Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

Spent a few hours building up a character.  Became night and started testing campfires to and light sources to check the new lighting..   Then, Bang!  Dead..  Another tester snuck up to me at the exterior campfire and wasted me.  Wish some of the testers would give a warning or maybe have the sense to ask before they shoot you on the exp branch.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

I went through 56 of the 70 possible spawn (They might have changed now, cause a few would collision buildings and objects at the modified Green Mountain surroundings. Pulkovo mostly.) and didn't encounter 1. I did this on a 3pp server, and a 1pp server after that.

I'm glad at least you found one. Might I ask where did you find it?

I found the crash at the same spot just north of the Green Mountain huge radio tower. And it was no weapons has Hicks mentioned just a grenade, + gas grenade and a grey tactical shirt. They might have disable it until they figure out to fix loot piles, or crash issues we had last week. 

• Like 1

A minor bug update related to semi loot piles: I notice that some weapons spawns inside civil buildings again and that`s great, but usually you get a copy of the exact same weapon. It`s the same issue in Deer Stance, I usually find 2-3 SKS for instant. And you`ve the same with ammo in green tents usually *4 pack of ammo of .45 ACP 25 rounds.  If Dayz dev. team struggle with some server performance recently since they have locked experiemental servers - that might be an issue - it seems like the loot table clone on item spawns, which probably result in worst server quality.. 

I`ve still the memory crash issue when I exit from a session of Dayz. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

these new lootplosions are realy easy to see on skalisty island (not much players running arround there).

every boat spawns up to 5 identically items in different conditions.

looks like an old bug made his comeback :) 

the memory crash issue i only have, when i have bugged items in inventory slots (invinsible items that can´t be moved). If i have one of them, closing the game forced this memory bug.

without those buggy items, game closes normaly

• Like 1

I've followed this thread since it was opened, and more closely since experimental servers were available, but I,ve yet to see a report about persistence, so I did some tests.

Seems persistence is off, and persistent containers like tents, barrels or protective cases despawn extremely fast when moved.

I placed barrels on UK-4 (1pp), UK-5 (3pp) and US- Northeast-1 (3pp) and they all vanished within 10 minutes. Went to pick some random items to place in them and when I got back the barrel or container was gone.

Also, unless I see some screenshots or a video about the wolves, I'd say they are not in this build. "Someone said that they heard a guy that said his friend heard some wolves in the distance..." just won't cut it.

Going back in for more testing.

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

IAlso, unless I see some screenshots or a video about the wolves, I'd say they are not in this build. "Someone said that they heard a guy that said his friend heard some wolves in the distance..." just won't cut it.

Going back in for more testing.

there was an german streamer who played (on exp.) the wolf howling sound over voip to scare peps. 

there is not one screenshot or vid to find in the web which shows wolfs, so i think they are not in this build

• Like 1

Last update for the day. Did some running around in the rain, got hypothermia and died shortly after even after trying to warm up next to a fire. So I respawned and tried that again but this time starting the fire as soon as I got "cold". And it seems you get colder faster than you can heat up. I was at 5000 health and blood, got cold, started the fire (while crafting the fire kit and supplies I got hypothermia) and tried to heat up. Even though I was "rapidily heating up", the temp number was only going up 0.01 every 2 seconds or so, making the health drop way faster than you can heat up. 

So I died again for science. Even though I was full health and full blood, warming up next to a fire didn't save me from hypothermia.

A15715861D6BDD4BB1E21E062A074FD97CD4779B

The first fire I did was only with sticks, so this one was with 5 logs to see if they heat up more, but no, they don't...  :)

My body temp was at 34.07 when I died on this screenshot. So going up 0.10 degrees took me 2420 health. Ouch.

Don't go out in the rain unless you have proper clothes.

• Like 5

This weird jittery client position problem better be a stable blocker, cause it causes a ton of problems. Same with the zombies being able to push you.  It feels awkward and clunky as hell walking in houses now because of it; doors and tight corridors are "jittery" cause they kinda bounce your character around, it's hard to explain.  I also got trapped in a house with a bunch of zombies, and they pushed me into a corner, and it was really confusing cause i was getting pushed EVERYWHERE, and when I ran out I heard the zombies hitting the corner i was trapped in over and over again and I was taking damage and bleeding all over the place when I was about 50 meters away from the house, then I went unconcious. it seems the weird jittery crap made the server think I was still trapped in the corner, I dunno it was just really weird.

