Sign in to follow this  
zombieland78

Anyone else felt/noticed that their content gets automatically deleted on reddit?

I make no bones about being vocal when it comes to my opinions on reddit. I get a deluge of downvotes the minute I step 1mm out of line.

But recently, after some very simple posts or some carefully thought out/worded posts, they haven't had so much as a flicker of response. Even something simple like asking if there'll be any boats in SA, which I posted twice. Not even a sarcastic teenage put-down.

So I created a new account and pasted the URL of a previous post from my original account and it says [content deleted]. For all my recent posts. And I swear the content isn't questionable or controversial. 

This is not reddit.  Why do you think anyone here can fix it?

3 hours ago, emuthreat said:

This is not reddit.  Why do you think anyone here can fix it?

I don't think it's necessarily about fixing it, I think he just wants to know if other people have experienced this.

I don't really use Reddit so I don't know if the mods here are the same as on Reddit. There will be boats, by the way. Not sure exactly what kind of boats, but I'm pretty certain there'll be boats.

Not me personally, but I have seen topics disappear. The most recent "disappeared" topic was this one: https://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/56jh64/old_post_but_lets_make_the_ppsh41_happen/

Topic was hidden despite it spending a good while sitting near the top of the DayZ sub with 46 upvotes (85%). You can search for it and no results will appear.

Why? Who knows. If you look at their rules...

"Put all suggestions in the weekly "Community Workbench" threads."

Yet they no longer do the "Community Workbench", and haven't for many months. How about...

Memes and other wasteful content

Who knows.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zombieland78 said:

see, something inane like this. I don't even get that. 

I wouldn't really call it inane; concise, perhaps a bit terse, but it was accurate and in good faith.  Didn't mean to offend you.  Hell, I even asked for more information.  I learned nothing new about your perdicament.

If you want to try posting your topic here, that you couldn't get to work on reddit, people here might be interested in that discussion.  How about giving that a go.

Last I heard, Reddit has some hardcore collectivist moderators, but not necessarily from anything like a reputable source. I don't use it much myself, so I can't really comment, just offer up food for thought. Incidentally, anytime you find yourself saying something like, "I get a deluge of downvotes the minute I step 1mm out of line," you've got to consider that most people don't feel the need to make a protestation of innocence when complaining about repression. The innocence is just conversationally assumed. Maybe you're stepping more than a millimetre out of line? Maybe they're collectivist assholes who are just keeping you down? Maybe your roommate figured out your Reddit password and is pulling a prank on you? Who knows?

We don't.

There's something called shadow banning, which is when only you can see the content you post on reddit.

People get shadow banned for various reasons, but basically it's done to trick people into thinking they are able to post so that they don't realize they are banned and make a new account.

Check out a direct link to one of your posts from a different IP address and while not logged in. If you cannot see your posts while logged out, then you're shadowbanned. If so, contact administrators of the sub-reddit and appeal the ban.

Additionally, you might just be breaking the sub-reddit rules and are having your content deleted.Making a thread to ask if there will be boats is lazy and if everyone made such threads the place would be insanely cluttered.

Edited by FlimFlamm