Espa

Three Things YOU Still Want

37 minutes ago, St. Jimmy said:

- Interesting weather conditions that have effect on survival

Just think of Chernarus in winter where all ponds and pumps are frozen  and you have to melt snow at a fire for water (and your canteens freezing on your way to the next town).

• Like 1

Frozen ponds ? Finally use for the ice axes. 

Edit:

in the winter:

Vegetable cultivation is only possible in the greenhouses and reduced harvest, but more chance animals to hunt ... trap animals .. Ice fishing sounds nevertheless after challenge.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

Winter map

UI-Controls-movement smooth feeling and not arma clunky

and most of all some end game stuff.

it would be awesome to have shirts and jackets be different layers then i could wear my poncho over a shirt and not have to choose between nakedness and water resistance, the term is outer wear. bracelets, necklace, belts. imagine if you could have a tool belt or hip holster  having a fanny pack around your waist (3 horizontal slots) tucking your pistol in your belt for a quick but insecure storage. if you could tie your compass to a string and wear it around your neck or a chemlight . imagine taking the rope and making a cobra knot bracelet(survival bracelet) breaking out of cuff resulting in the cuff being stuck to one wrist. having dog tags with your blood type (found and picked up) having a wrist watch (with built in compass). it may be too late to implement this stuff or may not even be feasible even early on. but that would make the game better. plain shirts could be nerfed so that they dont need to compete with jackets more shirts with just two or 3 slots. 

Gore

Smooth, awesome Zombie AI that's actually a threat

Clunkyness to be entirely gone (new player controller is something I can not wait for)

On 10/25/2016 at 8:43 PM, emuthreat said:

A morale system, by which having no negative status afflictions will increase the overall health cap, and furthermore could be increased by various creature comforts such as those mentioned above.  This would give players an incentive to actually play the game, rather than recycling half-dead corpses on the coast all day.

No man.  Something like this would ruin DayZ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

Would you care to elaborate?  I think that having a system that incentivized long-term survival and rewarded advanced crafting knowledge would be a good way to diversify player movement and behavior.  I can't really think of any drawbacks, as anybody would have equal opportunity to seek these buffs.

Are you sure it would "ruin DayZ"?  Or would it just make a number of people modify their playstyle?
If it would ruin things by making it more difficult for someone who just washed up on the beach to cold-cock a well-geared and well-fed veteran survivor, then I think we just won't see eye-to-eye on this.
Think about it; everybody starts out equal, but players who choose the more time consuming path to long-term survival would be rewarded with higher likelihood for survival.

And yes, it would act to force bambis off the coast at first, as they would have a snowballs chance in hell of winning any kind of engagement with longer surviving, more healthy toons.  But that doesn't seem like a bad thing to me.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

I would agree, with him. Not a bad idea (moral), but my opinion is that DayZ is not really that complicated down deep. Its about skill and wits. Grinding for buffs and un-evening the players would take away the emphasis on skill and wits. You survive because your thinking quickly (wits) and following through with skill, not because of health caps.

It's easy to forget this since we've been playing an alpha with no reason to be skilled or think for except for pvp.

Edited by Coheed_IV
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Coheed_IV said:

I would agree, with him. Not a bad idea (moral), but my opinion is that DayZ is not really that complicated down deep. Its about skill and wits. Grinding for buffs and un-evening the players would take away the emphasis on skill and wits. You survive because your thinking quickly (wits) and following through with skill, not because of health caps.

It's easy to forget this since we've been playing an alpha with no reason to be skilled or think for except for pvp.

Can't agree enough. To me part of what makes DayZ unique is that all players, from full gear survivor to freshie, are on an even playing field. There's no perk to help your aim get more steady, you must steady your aim. There's no perk to make footsteps sound louder, you must listen. This also applies to morale... The morale of the person playing is very much part of how they play, and I don't think this can be simulated. A player who is scared will be shaking, a player who just watched his friends get mowed down might be more likely to bum rush in rage (or run away), so on so forth. 

- Advanced movement. I'd love to see my character run into someone and their shoulder kick back in response or for them to jump over things fluidly or maybe even clumsily trip here or there. It'd suck in combat, though. 

- Character Customization. A few more options would be nice, even if it's just picking out a general face shape and hair color. 

- I'm on the fence about implementing character interactions and more gestures. I don't think they've said much about interactions before (idk, they could have, I didn't research) but part of me thinks it'd be cool to have different interactive interactions (example: hugging, shoving, simple motions, etc.) but the other part of me sees that DayZ's player interaction level is working where it's at so I don't know. 

• Like 1

-İnfected wont glitch through walls and wont push you into walls
-Able to pee and poo
-Road flare, chemlight wont make you totally blind.

I want the possibility of opening your own burdel and kidnap other characters and make them work there :D

3 things... hmmm. Well... 

- Realistic potential damage to hands when punching things like gorka helmets. 

- Ability to craft targets out of hay bails, paper and pens for arrows, guns, axes, knives...

- A way to tell outside temperature.  

