Sign in to follow this  
xSatly1

Tents Stay Persistent for How Long?

So Barrels disappear after 8 days in .60 as of now if they are not reset.

How long do Military Tents take to disappear as of now  if they are not used?

Any information would be appreciated.

Last i heard it ws 45 days because of an issue with resetting the timer when moving gear inside a tent

What do you mean that barrels despawn after 8 without being reset?  I thought they were configured to refresh the decay timer anytime you interacted with the inventory.  Are you sure you didn't just forget to interact with it?

12 hours ago, xSatly1 said:

So Barrels disappear after 8 days in .60 as of now if they are not reset.

How long do Military Tents take to disappear as of now  if they are not used?

Any information would be appreciated.

The last official statement by Brian Hicks was, that Barrels disappear after 8 days and tents (I think this goes for all types of tents) after 45 days without interaction where interaction means adding/removing items rearrange items within. That being said, there currently is a bug in the game (0.60) that the timer for tents is not reset when interacting with it, only when the tent is pitched. So in order to reset the timer of the tent you currently need to empty it, pack it and re-pitch it before the 45 days are over.

In that case, I may be about to have a Very Big Problem. Is that true? Can we have a source for that please?

Only Red Ensign's public stash must have been around for longer than that. He's not currently playing. I interact with it, but have never emptied or re-pitched the tents...

Yes @Mookie (original) the 45 day decay timer is only reset went the tent is packed up and re-pitched.  This was the main reason my core group abandoned .60 earlier this year, it was just too much stuff to move, and didn't seem worth it with vehicles broken.

I recommend getting a new military tent and an extra mountain backpack to hold in your hands, and you can make pretty short work of resetting a relatively small camp.  If you keep the empty backpack on your back, you can just double-click all the items, put full bag in hands, and repeat.  It saves a lot of time.

13 hours ago, Mookie (original) said:

In that case, I may be about to have a Very Big Problem. Is that true? Can we have a source for that please?

You can check the thread:

Official -> Developer Discussion & Status Reports -> Status Report - 06 Jul 2016

On the first page, scroll down a little there are some posts (dated July 7th) by Hicks_206 regarding despawn of barrels, tents and other items.