Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

Jittery is back with this last update, was fine this morning

For everybody having trouble warming up:  Have you tried getting out of your wet clothes?!?  It seemed to work just fine for me taking off my clothes, setting them by the fire to dry off, while my body dries, then putting them back on my dry self to finish warming up.

GET NAKED, PEOPLE. GEE WHIZZZ....

4 hours ago, koffeekage said:

are the wolf pelts just like regular leather?

They take up 8 slots. two tall, four wide.

• Like 4

ok new patch is broken - temprature goes way too fast down when you`re wet from rain or swimming - and when you lit a fireplace - it warm you way too slowly - it make no sense.

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, ori42 said:

ok new patch is broken - temprature goes way too fast down when you`re wet from rain or swimming - and when you lit a fireplace - it warm you way too slowly - it make no sense.

Take your clothes off... ; )

• Like 2

2 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Don`t put this on stable - that`s all I`ve to say. lol

And always save inventory room for a raincoat. 

I died within 5-10 minutes after it rained with starting items. 

If it still rain and you out in the nature you`ve a huge issue, because you can`t start a fireplace when it`s raining. 

I think cold weather should be important, but balance it pls. I know the server time multipler is *12 though.

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I died within 5-10 minutes after it rained with starting items. 

If it still rain and you out in the nature you`ve a huge issue, because you can start a fireplace when it`s raining. 

I think cold weather should be important, but balance it pls. I know the server time multipler is *12 though.

Sounds great. time to learn how to survive for pvp-kids :D

I'm running for a raincoat now xD

• Like 1

Dear Devs.

Please keep the elements as being deadly.

I want a "survival" patch. 

• Like 1

Quick question fellas, I've read somewhere that the "crack/snaps" sounds for bullets passing close players are coming back in, and it was only a temporary bug for the first iteration of the new Eden sound engine, but for some reason I can't find the post or Tweet anymore. 

Anyone would care to help?

Even an official response from @Hicks_206 (DayZ) would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Influence_X said:

Dear Devs.

Please keep the elements as being deadly.

I want a "survival" patch. 

ok, but it doesn`t work as intended - it should go a lot faster to get warmth back with heatpacks or nearby a fireplace.

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

After reading the Status Report, it seems that there will be a very long time before the new features are merged with the current build. So my question is, will the already existing vehicles be functional in 0.61 stable, or is all the work being done on vehicles waiting for the new systems to be developed?

I.e. will we have vehicles while we wait for beta?

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

From my cold dead buttocks!   Let us die with some dignity.

• Like 3

Does anyone else notice that sometimes the movement jitter is also affecting TrackIR input? For me sometimes (presumably when the server is under heavier load) my TrackIR freelook starts twitching around. It's rather noticeable as the crosshair is twitching up and down or left and right continuously for some time like an old gif animation.

On 07/10/2016 at 8:21 PM, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Is anything changed with damage values for the weapons in .61?

I think most of us would agree that the shotgun needs some tweaking.

Reveal hidden contents

*It may be a bit off topic I guess but I would like to eventually see: non-lethal rounds (rubber buckshot, rubber slugs, bean bag rounds, rock salt?) > bird shot > buck shot > slugs.

Shotgun definitely needs tweaking. It's too weak.

• Like 1

I mentioned it earlier it get time to get used to compare to 0.60, but there are no such sounds in Battlefield 1 for example. You just jump in your chair when u got shot at, or get nerve wreck with the crack/snap sounds. I felt the changes was a pleasant surprise, because as I mentioned earlier I had no issues to hear where the bullets landed nearby me without the snap/crack sounds.

The most important in a firefight is to know where the weapon is fire at, where the person is located when he is aiming at you - and that is a huge sound improvement related to weapon & bullet sounds compare to older Dayz SA versions to this date.

Edited by ori42

5 minutes ago, ori42 said:

I mentioned it earlier it get time to get used to compare to 0.60, but there are no such sounds in Battlefield 1 for example. You just jump in your chair when u got shot at, or get nerve wreck with the crack/snap sounds. I felt the changes was a pleasant surprise, because as I mentioned earlier I had no issues to hear where the bullets landed nearby me without the snap/crack sounds.

The most important in a firefight is to know where the weapon is fire at, where the person is located when he aiming at you - and that is a huge sound improvement related to weapon & bullet sounds compare to older Dayz SA versions.

Totally understand what you mean here, and although I agree in some parts, I've seen many questions about this and no real "official" answer so far.

No matter how we like it, or not, it's an unfinished feature. It's just the first iteration of the Eden sound engine, many tweaks are coming in the next few updates. Remember that it's the Eden sound engine used in ArmA3, and that in ArmA3, we hear those snaps and sounds from bullets passing near and going towards a player. 

