Sign in to follow this  
exwoll

Looking for Balanced Hardcore RP server

Hello survivors!

I'm looking for a hardcore or/and rp server with:

• Good professional/competent admins (threating fairly everyone according their own rules, and not going into a ban rampage when something goes wrong in their RL or they just dislike someone)
  • 1pp
  • US based preferably 
  • TS not allowed (preferably)
  • Realistic KOS rules (context dictates killings) that stop PVP-only players from KOSng without reason but let the game keep the danger of some encounters. I believe KOS is relatively realistic in some contexts/situations, and don't want an apocalypse themed Second Life.
  • Permadeath (optional). It reduces KOS and YOLOs
  • Day/Night cycles 
  • RP isn't limited to your character first description, and for example a doctor can evolve into a crazy farmer, etc
  • High pop-up (don't like playing on half full/empty servers)
  • Mature player base (in terms of behavior mostly, I think there are lots of adequate 15-18yo players out there too)
  • Whitelisted

As for now I'm playing in DUG, but I find that they at first glance nice pov towards KOS, is way too open and allow a good number of PVP-only players that just roam the map KOS in a CS way + they allow TS and their application review process  just a black box.

I heard about AsylumRP, their site looks cool, they don't allow TS. But for the little info I managed to get from other players, they say that admins are REALLY against any violence/KOS and you can get banned even for killing in concordance with their rules (in context/rp, in self defense, etc). If anyone can give me more info about this server I would gladly change of mind. But as for today I had the impression that there is a lot of abuse of power there.

DayZRP also seems nice, they allow TS tho. Don't have any other info regarding that one.

Is there any other server that I could take in count to play? :) I would be grateful for any information!

Thanks in advance, and stay safe!

Edited by exwoll

dayzrp is good if you want what you stated. KOS on there is almost non existent though you can gain kill rights under certain circumstances. Only gripe I have about their community is some of the members can be rather pretentious but that's with any gaming community. It's mainly group oriented with large groups running the show and I imagine that to as well be an authentic scenario as well. Most of the action/player interaction happens in what they call the triangle which is zen,NWAF vybor region. I haven't been robbed myself as I do not wear mil-spec stuff or carry mil weapons and if you do you should be prepared to get robbed a lot. Some groups like to do torture I don't care for that I can't see myself RP'n in that scenario so I avoid it if i can. there are folks on there that just want to PVP and regardless of what some of them might say there is a lot of rule play as most folks you run into will try and bait you into conflicts it's easy to get out of those situations though if that's not your thing. there application process can be rather long it took me a few days to get in which is not problem as I can see they are trying to get folks that want to RP. One thing I like about the server is there is no protection of camps and no safe zones. check it out it might be what you are looking for there are a lot of different kinds of folks from action oriented to peaceful wanderers. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the reply! 

How would killing rights work in the following situations?

• I'm looting a town, encounter a guy in a house. Engage in communication, tell him that i'm friendly and ask him to come out of the house without weapons in hands. He comes out with his weapon/takes it out while we are talking. As a lone wolf this means that he gonna shoot me with a high degree of certainty, and I will have to shoot him as a self defense purpose as soon as I notice the weapon out. (I saw on your rules that if someone doesn't obey a command, he can be killed. Also how does that "take out weapon by mistake" thing works? because I've been shot several times by people saying that just before killing me).
  • I'm running around a town, and see a couple of cannibals that just killed (or are playing weird stuff with him) a guy. They outnumber me, have better gear, but didn't noticed I'm there. In DUG I would just shot them because if I move they'll notice me, and I will not just stay there 20min waiting for them to eat the guy. Does this go against KOS rules ?.
  • I'm in the forest, and hear shots. There are some factions in warfare around me. Confusion everywhere, I can get shot by anyone there. If someone spots me and I spot him, in a normal situation I would try to shot him and run away, because they gonna think Im an enemy in a territory where aggressive acts have been committed and KOS me.

Because I mostly play a lone wolf (have no one to play with, but a guy I met that lives near my area in Chernarus), and that are the only kind of situations where I would probably end up (and already experienced them). 

Edited by exwoll

you can't just shoot folks but if you or the other survivor would want to initiate you would first hold them up. raise weapon and give commands like put hands up or put weapons on the ground. Now if they do not listen let's say your telling them to put there hands up and you say i'm gonna count to ten and you get to ten and they haven't you can blast them. With that thought is the admins ask that you are reasonable with time limits and orders. Like you can count to ten so fast that they can't do the animations or orders asked in the time given. If you take a weapon out by mistake or raise the weapon you just explain to them the situation like oh my bad or something of that nature. when I play I always have a weapon ready as do most put if the raise the weapon then you're getting into initiation. 

Now the active battle scenario is tricky, common sense would say You could just attack whomever you see as a threat or what group you want to help. If you were in either of these groups you would gain kill rights on the other group members as you see the attack and you group is actively engaged. Now as an outsider They shouldn't and you shouldn't just attack you would have to go into the fray and either initiate on them through words or actions they cannot KOS you and you can't them. There have been folks discussing this rule and I could be wrong in my explanation. 

IF your interested go to there website they can answer all of your questions better than me and give many scenarios. I usually lone wolf myself and haven't done a lot of banditing or fighting I would advise asking some of the cats on there that do it all the time. there isn't KOS on that server but it can be action packed or peaceful just depends on how you treat folks or how they treat you and how your toon would react to certain situations. I would say it's about as close to walking dead type of atmosphere as you can get with encounters, you got folks like terminus, you got folks like negan, and you got folks like rick and his crew and anything in between. I hope this helped    

• Like 1

Thanks!. I'm currently writing them the questions!

It's just that the rules of these servers are full of loopholes and some tricky moments, because they just state wide concepts and any admin is free to understand them as he feels at that moment.

For example the "raised gun" moment: If they don't have a gun, and take one out, does that count as a raised gun?, or if they're looking to some other side, and you tell them to stay still, but they turn themselves with a weapon in hands, does that count as raised gun also?

Or the initiations among "teams". If a guy decides to do banditry, he immediately becomes an outsider from the "good people" group. Since they're outsiders, and now there are 2 groups of people, and I see that a bandit has a raised gun towards a "good"guy, could I take that as an initiation on "my people" and defend it?

Hate that they don't go into such details in their rules lol

Thanks again for your replies! 

On 10/13/2016 at 4:11 AM, Baty Alquawen said:

I can recommend you Asylum. It is really good HC RP server with high pop-up. Take a look http://www.dayzasylum.com/

Dead :( 

I checked it and it looked cool, but the administration just left the server drifting while I was there, so people left and it died.... A waste of so much potential...

I found another one that somehow shared the same principles as Asylum - ProphecyRP, but after a couple of months I didn´t managed to take it seriously, everytime I bumped into people in a city, they were just fooling around in the middle of the street, with random RP/interactions that where totally out of context of a post-apocalyptic scenario, and everyone just doing their own stuff disregarding each other (in other words the "acting" was bad and, and I just quited it). 

Although to be fair I bumped into good RP too, but the random/context-lacking thing of big cities just frustrated me there.

Still looking for a decent place :(

Honestly I just play on DayZ Underground, even if it's with the public and there's KOS. Private RP servers are also awesome and I dabble in there also, but there's something to the randomness of strangers and the lethality of KOSers being all around you. It adds to the tension and the seriousness in meeting others, but also the satisfaction of befriending someone and actually gaining mutual trust.

Lots of good places out there! I just go there because there's (sometimes) nice people and high population.