have a very loose set of rules and - I give you that one - are in many cases misused in certain ways regarding restarts all the time, admins misusing kick/ban options, always have in game at 8 am to 2 pm so you never have night, etc. So the middle thing, which I prefer, a server that follow the strict rules public servers use but are not in the public hive is hard to find.

This still doesn't warrant making your character server exclusive, I may want to play with friends and few slots may not free up as fast. However server hopping is not that much of an issue to put up extreme limitations only to prevent it. What encourages server hopping is not gear transfer but centralised loot. This conversation was had before. Loot is centralised and that's why we can server hop. Because we know exactly where stuff is. So instead of forcing people to either play on the same server all time or make several characters (which by the way will make them less valuable, because you have spares.) we need to decentralise loot. 

Edited by General Zod

16 hours ago, General Zod said:

Because we know exactly where stuff is. So instead of forcing people to either play on the same server all time or make several characters (which by the way will make them less valuable, because you have spares.) we need to decentralise loot.

I give you that one. Centralized loot is a problem, but even if there were multiple military facilities over the map which all hold some gear instead of two or three with 90% of all the military gear it will still be much easier to go to one and hop between various servers (especially those currently low populated by players) and get your loot from the same facility across various servers than have to move to a different location on the same server.

I agree there are problems to both solutions I just figure the character being limited to a specific server the lesser of two evils whereas you might see it the other way round. If there were both kinds of "public" servers - one set of servers with cross server character and gear and a set of one server/one character type but both running the same strict server rules that would be something I'd have no problem with.

Maybe when the server files become available (which is supposed to happen when the beta level is reached as of an interview with Brian Hicks I remember seeing some time ago) there might come more private server with decent configurations which might also ease this problem. Currently renting a server is ridiculously expensive - I mean I can easily rent and run 3 (maybe 4) dedicated servers with better hardware than the ones have you get when renting a 60 slot machine for the same price...

@Radibor78

It's not just the military bases that have centralised loot. Towns have too, most building aren't spawning any good loot, there is too little randomness to where things can be.  

The previous forum had a very active trading topic, which was helped by the fact that we could have signatures that we used to list trusted traders, etc.

There remains a trade topic at the top of this forum, but it is almost dead... I miss trading - it was a key element of my playstyle.

People have tried apps or sites for trading in the past, but they don't seem to work out very well (or people just prefer the forum topic). Good luck with it anyway OP.

I get you wanting trading sites and apps I really do but IMO your screwing yourself out of a lot of good encounters and moments by using third party programs. I too like most above am mainly a trader I like finding a server getting loot and then finding folks to trade with. yes you will die get ripped off but that's part of being a trader you have to learn from your mistakes plan in advance. hell trying to find the hotspots for traffic that aren't a killzone then getting security to overwatch stand guard as I trade out of a car or store i've repurposed is a blast, eventually some goons come along and you might be able to defend but that's why you do some trades then leave plus you do good trades and have good stuff usually I find the friendly players on a server will help you out especially if you pay well. You get to hear all the dirt on a server to usually after a few trades you can find out who's doing what where that's just another plus and if you get locations on camps in my case especially goon camps I sell that information for cheap too if i think it's credible and won't get me shot in the end. again with these apps and websites and even using the forums your screwing yourself out of being a trader yeah it takes work and time and people but to me that's the fun part and what makes it stand out not everyone can be a trader which is the way it should be. It's something I always hate about this game is the amount of laziness of the player everyone knows how the game is and everyone is always trying to find shortcuts whether that be duping,hacking,server hopping,3rd party sites for maps and trading etc to me it's just being lazy and in that laziness your screwing yourself and others on the server of a good experience. again do what you want but if folks start selling loot for money or grimey shit like bots in MMO's I hope bohemia global bans everyone of them and there site gets destroyed and all those involved get destroyed plain and simple. laziness in a survival game should mean failure and death in game plain and simple and attempts at making money off the laziness should brutally punished. end of rant.

• Like 2