Espa

Three Things YOU Still Want

Three things? I think that's a little too much to expect from this development team. I want ONE thing, and they have consistently failed to deliver it from the start: zombies that are actually a threat, and a lot of them. The game is called Day Z for Christ's sake. We need zombies. IMO they shouldn't have moved on to designing wolves before getting zombies right. That doesn't make any sense. 

Edited by Solopopo

4 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

Three things? I think that's a little too much to expect from this development team. I want ONE thing, and they have consistently failed to deliver it from the start: zombies that are actually a threat, and a lot of them. The game is called Day Z for Christ's sake. We need zombies. IMO they shouldn't have moved on to designing wolves before getting zombies right. That doesn't make any sense. 

*cough* The 'Z' in DayZ stands for Zero not zombie. As in the day you wake up on the beach, that being you characters 'Day Zero' *cough*

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

*cough* The 'Z' in DayZ stands for Zero not zombie. As in the day you wake up on the beach, that being you characters 'Day Zero' *cough*

I really couldn't care less. I paid for zombies, like everyone else. 

3 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

Ah, that is where you are mistaken. What you paid for was early access to a game that is in development. The devs could just ditch DayZ and it would be in their right to do so. (I'm not saying they will)

Infected will become more of a threat as development continues. For example, I was playing on experimental the other day and I got trapped in a house by about seven Infected I didn't have anything so I tried punching my way out but they kept hitting and with no one to help me I died.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, OliverPlotTwist said:

Yes, that is correct!

14 minutes ago, Solopopo said:

I think you meant to say could not couldn't. There are no zombies in DayZ. They are infected which is different but I get your point all the same. If you don't like it, chime in on my thread here: https://forums.dayz.com/topic/235507-review-dynamic-spawning-of-infected/

Hicks said they can only handle 1,000 which is odd to me.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

1. Boiling water mechanic using pots, empty cans, metal helmets or even plastic water bottles , though slightly toxic, can be used in a pinch...(Bear Grylls never relies on purification tabs).

2. A digital wristwatch with back-light for night time. (Its nice to know when night approaches so i can start making space in my pack for chemlights, batteries etc, and other night time preparations).

3. Barricading system !

3.5 Faster day and night cycle...maybe 2 hours of day then 2 hours of night? I realize many players just log off a server as soon as the sun sets. This may encourage them to stick around and try and survive in the dark...dunno...

Bonus:  That glow in the dark Tritium gas compass in dayZ mod was awesome...I miss it !

1. Slower movement speed/larger distances

2. A lake - like a real lake, not 50 meters to the shore puddles, but 30 kilometers wide and 100 long or something along those lines.

3. I know it's not really the geographical location for it, but still: fells, I want fells or at least a massive mountain area (since the term 'fell' might be a little bit difficult to... determine the exact definition of what it is and what it isn't, there's plenty of mountaineering backpacks and climbing/ice axes laying about so) with snow, sub-zero temperatures and skiis (or at least snow shoes), and altitudes that surpass the tree line.

1. Modding.

2. Mods.

3. A mod. 

• Like 1

1. Proper base building with locks. (As in, adapting to epoch style)

2. Mods

3. Namalsk

On 10/25/2016 at 10:01 AM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Infected, everywhere.

New player controller = Stamina and weight system for players, injured animations... so much more!

Updated audio for everything.

Balanced health, food, and weather exposure system.

New grass and foliage that provides cover from a distance.

Build-able vehicles that perform as expected with minimal desynch.

I agree on all accounts sir.

As for my three wishes they are:

1) A low magnification illuminated dot sight and mount for the AK 74su

2) All military rifles should have both semi - automatic and full auto capability. 

3) Allow players to climb/vault over chain link fences and low walls like the infected can with the possibility of damaging your clothing.

Note: if your clothing is damaged while negotiating a chain link fence with barbed wire across the top the damage should be if it occures.

Pristine drops to Worn

Worn  drops to Damaged

Damaged drops to Badly Damaged

Badly Damaged drops to Ruined 

- Base Building

I really hope when they introduce this it is done in a way that encourages players to build bases that aren't just boxes or ugly and that don't sit well with the environment (think arma 3 overpoch exile). At the same time I really hope that the base building is in depth and takes time and really gives players something to work towards. There are so many new possibilities that come with base building.

