Espa

Three Things YOU Still Want

Hey guys! So DayZ is awesome and improving every day! Let's see what you guys have for your Top 3 Pick features to see still!

Mine are:

• Advanced Movement/Stamina
  • Barricading
  • Realistic Physics of ragdolls and vehicle

(Bonus 4th: Environmental Destruction)

• Like 1

-Spraycan+Ligther flamethrower (Dean Hall said a long time ago that someone had worked on that)

-Skirts (as Chris Torchia said would be coming)

-All kinds of unnecessary stuff like smoking cigarettes, sawing off any gun, eating as many different items as possible (batteries would be cool), injecting any liquid (gasoline)

When i first found out that you could actually extinguish fires with a fire extinguisher or water bottle and that fireplaces extinguished with water got wet and unable to be lit again i was thrilled! :P

Edited by homeschooliazon

Infected, everywhere.

New player controller = Stamina and weight system for players, injured animations... so much more!

Updated audio for everything.

Balanced health, food, and weather exposure system.

New grass and foliage that provides cover from a distance.

Build-able vehicles that perform as expected with minimal desynch.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

New grass and foliage that provides cover from a distance

Don't want to break your heart, but arma3 doesn't even do that after years of developments and upgrades.

30 minutes ago, Camaban said:

Don't want to break your heart, but arma3 doesn't even do that after years of developments and upgrades.

You should check out DayZ's Trello page!

WildGrass.jpg

• Like 2

Badass stuff on the trello! Today's SR was pretty great, even if .61 isn't here >_< 

Sounds like the real meaty and juicy parts are on their way. I supremely hope that they can figure out physics to perform realistically, including the bob and force applied by bullets to a target (Person or otherwise).

After seeing the video with the intense numbers of Infected chasing after Brian, I'm further excited by the idea of Advanced Movement (Climbing over walls, collision as you brush against things and individuals, more forceful martial might) as well as STAMINA! Oh my Godddddd. . All of those Infected and a limited run meter. . Getting caught means death. - This by itself will force players to adopt a teamwork perspective if they want anyyyything of value, or wish to survive at all. Hiding in the forests won't save you, because wolves. 

DayZ is HAPPENING.

• Like 3

100% agree on Barricading 
An official DayZ/BI map other than Chenarus

More customizeable characters.  (Not meaning a face dragger or body slider type of way)

I think it'd be incredible to choose from 50+ different head/face types and with ability to select hair color/facial hair. 

I also like the idea of choosing between 3 body types (small, medium, large)  with their own pro's and cons.  
i.e. Small - faster travel/more stamina but can't carry as much gear without tiring and can't take quite as much damage
Medium - the balanced option
Large -  slower travel/less stamina can carry more weight without slowing travel as much,  can take a little more damage

• Like 2

I would like to see more harvestable natural resources; things like grains for making flour or oatmeal, seeds like mustard or peppercorns for seasonings, herbs for both food and medicine (cannabis, yarrow,)  natural sources of cordage.  Guts should make adequate fishing bait.  
I should be able to make a hoagie, drink home brewed beer and smoke homegrown medicine ate the end of my in-game day to regain health and improve morale.

A morale system, by which having no negative status afflictions will increase the overall health cap, and furthermore could be increased by various creature comforts such as those mentioned above.  This would give players an incentive to actually play the game, rather than recycling half-dead corpses on the coast all day.
The ability to dig-in, set up a camp, collect various resources, and produce certain goods that will give character buffs--that can only be gotten the hard way--will add much-needed layers to this game.  So what if I have 10 times the health of a freshspawn?  I worked hard for it, dammit!

WORKING VEHICLES.  

@NickNasty6  So basically what you want is a class system, rouges, warriors, and tanks.  Gee, sounds great /s

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I would like to see more harvestable natural resources; things like grains for making flour or oatmeal, seeds like mustard or peppercorns for seasonings, herbs for both food and medicine (cannabis, yarrow,)  natural sources of cordage.  Guts should make adequate fishing bait.  
I should be able to make a hoagie, drink home brewed beer and smoke homegrown medicine ate the end of my in-game day to regain health and improve morale.

A morale system, by which having no negative status afflictions will increase the overall health cap, and furthermore could be increased by various creature comforts such as those mentioned above.  This would give players an incentive to actually play the game, rather than recycling half-dead corpses on the coast all day.
The ability to dig-in, set up a camp, collect various resources, and produce certain goods that will give character buffs--that can only be gotten the hard way--will add much-needed layers to this game.  So what if I have 10 times the health of a freshspawn?  I worked hard for it, dammit!

WORKING VEHICLES.  

@NickNasty6  So basically what you want is a class system, rouges, warriors, and tanks.  Gee, sounds great /s

Don't you chastise me, Guy Fieri. 

Edited by NickNasty6
  • Like 1

Birds......was on the docket, but I think its off for the time being. I don't think we ever even got details on what they intended. I would love flocks of small birds, which fly when anyone walk under or through forest, as well as gun shots scattering them. This would add a amazing amount of believable life to the game. :(

• Like 5

Domesticated horses and/or wild ones that can be broken.

Of course, we'll need all the fixins' for riding. Did I mention saddlebags and rifle scabbards?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MaxKragen said:

Domesticated horses and/or wild ones that can be broken.

Of course, we'll need all the fixins' for riding. Did I mention saddlebags and rifle scabbards?

mmmmhhhh.... yummy :)

On 10/25/2016 at 7:13 PM, NickNasty6 said:

Don't you chastise me, Guy Fieri. 

I think you should have left that burn on the heat a bit longer...

1d1w5h.jpg

But seriously though, your suggestion has a major pitfall relating to overall character size.  It's called "Odd Jobbing."  Some players already prefer female avatars for this slight advantage.  Smaller player, smaller target, largely abused.

Hopefully soft skills and character lifetime will see some of your hopes fleshed-out in this area.  If I sit around in a well-stocked camp, farming, cooking and organizing loot, I would expect get a nice paunch to show for it. 

Edited by emuthreat

18 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Some players already prefer female avatars for this slight advantage.  Smaller player, smaller target, largely abused.

No advantage there. Female character is just as tall and the hitboxes are the same.

Thanks @-Gews-.  I've fallen victim to popular misconception. Still don't want to see different character sized added, for the aforementioned reason.

Build Structures i.e "primitive technology channel" on youtube. 

get other upper receivers for the M-16 family, the m-4, the Mk-18(10.3" barrel) and Mk-12(18" barrel)

barbers straight razors(foldable) 

• Like 1

Less loot - definetly less high-end loot

More and more dangerous infected

reworked movment with stamina and less running at all

49 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

I'm afraid without banana holsters DayZ may never reach it's full potential.

• Like 2

- Infected that are threat. When they hit you slow down and you need to engage them.

- Stamina system that's actually pretty hardcore

- Interesting weather conditions that have effect on survival

• Like 1