Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

So I've finally been able to find time to check out the exp server.  Runs great as far as I can tell.  A little bit of rubber banding, no crashes or server restarts after a few hours of play time.  Now most of this was spent in the NE corner in Svetlo so I haven't got very far.  A few things I did notice is that some terrain was raised, such as sidewalks, which did prevent me from entering some buildings.  As for weapons, didn't find much of anything.  Been using a baseball bat and living off of apples.

• Like 1

I have never thought that I have ask this again but:

Has anyone tips how to not die from rain? I was not able to find a firefighter jacket, raincoat or a Gorka. The main experience of today was like run 300 meters heat up at a campfire for 30 minutes and repeat ...

What I'm struggling on:

1. The Char is telling me "I'm slowly warming up" the fact that the Body temp. is running down at a rate of roughly -0.02°/sec. determinates this as not true
  2. All rainproof jackets are looted (guess why)
  3. Stones can't be used as Poor man's heat pack anymore
  4. The Char becomes drenched, even when all your clothes are just wet, so you can't wring them.
  5. Even thick jackets like Winter Hunter, are useless once they are wet

Im not sure if someone mentioned it already but isnt bleeding bugged? I tryed that with zeds many times. My body was dripping with blood everywhere but on status bar my blood didnt change. Dunno if thats same if player gonna make You bleed.

Servers are back up, but my character has been wiped though :(

2 hours ago, Helldogz said:

I have never thought that I have ask this again but:

Has anyone tips how to not die from rain? I was not able to find a firefighter jacket, raincoat or a Gorka. The main experience of today was like run 300 meters heat up at a campfire for 30 minutes and repeat ...

What I'm struggling on:

1. The Char is telling me "I'm slowly warming up" the fact that the Body temp. is running down at a rate of roughly -0.02°/sec. determinates this as not true
  2. All rainproof jackets are looted (guess why)
  3. Stones can't be used as Poor man's heat pack anymore
  4. The Char becomes drenched, even when all your clothes are just wet, so you can't wring them.
  5. Even thick jackets like Winter Hunter, are useless once they are wet

There is no real trick to this. You must stay out of the rain, if you are not dressed appropriately. It is essential that you get out of the rain before you get soaked clear through. If you are far away from a town / buildings, hugging the trunk of a tall tree helps, as the canopy will provide some shelter.

Relying on fire alone, no longer appears to be a viable strategy, according to some recent posts. The last time I was caught in the rain out in an open field, wearing nothing but a T-shirt, I found one of those long barns and I ran laps inside, until the rain stopped. This expends a lot of energy and I came dangerously close to dying from hunger / thirst, from all of the exercise. It was shear luck that the rain stopped after fifteen minutes and I survived. It was a serious scramble for food and water afterwards, though, or I wouldn't have made it. Note: I haven't tried this in the recent builds, so YMMV.

EDIT: I should also have mentioned that carrying spare dry clothing (a good idea if you don't have a raincoat, etc.), or finding dry clothes is also immensely helpful. Under some conditions, I have found that wearing wet clothes is less helpful than wearing no clothes at all.

Edited by BleedoutBill

Also i noticed that status stuffed stays for very long time. Is kiddna bugged right now or its supposed to be like this?

7 minutes ago, gaweu said:

Also i noticed that status stuffed stays for very long time. Is kiddna bugged right now or its supposed to be like this?

Nope, food seems to go a long way in this build.

The devs are obviously interested in seeing you die in some other grisly and perverse manner, so don't fret, this will certainly change again, after they collect whatever data they are looking for.

• Like 1

Yes! Had my first wolve encounter!

JU4IWu2.jpg

I had no ammo and a few meters before Pustoshka they managed to chase me down.

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka
  • Like 8

12 hours ago, emuthreat said:

@IMT It looks like you owe me some beanz.  It was the pack straight North of Altar, about 900 meters, that I encountered; I killed three, and one or two left.  They circled me up pretty fast, but didn't really pose much of a threat to my AKM.  Kinda sad.  Video to follow later tonight...

Reveal hidden contents

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Well done, it seems by their behavior that there is no way that I am going to kill only the last wolf with my fists because they run away which is natural. And that's how nature goes, wolves > humans without weapons but humans with weapons > wolves.

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

The devs are obviously interested in seeing you die in some other grisly and perverse manner, so don't fret, this will certainly change again, after they collect whatever data they are looking for.

Experimental <3

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BleedoutBill said:

286.9MB incoming!

Version number: 0.61.135936

Edit: my character still didn't get saved when it crashed.

Edited by IMT

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

Version number: 0.61.135936

Confirmed.

- You guys with a wide pipe piss me off!!!  ; )

Be aware: invisible infected is still a thing!

3 hours ago, BleedoutBill said:

Relying on fire alone, no longer appears to be a viable strategy, according to some recent posts.

I had been able to keep my original exp character from succumbing to hypothermia. I must have used a fire about 10x to fiend off the rain/colds.  I had been relying on outside fires and didn't feel the need to go inside a house, they seemed to work just fine.  Up until last night - I was getting lax about it and the cold finally claimed it's due.  I think I waited a little too long before trying to warm up this time.   Gathering wood while in the "I am freezing" stage is not recommended, plus I didn't get the fire going until I was hypothermic. While the fire did dry my clothes from drenched to dry very quickly I could not seem to get any heat transferred from the fire after about 10 minutes.  Of course I changed positions a bunch of times, tried squatting down, standing and even went prone.  Watching the debug monitor my temp kept dropping and never once came back up.  I thought it might be a positional thing and so I vaulted (rumored to sync your position in the server) and adjusted my proximity to the fire but I got burned twice (which told me I was indeed near the fire but) it lowered my health considerably and may have led to my untimely death.   

Just reporting what I've noticed about body temps and fire.   

Also, imo it's a good thing that the weather environment is dangerous again.  I'm forced to adapt my playstyle to survive.  I may have to go back to the old swimmer's loadout:  Firefighter's jacket and pants, drybag, wellies and insulated helmet!  Gas mask is an insulation bonus (100% waterproof) but gloves are a non-no as they are not 100% waterproof and will get you a damp status.

6rmCjQo.jpg

Free PVP bonus - This high-contrast bumblebee target outfit will get you shot at every time!

Edited by GaryWalnuts
some login problemns - hopefully this doesnt double-post
  • Like 2

Played a bit this morning after the update.  

Lamps are worthless.  Tried to light my way at night with one. Couldn't see in 1st person or third or if I put it on the ground and ran away from it.  

MP5s have sights again! Yay!

A few Zs punched me through walls.  I guess that's the new way to lock them up: lock yourself in a room wit them, and wait until they hulk you through the wall.

Had a few issues with the hands up thing, still.

Sound volume needs some tweaking/balancing - still an odd balance between my won breath/footsteps and ambient noises.

Otherwise pretty smooth, nice build.

Edited by Thurman Merman
  • Like 3

All servers are shutdown manually. Possible update?

Edit: 

Edited by IMT
  • Like 2

48 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

I'm finding usable tires on wrecked cars pretty regular. Not sure when that became a thing.

I found them already alot in 0.60, so I guess thats nothing new rly.