Sign in to follow this  
BeaverProductions

Pushing traffic to castles and Northern Highway

I really like the castles in the game.  I often visit them for the view.  I have over 4600 hour in DayZ and have never bumped into another survivor there.

What do you think could be done to push people to go visit these locations?

I was thinking about a dynamic military tent spawn in the castle ground.  This could travel around the various castles on the map in a similar way that choppers spawn in various locations.  Perhaps just one or two tents like the Sosnovka tents in 0.61 so it doesn't get too easy to gear up there.

I was also thinking about the northern highway and towns like Novo/Severograd/Novaya Petrovka.  What would you think of a dynamic military convoy (BMPs/Humvees/V3S) that spawned some decent loot in those cities and possibly along the highway?

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the castles are actually pretty popular (not least because a lot of them have vehicle spawns). And people like swords....

Plus plenty of people around the Northern (ahem) Motorway. I virtually live around there these days, and so do a lot of people whose stashes are in the northern woods.

I agree with OP about the dynamic mil tents though - cute idea. If any region of the map needs them, it's probably the far northeast though.

9 hours ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

Everytime I go to Zub to chill, I get shot or end up shooting somebody. =(

Interesting.  Perhaps Ive just been unlucky to not get an interaction

On 31/10/2016 at 11:50 AM, edoian said:

I have over 4600 hour in DayZ

That's almost 192 days in one game. My total steam time is 836 hours. How do you people do that ?

They are either really, really committed, or are straight up lieing lol. I started playing DayZ in earnest this past February, and i have around 350 hours in game time. I will probably hit somewhere around 500 hours by the end of the year (maybe more depending on .61!), meaning it would take me almost 9 years of playing to get 4,000+ hours lol. I have a full time job, a wife, and a passion for football, which all come before DayZ.

Edited by JBURNS489

1 hour ago, General Zod said:

That's almost 192 days in one game. My total steam time is 836 hours. How do you people do that ?

Like, seriously,  holy fuck.

I have owned Day Z since December 2013, or right after it came out. I have 827 hours.

I mean, I like the game and all, but too much of a "good" thing is a bad thing. I have 800+ hours, and I am pretty much burnt out on Day Z.

I have 4,878 hours, having started in April 2014 (so...0.35 or thereabouts?). What can I say, guess I'm just some kind of masochist.

A proportion of that is just having the game on in the background while I potter about doing work etc, though - I think that time still counts as far as Steam's concerned.

I myself only have a little over 300 hours as i just never have time to get on but i dont find it that surprising that people have 4 or even 5 thousand hours.  just think, u said u have a passion for football.  imagine that was a passion for dayz.  all the hours spent watching games or highlights would be spent playing.  i imagine you probably do at least one fantasy league if its a passion for you in which case that is a massive score of hours you spend on football that could also be spent in game.

Personally i could spend a vast majority of my life logged into dayz if i didnt think it would cause a divorce and probably a couple very neglected young ones.  cant wait till they are old enough to join me in game.

• Like 1

On 01/11/2016 at 7:20 PM, JBURNS489 said:

They are either really, really committed, or are straight up lieing lol. I started playing DayZ in earnest this past February, and i have around 350 hours in game time. I will probably hit somewhere around 500 hours by the end of the year (maybe more depending on .61!), meaning it would take me almost 9 years of playing to get 4,000+ hours lol. I have a full time job, a wife, and a passion for football, which all come before DayZ.

Fell free to check my profile

I also have a wife and full time job

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Edoian/

Edited by edoian

Also to put it into perspective, I used to play WoW (gave it up now) and had about 10 alts. My main had over 250 days played.  Second character had about 100 days.  3rd character had about 80 days etc etc

On 11/1/2016 at 3:32 PM, Mookie (original) said:

A proportion of that is just having the game on in the background [. . .] I think that time still counts as far as Steam's concerned.

This.

• Like 1

I personally don't mind having a few nice places to just because there's nothing going on but that's just me

I have legitimate 1500+ hours between my two accounts but video games are my only hobby, I get enough outside and exercise at work.and can't focus on passive entertainment like TV so I play in the living room so I can interact with my family and watch TV out of the corner of my eye or when my kids play with me they play on the TV so I can see their screen and guide them along. I only sleep maybe six hours a day so I can put in hours gaming like a second job.

On 11/1/2016 at 8:41 PM, FunkInYourTrunk said:

I myself only have a little over 300 hours as i just never have time to get on but i dont find it that surprising that people have 4 or even 5 thousand hours.  just think, u said u have a passion for football.  imagine that was a passion for dayz.  all the hours spent watching games or highlights would be spent playing.  i imagine you probably do at least one fantasy league if its a passion for you in which case that is a massive score of hours you spend on football that could also be spent in game.

Personally i could spend a vast majority of my life logged into dayz if i didnt think it would cause a divorce and probably a couple very neglected young ones.  cant wait till they are old enough to join me in game.

I have a 2 year old and another on the way in January.  I am looking forward to DayZ going into Beta around the time they are old enough to play.