Hanz

Double Carry Primary weapons

Currently in Dayz the character is capable of carrying a long rifle such as a Winchester one the left shoulder and a long melee weapon such as the fire axe on the right shoulder. I think instead of being classed as a rifle slot on the left shoulder and a melee slot on the right, it should have on each shoulder a long weapon slot allowing characters to carry two rifles, two melee weapons or one of each as it is currently. This will benefit so many players that only carry melee weapons because nothing else will take up that slot and also all of the players that "double carry" (weapon on shoulder and weapon in hand). By simply giving us this option it makes the game vastly more immersive as realistically a hatchet in the rucksack, a long range rifle and short range rifle is the ideal equipment.

Even if the melee slot stayed as a melee slot at spawn, but you could convert it to a long weapon slot by creating a sling out of rope/rags/burlap/leather strips would be perfect as that too is what you would need in reality.

Let me know what you think of this idea as I've thought of it for so long and wondered why its never been implemented or mentioned.

• Like 3

I can stick a machete in my scapula but don't have the guts to shoulder another rifle?

I agree, would like to see it just like you described, with any necessary tweaks due to bugs.

I don't really like the slot system, but I think allowing "double carry" (triple carry?) would just make it worse. Yeah, it makes sense you could carry a rifle where you could carry an axe... but it doesn't make sense you can carry an axe there in the first place, and having every player running around with two long guns on his back would be pretty silly (unless they are in the process of transporting extra guns to their camp or base).

Ideally players would be able to carry multiple rifles, but the drawbacks (weight, awkwardness, etc) would result in few people choosing to do so. As of now there are no such drawbacks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, -Gews- said:

I don't really like the slot system, but I think allowing "double carry" (triple carry?) would just make it worse. Yeah, it makes sense you could carry a rifle where you could carry an axe... but it doesn't make sense you can carry an axe there in the first place, and having every player running around with two long guns on his back would be pretty silly (unless they are in the process of transporting extra guns to their camp or base).

Ideally players would be able to carry multiple rifles, but the drawbacks (weight, awkwardness, etc) would result in few people choosing to do so. As of now there are no such drawbacks.

'having every player running around with two long guns on his back would be pretty silly' CQB weapon on the left LR weapon on the right shoulder... <- kinda kills your argument right here and now..

I agree... the axe (which is attached to nothing, because it has no strap) does look kinda weird just floating there (cause thats what it basically does IRL) 

but having 2 primary guns on you back... why would that not be logic?
and having a M4 on your back and an MP5 in/rak your backpack is? those are also 'primary' weapons.. so once again... your argument is kinda invalid if you ask me 'logics' wise..

3 hours ago, MaxKragen said:

The point is...'choices'.

When was the last time you had too many? 

everyone has 'too many' guns in dayz the moment you pick up an M4 with 700 rnds of 5.56 (which your never going to use) 
because if you need an entire clip *30/60 rnds* to bring down a player.. then you can't hit the broad side of a barn and shouldn't be holding a gun to begin with xD

I've heard this before wanting to carry 2 primaries. I'm all for someone loading themselves with guns, but there needs to be stamina involved and weight needs to be related to that mechanic much like the long dark. In the long dark it makes you use more calories slows you a little as well so you're drinking more and eating more as a result of carrying everything.  I think it could be balanced you carry everything but the kitchen sink you're gonna use more fuel and be a little slower be it guns,food,tools etc. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, -Gews- said:

.... but it doesn't make sense you can carry an axe there in the first place, ...

...and it looks strange without a backpack. Maybe this slot should only be aviable with a backpack.

4 hours ago, NoCheats said:

...and it looks strange without a backpack. Maybe this slot should only be aviable with a backpack.

This is why I think the sling idea would work well because it can be implemented on melee weapons as well.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, veshcula said:

CQB weapon on the left LR weapon on the right shoulder... <- kinda kills your argument right here and now..

How? Read the comment again:

"Ideally players would be able to carry multiple rifles"

but having 2 primary guns on you back... why would that not be logic?

Why only two?

and having a M4 on your back and an MP5 in/rak your backpack is? those are also 'primary' weapons.. so once again... your argument is kinda invalid if you ask me 'logics' wise..

I don't like the way the backpacks work either (instant access) but they still make more sense than the back slots.

I'd say, instead of carrying extra rifles in the melee-slot (noone in real life jogs around with 2 rifles or more and a backpack on their back),
why not make a rifle-bag? Like the tents, you can have it on your back to carry more than 2 rifles (instead of backpack or on place for rifle on back) or carry it in hands!
Makes no sence running around with a rifle in your hand, and 2 more on your back while running with a fully loaded backpack!

Edited by firsk