scarecrow382

Basic Hygiene

Id like to suggest some form of player hygiene. This could be tied in with soft skills or forms of player lifespan recognition. There could be many new animations and items added to the game like dental care items, wash rags, and soap. The player might be able to go to a pond and wash his face or stand in it to bathe.  You might need to clean clothes to ward off various filth diseases.  Low hygiene ratings might mean that a minor scratch has a high chance to become infected and turn fatal. If they plan to have player happiness or mental health then player cleanliness could directly effect how these change.  If they decide to tie it in with looks like beards and scars etc.. Then a fresh-spawn might look clean while a grizzly lonesome woods hermit might be covered in thick dirt and blood, teeth rotting out. Notifications might read "I smell" "im itchy" "someone stinks" "Someone smells rancid" "im covered in filth". Players might be able to contruct simple showers or baths at base. Could also tie in with infected zones somehow.

Edited by scarecrow382
Spelling grammar extension

On 2016-10-12 at 2:53 AM, scarecrow382 said:

Id like to suggest some form of player hygiene. This could be tied in with soft skills or forms of player lifespan recognition. There could be many new animations and items added to the game like dental care items, wash rags, and soap. The player might be able to go to a pond and wash his face or stand in it to bathe.  You might need to clean clothes to ward off various filth diseases.  Low hygiene ratings might mean that a minor scratch has a high chance to become infected and turn fatal. If they plan to have player happiness or mental health then player cleanliness could directly effect how these change.  If they decide to tie it in with looks like beards and scars etc.. Then a fresh-spawn might look clean while a grizzly lonesome woods hermit might be covered in thick dirt and blood, teeth rotting out. Notifications might read "I smell" "im itchy" "someone stinks" "Someone smells rancid" "im covered in filth". Players might be able to contruct simple showers or baths at base. Could also tie in with infected zones somehow.

I both agree, and disagree with this one.
Thinking about how people want to play their characters, if someone wants to look dirty, they cant because they have higher chances of getting infected etc.
It could work if "to clean" would result in getting sick easier aswell. So you had to balance everything of being somewhere in between.
I still prioratize loads of other things in DayZ now, but would be nice as a final release-thing :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, firsk said:

I both agree, and disagree with this one.
Thinking about how people want to play their characters, if someone wants to look dirty, they cant because they have higher chances of getting infected etc.
It could work if "to clean" would result in getting sick easier aswell. So you had to balance everything of being somewhere in between.
I still prioratize loads of other things in DayZ now, but would be nice as a final release-thing :) 

There are many good ideas in the suggestions. But I'm hoping that some will not be just unchanging in the final version. Some things that increase the realism, but also destroy conscious play-styles. Which is good for PVP can have a negative impact on Roleplay and vice versa. Realism and difficulty is definitely good to think about, so many different play-styles can be preserved, or easily adapted without having to create a mod.

yes to this...characters should be able to wash hands.
washing hands sometimes could prevent you to get examble Nephropathia epidemica and norovirus
i have suffered norovirus and really,,,,its bad...rather i would be eaten by the zombies than have noro.