I too have no problems hearing the bullets land near me, and the locations from where they are shot (unless suppressed) but it's still an unfinished feature that will be updated, balanced and tweaked.

• Like 1

I just used the shotty against some infected. Worked fine within 10 yards. Havent shot it further out tho..

Weird thing: In the beginning of my spawn I encountered a man ingame with a totally black graphical face. I mean like black hole sun black. There's a new one. 

Sounds I experienced were amazing. Wolves in the distance. Vague gunshots. I could clearly see and time the thunder. All good. :)

Temperatures are off i guess. Was full health. Started a fire @ 36.70 degrees. Used like 6 big loggs and 5/6 groups of sticks. Took 15 minutes and got me up to 36.73.... 

Maybe someone retest this data in a house fire? 

7 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Totally understand what you mean here, and although I agree in some parts, I've seen many questions about this and no real "official" answer so far.

No matter how we like it, or not, it's an unfinished feature. It's just the first iteration of the Eden sound engine, many tweaks are coming in the next few updates. Remember that it's the Eden sound engine used in ArmA3, and that in ArmA3, we hear those snaps and sounds from bullets passing near and going towards a player. 

I too have no problems hearing the bullets land near me, and the locations from where they are shot (unless suppressed) but it's still an unfinished feature that will be updated, balanced and tweaked.

Yeah, my mic. was charging so I did not use it, but I could hear it on my TV in my living room. I will test more though with weapons in general, but as you mentioned it`s probably under development, and maybe not 100% fully implemented game sound feature.

• Like 1

Hypothermia is out of control....Started a fire when just turned "Freezing"

Fire did shit for heating me up...

Was at 5000/5000  When starting fire.The third time this happened.

Unacceptable guys. Fix this shit.

Edited by serelaw
Spelling

25 minutes ago, serelaw said:

The only thing unacceptable is your tone RE: the experimental branch/ALPHA.

Please reread the agreement you click before playing.

• Like 4

^^^Did you read that you should take your clothes off near the fire?^^^

Can you avoid the falling water from the sky with patience until you find rain gear?

Have you ever dealt with hypothermia in DayZ before, because it seems to be working pretty similarly to other cold and wet winter patches...?

So many of us have managed but you have failed to survive the elements.

Please try harder!

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Can you avoid the falling water from the sky with patience until you find rain gear?

Have you ever dealt with hypothermia in DayZ before, because it seems to be working pretty similarly to other cold and wet winter patches...?

Please try harder!

if you spawn in the rain youre done for and mostly because rapidly warming up raised body temp by .01 degrees a second. i barely managed to survive this current play through. once the rain stopped i found a can of beans which also raised my body temp somehow or atleast took me out of freezing i didnt see what the actual numbers were or how this actually worked. its in dire need of re-balancing 

I just want to know what people would do in RL. Sitting next to a fire in their wet close? You should always take of their wet close to try it next to the fire and find shelter. 

It's great that it seems to work same in DayZ.

Every hypothermia-dead is a step in the right direktion xD (as long as you're wet and it's cold obviously)

45 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Please try harder!

I think the prior cold / wet patches were much more challenging than this current one. I honestly don't think that I should be able to sit outside, motionless on the ground, in damp clothing and not have my temperature drop. I didn't even have a proper coat, just a tracksuit jacket.

On another occasion, I was a fresh spawn (I was eaten by those damn wolves again!) and I came upon a berry bush. There I was, standing still in my jeans and T-shirt, picking berries ... while I stood there for several minutes, I actually watched my temperature INCREASE!!! 

Sure, it's challenging to get a character established, if you spawn in the rain, but it should be! At any other time survival is trivial, if you apply some common sense to the problem at hand. In my opinion, the current build is only hazardous to the impatient, who disregard the weather and can not resist running around in the rain, even though they are not properly attired.

OK, I'm going to batten down the hatches of the bunker. Cue the PVP guys who "... don't have time for all of this survival nonsense."

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

Sure, it's challenging to get a character established, if you spawn in the rain, but it should be! At any other time survival is trivial, if you apply some common sense to the problem at hand. In my opinion, the current build is only hazardous to the impatient, who disregard the weather and can not resist running around in the rain, even though they are not properly attired.

OK, I'm going to batten down the hatches of the bunker. Cue the PVP guys who "... don't have time for all of this survival nonsense."

PvP is also hazardous to the impatient.  I think "noobs" may be a better target here than "PvP guys". :)

Edited by plasteek

Remember that balance will be made in beta, and yes, you have a bad attitude..

2 hours ago, serelaw said:

Hypothermia is out of control....Started a fire when just turned "Freezing"

Fire did shit for heating me up...

Was at 5000/5000  When starting fire.The third time this happened.

• Like 1