Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

i was unable to skin and quarter a cow with a stone knife, it had the "hide Body" option does anyone know if its just the stone knife, is it the cow is it bad luck?

2 hours ago, serelaw said:

Hypothermia is out of control....Started a fire when just turned "Freezing"

Fire did shit for heating me up...

Was at 5000/5000  When starting fire.The third time this happened.

Unacceptable guys. Fix this shit.

Experimental = based on untested ideas or techniques and not yet established or finalized 

I have found wringing your wet clothes out helps with body temp and surviving, either that or replace your wet clothes. A raincoat should be a first priority as well as items to make fire.

Even fires made with just sticks will start to heat you up, just keep feeding it with a constant supply.

Survive!

Look guys. We get it that is is experimental and there are flaws and this is a testing medium.

Can someone have an opinion without the rhetoric of all you guys rebuttals?

No. We can not have an opinion.

I do not find your flipping the bird offensive. I just figure you are looking in a mirror.

I try to give some measurements, some numbers based on my testing.

You guys come back with nothing scientific or useful.

Maybe one guy tries to say what works for him. The rest dogpile with nothing but attacks.

Thankfully the ignore button works.

4 minutes ago, serelaw said:

Look guys. We get it that is is experimental and there are flaws and this is a testing medium.

I do not find your flipping the bird offensive. I just figure you are looking in a mirror.

Maybe one guy tries to say what works for him. The rest dogpile with nothing but attacks.

1 hour ago, Coheed_IV said:

Now I'm not one to get involved in this but you could have left that part out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

i was unable to skin and quarter a cow with a stone knife, it had the "hide Body" option does anyone know if its just the stone knife, is it the cow is it bad luck?

I havent hopped into .61 yet, but I did have it happen to me the very odd time in .60 alpha though, maybe a persisting bug?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, serelaw said:

Thankfully the REPORT button works too!

You are so far out of order in terms of the rules of DayZ forum, I do not think you know how perilous your position is based on your last comments towards the devs and your fellow members.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, koffeekage said:

if you spawn in the rain youre done for

In 3PP hive I survived to be healed and well geared after being spawned in the rain and spending time in a house for 5-10 minutes waiting for the rain to abate.

Honestly this seems to happen with most cold/wet experimental patches.

The unprepared people start to have fits when survival mechanics get tweaked at all or even when the seasons change....

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

In 3PP hive I survived to be healed and well geared after being spawned in the rain and spending time in a house for 5-10 minutes waiting for the rain to abate.

Honestly this seems to happen with most cold/wet experimental patches.

The unprepared people start to have fits when survival mechanics get tweaked at all or even when the seasons change....

If you ask me It's more like what I consider the "good ole days" instead of just run to the best gun place simulator. I've been playing solo and finding it a challenge again, I've played a about 20 hours so far and died once to a player , twice to infected, and about a dozen times making poor or rushed survival choices. I'm having a lot more fun just trying to live than I was rushing certain spots to get my preferred gear in an hour and a half.

So they added the new sounds, I'm loving that I can approximate range of gunfire and the 1pp breathing being a more reasonable level. Are the elk calls a part of that some guys told me about it and then I heard it a short time later, I could tell if I was getting closer or farther but was in no shape to track them down or do anything about it if I found them.

Not sure if it's just me but if i throw a barrel it despawns immediately, I'm a little cheesed about that as i'd got used to bouncing them off a tree to get them to lay down and not look as much like a barrel.  

• Like 6

8 hours ago, koffeekage said:

Sometimes you have to get creative from which angle you approach the cow.   And as always, fists up won't let you do it, so make sure your hands are relaxed when trying to skin.  Other than that, it is likely just the cow sitting slightly away from its hitbox.  Try melee attacking the cow carcass once with the knife, too, before you give up.

7 hours ago, serelaw said:

Is there any possibility that you are simply having difficulty coping with the pressure of increased environmental threats?  Are there any decisions that you could have made differently to avoid being fully Hypothermic before you attempted to do anything about your falling temperature?

Yes, taking off your wet clothes and letting them dry, while you let the fire directly dry your body, is the quickest way to stop yourself from getting colder.  BUT, if you were already freezing by the time you decided to light a fire, then you done fucked up long before the speed of heating up by the fire ever had a chance to disappoint you.

Lack of planning... not constituting an emergency... yada-yada-yadda.

So when you say, "unacceptable guys, fix this shit,"  a lot of other players who are enjoying overcoming this environmental challenge see you as simply sucking at the game and lashing out at the developers/community because you cant't seem to prioritize your tasks in a manner sufficient to support your basic survival.
...and this naturally invites ridicule.  : P

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 9

8 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Sometimes you have to get creative from which angle you approach the cow.   And as always, fists up won't let you do it, so make sure your hands are relaxed when trying to skin.  Other than that, it is likely just the cow sitting slightly away from its hitbox.  Try melee attacking the cow carcass once with the knife, too, before you give up.