- Too many infected. Infected that are a real threat. At least one INSANE horde roaming around the map ( at least 200 zeds), and some smaller ones at random (like out in a forest)

- Ability to craft a supressor out of an oil filter + tape + wiring. Could be used on a bolt action for 5 or so shots and could be spray painted.

- Taviana map! reworked like Chernarus + and a uh1y with door guns! Take all of my money.

A decent melee system

A more userfriendly player controller (e.g. Compass Hotkey)

The Walking Dead like zombies (but I think custom server mods will fix this)

On 11/7/2016 at 10:13 AM, dddreck said:

A decent melee system

A more userfriendly player controller (e.g. Compass Hotkey)

The Walking Dead like zombies (but I think custom server mods will fix this)

Don't expect the zombies "the walking dead thing" until we see how much the engine can handle.

Arma 3 engine couldn't handle more then 30 without killing the experiences on full pop server.

Sandboxes are very difficult to program and if dayz has a hard time doing it now, don't expect many modders to do any better. But your wishes may come true with maybe the next title from BI.

1000 zombies all chasing you, is rather taxing on the system if currently impossible.

This is my list (more detailed if you click on link)

• Bicycles (CONFIRMED)
  • Stamina (CONFIRMED)
  • Chance to be sick after zombie hit
  • Pitch black nights
  • Barricading (small/medium/large padlock) (CONFIRMED)
  • Mix of slow and fast zombies
  • Broadcast station (CONFIRMED)
  • Notes that can be placed on a wall with a knife/duct tape
  • Chance to drag body
  • Sleeping (click for more details)
  • Spray paint / Tagging walls and surfaces (save us yea...not safe)
  • Character customization
  • Base building (CONFIRMED)
  • Bears, wolves (CONFIRMED) ...
  • Backpacks opening animation
  • Mute someone (writing/speaking) with duct tape or rope)
  • Megaphones (CONFIRMED)
  • ID cards
  • Corpse decay
  • Blood trails
  • Diary
  • A whistle (or as an item)
  • Audio tapes (EXP 1 | EXP 2)
  • Sedative darts (CONFIRMED)
  • Electric shoks that can make people unfit for action (CONFIRMED)
  • Military Case
  • Visible injuries (CONFIRMED))
  • Beards (CONFIRMED)
  • Moveable ladders
  • Knocking on doors
  • Option to sit on bench
  • Possiblity to handcuff yourself
  • A watch (item) indicating the current time
  • Ringing the church bell
  • Seasons
  • Faking death
  • More cars, less gas
  • Helmet, glass obstruct vision (EXP 1 | EXP 2)
  • Servers which ban you for 24 hours after dying, making players more cautious and making banditry risky
  • In game Calender on which you can write something
  • In game Maps
  • Slings and ropes
  • Helicopters (CONFIRMED)
  • Containers
  • Dirt system
  • Option to hang bodies
  • Dynamic helicrashes that actually fly and then go down
  • Lootable zombies (CONFIRMED)
  • VOIP (whisper/normal/loud)
  • When you are hungry or tirsty you cannot sprint
  • Items degrade over use and need to be repaired and maintained
  • Movement Inertia for more realistic movement. That way players couldn't stop or turn on a dime.
  • More/improved affects/shaders from player damage or status, blurry vision

Some of this things could appear in Dayz 2 :D

Edited by kevo1414

1 - Improved lighting system. Building interiors should be darker even during the day, some place without windows are still lit up.

2 - Persistent dead bodies. Decaying over time with the ability to determine cause of death.

3 - Wounded animations.

Edited by azimov

On 9.11.2016 at 4:40 PM, sneakydude said:

Don't expect the zombies "the walking dead thing" until we see how much the engine can handle.

Arma 3 engine couldn't handle more then 30 without killing the experiences on full pop server.

Sandboxes are very difficult to program and if dayz has a hard time doing it now, don't expect many modders to do any better. But your wishes may come true with maybe the next title from BI.

1000 zombies all chasing you, is rather taxing on the system if currently impossible.

By Walking Dead like zombies I didn't mean to increse the number of them, what I would really like to see are zombies who can't sprint (jogging is ok though), and can only killed by headshots. Bodyhits should only cripple them. I know that BI has a different approch by calling them infected, but for me and I guess many others, the classic conception of a zombie, would be much more tempting.

The number of appearence of the infected looks pretty nice for what I've seen in 0.61.

btw: What next title of BI are you refering to, or was it just speculation?

Edited by dddreck

How about some actual difficulty? A new map? A reason to log significant amounts of time into the game?

How about a sense of survival? This game still feels, at its core, exactly the same as it has since initial development. I'd love to be challenged by the environment. It's one of the main reasons why I just fight everyone I encounter. Why bother teaming up? Against what? Boredom?

Give me a new area to explore. Make me want to invest huge amounts of time to accomplish seemingly mundane tasks.

Fucking challenge me. 

#inb4banforspeakingmymind

1. Double or triplesized map

2. 1PP visiual effects of helmets visors and sunglasses.

3. seasons (summer/fall/winter/spring)

(an old vid)

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka
  • Like 1