Sign in to follow this  
☣BioHaze☣

Basebuilding Watchtowers preview added to Trello

I've taken to following Trello as the pictures there allow my imagination to extrapolate on the possibilities that future builds may offer.

Basebuilding is not something I am particularly drawn to but I do believe it offers massive nearly endless game play possibilities for groups.

wt1.png

wt2.png

Why would the netting block 2 sides on the highest level...?

There you go, the first look at base building assets in a very long time.

With all this wood.... we better get Molotov cocktails!

• Like 5

2 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Basebuilding is not something I am particularly drawn to...

You will be when 150 zeds wants to rape you! :)

Hell yes! Base-building is basically one of the main game features that the devs have been working toward for nigh on three years now!

We're finally about to surpass the overall set of features we had available on the old DayZ mod! There is endless potential for this game!

Edited by FlimFlamm
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Why would the netting block 2 sides on the highest level...?

So you can look out through the net but are less visible yourself for snipers.

• Like 1

It looks great - that`s the main reason why I bought dayz - BASE BUILDING in a sandbox game - zombie survival, and Frankieonpc1080 enjoy it too  so my taste is up to a good standard. ;)

You need to board the zombies out - it should be a horde of them roaming the streets, and less about player vs player even though players are a lot more smarter than zombie AI,

but most understand my reasoning. Zombies need to be a good threat - they should react instantly to sounds or weapon sounds, and dev. team doing a good job of that. ))

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, nl said:

But you cannot fire through the netting, right?

So it's no good for sniping from that level....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

So it's no good for sniping from that level....

knowing dayz.... netting is line concrete walls... so static... thus you can't shoot through them.. 

7 hours ago, nl said:

so just to get this straight... for my comfort and state of mind... 

Snipers can't see you that well.. but you can see ALL the snipers up in the trees... hmmhmmm (doubt it) 

plus the fact that this netting isn't something (in all logic of dayz) something you can just 'remove or raise up' through scroll command..
thus making it a static object (for all we know right now) so WHAT logic does this tower give you advantage wise... 

it should give you a high-point overview advantage for people 'on the ground' 

but thats about it.. there's always a chance (if you're up in a tower) you get shot in the head by a sniper when that tower is out in the open surrounded by woods...
but my best guess? these towers are behind walls.. and their IN the woods.. so a sniper can't just 'take aim and fire' a bit more strategy might be involved here...

what would make this tower better?

sheet metal with small openigs on the first floor (or netting) and the same on the top floor... netting for the sides but not the front/back of the tower.

IMO these kinds of towers take up way too much space ... why not make a similar type of tower that we already have around mil bases? straight stairs.. 1 person towers. take up a LOT less space and are easier to conceal
just saying  

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I didn't take into account the netting would be bulletproof, I just answered why in theory the netting would be there.

1 hour ago, veshcula said:

so just to get this straight... for my comfort and state of mind... 

Snipers can't see you that well.. but you can see ALL the snipers up in the trees... hmmhmmm (doubt it) 

Well you may have experienced in real life that when you are close to netting or something perforated you can see through it pretty good, it's just your eyes that need some holes to look through, your focal point will be farther away. From a greater distance however your silhouette will be camouflaged and low light (shadow) in the tower will largely conceal you and your movement.

• Like 1

I wouldn't build that tower myself. Nothing pictured is at all bullet resistant. It would be turned into Swiss cheese.

• Like 2

I wonder if it will be like the game wurm maybe not as hardcore but it would be nice if it isn't as easy as the epoch mod. And as an above poster stated I imagine one would get shot all to hell. I imagine the winchester will make short work of the poor bastard that's the lookout. Hopefully we can upgrade it with steel plates or something more bullet resistant. And as for molotovs I imagine when the RPG gets added the scene from walking dead comes to mind where martinez hits the watchtower with the grenade launcher except a rocket in our case who knows maybe the nade launcher will come as well.

Edited by gannon46
adding more to post

4 hours ago, -Gews- said:

I wouldn't build that tower myself. Nothing pictured is at all bullet resistant. It would be turned into Swiss cheese.

Stack up some sandbags around the inside perimeter of each tower "floor"?

To be entirely honest, that looks like something I would build as a base in and of itself, not just a single repeating watchtower.

The new player controller, the impact and the whole characteristics of the materials to be revised. So it will probably not be comparable as it is now. Therefore, to discuss the meaning and manifestations probably futile.

Anyone familiar with the map as his pocket who knows exactly where what, may be the possibility to base building corrupts the map but dynamically .... want to be called which is nothing today can tomorrow lurking danger. Then it means your eyes and pay attention, then lurk everywhere danger, either they are infected, predators or even players.

I hope for a more individual basebuilding style! I want to design my own tower with nettings sandbags, woodpiles metalsheets, poles etc. One two or three stages. I hope they implement some different tiles you can stick together.

79H7bR1.jpg

More like exile but with much more variety in style and size. Metalsheet tiles in 1x1, 1x2, 2x2. Different styles of woodpiles etc, barbed wire, junk wall...

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

Stack up some sandbags around the inside perimeter of each tower "floor"?

To be entirely honest, that looks like something I would build as a base in and of itself, not just a single repeating watchtower.

They could place sandbags there, but that flimsy tower would collapse under their weight. If we said 40 lbs per bag, 50 bags per wall, and 6 walls to cover = 12,000 lbs.

11 hours ago, -Gews- said:

They could place sandbags there, but that flimsy tower would collapse under their weight. If we said 40 lbs per bag, 50 bags per wall, and 6 walls to cover = 12,000 lbs.

True, not enough crossbracing. 

Add some X-shaped supports to each wall segment, going from corner to corner, and making the 4 corner poles slant slightly outward would help.

It doesn't look like the boards for each floor are supported by anything, either.

1/10, you don't get your Pioneering Merit Badge, Art Team

On 10/2/2016 at 3:21 PM, imunone said:

I hope for a more individual basebuilding style! I want to design my own tower with nettings sandbags, woodpiles metalsheets, poles etc. One two or three stages. I hope they implement some different tiles you can stick together.

79H7bR1.jpg

More like exile but with much more variety in style and size. Metalsheet tiles in 1x1, 1x2, 2x2. Different styles of woodpiles etc, barbed wire, junk wall...

Cool looking exile base build. Just wood gets you in trouble :(