Is there any possibility that you are simply having difficulty coping with the pressure of increased environmental threats?  Are there any decisions that you could have made differently to avoid being fully Hypothermic before you attempted to do anything about your falling temperature?

Yes, taking off your wet clothes and letting them dry, while you let the fire directly dry your body, is the quickest way to stop yourself from getting colder.  BUT, if you were already freezing by the time you decided to light a fire, then you done fucked up long before the speed of heating up by the fire ever had a chance to disappoint you.

So when you say, "unacceptable guys, fix this shit,"  a lot of other players who are enjoying overcoming this environmental challenge see you as simply sucking at the game and lashing out at the developers/community because you cant't seem to prioritize your tasks in a manner sufficient to support your basic survival.

Yes! You got what DayZ and survival means to me, Adapt and Survive! Can't agree more! 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

But on those stream's and Youtube they just run to NWAF in like 15-20 min then they getting guns and shoot everything that moves and now i cant do it because of rain? ;)

There will be always those people that just whine if they need to put some extra effort in just surviving. There is no point to argue with them because if they cant understand unstable/experimental branch then why would they understand anything You try to tell them? :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Quick question fellas, I've read somewhere that the "crack/snaps" sounds for bullets passing close players are coming back in, and it was only a temporary bug for the first iteration of the new Eden sound engine, but for some reason I can't find the post or Tweet anymore. 

Anyone would care to help?

Even an official response from @Hicks_206 (DayZ) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

Thanks for asking.

Id really love to hear something on this too if poss @Hicks (DayZ). There are so many positives about the new patch, im really looking forward to it. Not feeling like you are in danger when getting shot at really affects gunplay however. Im sure bullet travel noises are on the horizon but the SR was pretty detailed on the sound issues and there was no mention of this. Please can you let us know what we can expect?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, serelaw said:

Hypothermia is out of control....Started a fire when just turned "Freezing"

Fire did shit for heating me up...

Was at 5000/5000  When starting fire.The third time this happened.

Please keep the discussion civil. Addressing issues like the rate of temp increases is a critical and constructive discussion - the way in which you entered it, is not.

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, therunningmanz said:

Thanks for asking.

Id really love to hear something on this too if poss @Hicks (DayZ). There are so many positives about the new patch, im really looking forward to it. Not feeling like you are in danger when getting shot at really affects gunplay however. Im sure bullet travel noises are on the horizon but the SR was pretty detailed on the sound issues and there was no mention of this. Please can you let us know what we can expect?

At the current time we do of course plan to return the sounds you mention. I'll let you guys know if that changes.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

At the current time we do of course plan to return the sounds you mention. I'll let you guys know if that changes.

Thanks. Its amazing how much of a difference it makes to the gunplay. Until you are hit, there is no sense of danger anymore. Often you hear shots, look around and then realise they are actually at you. I'm looking forward to what is to come, hope you had a good time in Aus! ;)

Edited by therunningmanz
  • Like 3

I know its not 0.61 related but im just curious. Environmental team that works on that new forests, are they plant tree by tree or there is some kind of scripts/software that just generate forest while they just use some kind like a brush on map? I need to say that this pics were way beyond my expectations :)

42 minutes ago, gaweu said:

I know its not 0.61 related but im just curious. Environmental team that works on that new forests, are they plant tree by tree or there is some kind of scripts/software that just generate forest while they just use some kind like a brush on map? I need to say that this pics were way beyond my expectations :)

I think the best bet would be they use the best of both. Having script/software to generate it then have the team do passes over it to fix or change anything.

17 hours ago, thebaddestass said:

As I stated above.  That isn't always true.

Please read my response again.

Logging out to save character has about a 65% chance of saving.  Which means it has about a 35% chance of not saving your character. 

This is a known issue - and one we're working on addressing.

• Like 5

I really, really really hope the zombies pushing you gets removed.  It's so damn glitchy and buggy, I've got pushed out of buildings three times already, and it really fucks with the client position sync.

Players give you a weird push effect too.. Like in Melee fights it's so weird, running into someone kinda jittery pushes you back, it's hard to describe.  Really hope that gets fixed.  Same thing happens when you go through door ways, its a really hard thing to describe.

And in first person when aiming down your sights and moving forward, it's fucked big time-o.

Also, zombies seem to be going through doors again now. Never experienced that in .60.

Edited by MrJoe (DayZ)

24 minutes ago, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

Also, zombies seem to be going through doors again now. Never experienced that in .60.

Most of the times I can run through the doors too, or when I close door A, door B opens from the house, it doesn't make any sense.

Even sometimes the door is open, and you can't run through it till you close the door and then you can run through the door :/