Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

20 minutes ago, kumando said:

Will the zombies break doors in the future?

Yes.

We have already previewed some animations for this a few months ago....

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, valdark said:

I wasn't aware of those.  Do you have a link?

I spent some time searching Trello and youtube but I did not come across it.....

But now after searching the status reports I found it in an April 2016 report.

@25secs

• Like 8

So I flash banged an infected for science today and got some interesting unexpected results. I looked around first and saw my target less than fifty feet away and one other infected a few hundred feet down the road. I landed the grenade right at my target's feet and got no noticeable reaction. As I doubled back and made my way into the town from the side there was six to eight infected slowly shuffling towards where I'd thrown the grenade. Some of them could have been hidden but I'm pretty sure more spawned after I'd used a weapon. 

I've been doing a lot of sneak, stop, look as a freshie and the also seem to sense you within a hundreds feet or so even if they don't agro, they'll slowly wander towards you until they get los if you stay still too close. 

• Like 8

Hey dudes - this thread has been going for awhile and thus has a lot of info from previous versions that isn't relvant anymore. To try and make this easier to parse for everyone, and more directed towards the current version I'm going to open a new thread with the next exp update. (No ETA)

• Like 9

4 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Sporter is much lauder then before. 

True.. but, the Sporter in previous versions of DayZ was a little too quiet IMO.  While I don't own a Sporter, I do own a Remington Model 597 HB .22 which my son now uses.. while it's definitely not the loudest rifle out there by far, it's quite a bit louder than portrayed in DayZ previous to the 0.61 update.  Seems like it still could use some tweaking in 0.61, but it sounds a lot better now.

What do you think about the scroll speed in the Inventory is it to slow? I think so but I want to hear you opinions.

(Btw. I start since 3 days from the same spot where I logged out a while ago. It's annoying me since I had to run from there like 15+ times and every time have to start there again.)

Well just started .61 exp and the game seams to be going in the right direction.  Was a bit disappointed that on my first spawn in I got hypothermia very quickly as it was raining.  Could not find any thing in the houses to stop it so it was a toss up between dying of hypothermia or hunger? I went for the zombie death lol. Second spawn was a bit better as I was not far from a fire station so was able to get a jacket from there to stop me from getting drenched.  Would have been very disappointing in the game if it had not as that is part of its function lol. I like the zeds, but their aggro range is low and I found fighting them a bit jerky. But that is what exp is all about so keep up the good work.

2 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

All this rain is finally getting the best of me.

Reveal hidden contents

e7wRCT5.jpg

As if we don't have our hands full with zeds, wolves and the elements, now we've been invaded by Andorians!

• Like 4

For science I drank from a pond until the game said I had cholera since I had previously found some antibiotics. So far I've taken 2 and still no change in the removal of the disease so I'll be using the rest of the antibiotics to see if I need to eat more to remove it. If anyone has any experience with it feel free to let me know.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LordBlackwolf said:

If anyone has any experience with it feel free to let me know.

A: the condition of the antibiotics may effect how well they work.

B: 1 dose has been enough to cure an illness in the past but takes quite a long time.

C: 2 or more doses have seemed to work faster.

D: If/when injecting antibiotics becomes possible (again?) I believe this will be fastest cure.

Good luck.

• Like 2

They fixed Weapon name and zeroing window. Its in good res now and You can see all the details exactly.

Also when u have space in Your inventrory for Your pistol sometimes You can climb ladder with it in Your hand still cant repeat that tho its like 50%/50%

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

D: If/when injecting antibiotics becomes possible (again?) I believe this will be fastest cure.

what antibiotics could be injected in dayz? if you mean injection vials, those shouldn't work as antibiotics if BIS wants to keep it realistic.

(injection vial says it has a NaOH solution inside, which is used irl to cure acetous blood. e.g. along with CPR and epi. not sure how it's supposed to work ingame, but it should not work as antibiotics)

• Like 1