- Base Raiding 

I really hope this gets done right too as it's most likely to be the main end-game activity for most players. I know Dayz is built on realism but I hope that they do also consider the fun aspect of base raiding. If you've spent weeks building a wood base I hope that other players can't just chop through it with an axe. Taking note from mods like Exile for Arma 3 where you need specific charges depending on the wall / door material you are trying to breach. Balancing base raiding is super important, it needs to be challenging and risky and hard for players to do but at the same time rewarding enough to make it worthwhile.

- Progression System / In-depth Crafting

The two kind of go hand in hand. Progress to craft and craft to progress. One of Dayz's current issues is there isn't a great deal to do. I know a bit part of the game is making your own progression and challenges and I love that, but having some sort of progression system that gives you a bit of character development gives us all something to work towards. It makes the experience very rewarding as well. As you craft better items you progress more and you can then craft better things. Fairly standard survival but Dayz has the foundations in place to get this so right compared to many other survival games. I just hope the progression system and crafting system get there.

Edited by Caatalyst
  • Like 2

On 10/25/2016 at 11:39 AM, Espa said:

Hey guys! So DayZ is awesome and improving every day! Let's see what you guys have for your Top 3 Pick features to see still!

Mine are:

• Advanced Movement/Stamina
  • Barricading
  • Realistic Physics of ragdolls and vehicle

(Bonus 4th: Environmental Destruction)

Still looking for all this , and : 

• base bullding 

• advanced vehicles 

• soft skills 

• birds 

• advanced cooking 

• advanced crafting 

I hope they can get this next major patch up and running in the next six months (preferably sooner) but as of right now all I can get enjoyment from is pvp , as I've already done everything there is to do 1,000 times over pve wise , so I unfortunately am in a spot of not desiring to play the game at all - due to its dream not being realized in time for me to "burn out" so to speak ... so I can't wait for .62 maybe it will provide a fresh dayz but so far from the devs words it looks like it won't be a whole lot different , oh well time to wait for the long run .63 style .

• Like 1

I still want them weed bags.  Last time I was in Cherno, at like 3am, there was this baby out on the street corner... it his diaper.  I was like "Yo, baby, what are you doing out here in the middle of the night?"  He turned to me and said "Leave me alone, I'm selling weed!"  Thats when I knew the apocalypse had really begun.

These look like premature sativa/haze buds.   Someone pulled them too early.  If you tried to sell me buds with that much stem attached (bottom two), then I'm going to need a bag thats overweight.

Cannabis_Buds.png

Man, someone needs lessons in proper pruning to encourage flowering.  Just leaving your plant like this is no good.   Between that and harvesting too soon, no wonder those buds above look like amateur hour.

CannabisPlant_Leaked1.png?version=1b6f5a

Thankfully, these are non-feminized so we'll be able to continue the lineage. Just remember to yank those males out the garden unless you're doing a seed run.

CannabisSeeds.png

Actual Death Star strain info:

Death Star is the potent cross of Sensi Star and Sour Diesel and has the shared sativa and indica effects of its parents. It has a mixed taste that combines sweet, skunk, and fuel aromas into a very potent fragrance that isn’t easy to hide. This strain may not have the ability to destroy planets, but it does have quite the powerful buzz. Effects can be slow to onset, but once they do, Death Star takes away all cares and replaces them with a state of relaxed euphoria. Great for daytime or nighttime use, this Ohio native now has fans throughout the galaxy.

If you wanted to actually be pedantic about this, the buds shown above are not really representative of a Death Star kind of grow.

I'd also love to see some moldy buds, for those times where other types of plants have a problem and you find those bugs on them.  You can't pull mold off buds like bugs off a tomato plant, so this would be evidence of a failed crop, and time to start over.

Edited by klesh
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, klesh said:

-Snip-

For as much work you put into that presentation, I am definitely all in to see this in the game haha.

Chernarussian Death Star sounds hilarious, also xD 

• Like 1

Just now, Espa said:

For as much work you put into that presentation, I am definitely all in to see this in the game haha.

I feel like the Gews of Herb, lol.

Hey, baby!

• Like 2

1. Weeeeeed an wild color view

Purple Rain

2. 0.62 .....

3. 0.63 .... 

The order may start at 2. Then 3 and last 1.

1. Fluent animations and their transition (new player controller).
2. Lag, desync and latency.
3. Fixed collision, as in - guns dont stick through surfaces, cant walk through foliage as if it is not there, cant glitch through walls and get stuck under a building.

Overall though - roleplaying material. Animations like smoking, cleaning gun or widdling a piece of wood with your knife. Chairs we can sit on, sinks we can turn on, beds we can lay in. Immersion, which seems like a dirty swear word these days, but above all i want my Day-z immersion feeling back.

• Like 1