Can't wait till Zombie AI is overhauled.  Its awesome how much they are spawning but their individual behavior is very bland, however the pathfinding is awesome.

Some screenshots.

UuXugbz.jpg

fw5PcLr.jpg82C13313A20B33FFF31B71AF47F53743BFD0939E

3cFqw7Q.jpg

Edited by MrJoe (DayZ)
  • Like 1

Has anyone already created a Job for the loss of progress after server crash? the majority of my time in the game is vapor right now.

Tried to test some things and got shot at and chased down only to be shot for no reason. Too bad we cant host single player hives to test on our own and not have to worry with kids flooding the experimental servers and shooting at anything that moves. I may be griping but I seriously think this is hindering bug finding.... Just my two cents

1 hour ago, koffeekage said:

Has anyone already created a Job for the loss of progress after server crash? the majority of my time in the game is vapor right now.

Just log out anytime you make significant progress, or find an important piece of loot; it will properly save your character position and inventory to the hive.

• Like 1

It`s possible to remove the status window in top right corner?

It`s hard to adjust scopes and range on weapons since the info is behind the status window. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

So is everyone's character still resetting after server crash / restart ? Couldn't keep a character going the other day due to every 2-3 hours the northeast 0-1 server would crash and reset me and my groups characters !

Just experienced a weird bug where my character sounded as a truck in reverse every time I pressed Ctrl lol Beep, beep , beep.

4 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Last update for the day. Did some running around in the rain, got hypothermia and died shortly after even after trying to warm up next to a fire. So I respawned and tried that again but this time starting the fire as soon as I got "cold". And it seems you get colder faster than you can heat up. I was at 5000 health and blood, got cold, started the fire (while crafting the fire kit and supplies I got hypothermia) and tried to heat up. Even though I was "rapidily heating up", the temp number was only going up 0.01 every 2 seconds or so, making the health drop way faster than you can heat up. 

So I died again for science. Even though I was full health and full blood, warming up next to a fire didn't save me from hypothermia.

The first fire I did was only with sticks, so this one was with 5 logs to see if they heat up more, but no, they don't...  :)

My body temp was at 34.07 when I died on this screenshot. So going up 0.10 degrees took me 2420 health. Ouch.

Don't go out in the rain unless you have proper clothes.

im thinking that the only way to dry off is with a regular camp fire, house fireplaces, stone ovens and torches do nothing for when you get really moist.

• Like 1

Does anyone know why there are three locked Uk servers with hardly any people on them?

3 hours ago, ori42 said:

It`s possible to remove the status window in top right corner?

It`s hard to adjust scopes and range on weapons since the info is behind the status window. 

After the mod days, I was hoping to not see a "debug" monitor ever again...

Fingers crossed it will be either server disabled or player controlled. 

Would really like to be able to remove it right now.

• Like 1

Found a big mil tent got my stone fire going, pack of milk,bag of rice, 2 water bottles, a scorpion with 2 mags. It doesn't get much better

xYr7jb5.jpg

Edited by koffeekage
add picture
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, therunningmanz said:

Feedback so far, played about 7/8 hours....

The good:- 

It feels like when its polished 0.61 is going to be a huge step forward. The infected make it a real challenge, i genuinely think they will impact on the PVP death squads who just want to camp an area. I was at Myshkino and killed a player, I really had to play smart to even manage to get back to his body to loot it. A silenced pistol is going to be an essential tool in the game going forward. I think the whole dynamic of the game could change and when you combine the new design of the coastal towns and the fog with the new infected dynamics I think coastal PVP and camping for PVP could really be a thing of the past. Deciding to kill will be situational and more of an adventure. The gun shots sound epic and the sound is going to be a huge improvement.

The bad:-

The gunshots are better but the sound isnt quiet right for me. VOIP is too loud irrespective of how I set the slider, in game sound effects apart from gun shots are too quiet. Opening doors, infected screams and foot steps are barely audible. This massively impacts on gameplay.

Something else that doesn't seem right is the immersion when in a gun fight. I am getting shot at and I can hear the bullets nicely as they are fired but there are no cracks or sounds effects of the bullets flying by/at me. If I dont get hit by the bullet, I dont really know if it is me that is getting shot at. I had this happen a lot but below I have linked an example. I have a little gun fight with a Magnum and manage to accidentally mute Rene in TS, he shoots at me by mistake in the confusion right at the end of the highlight and all I hear is the shot coming from the gun. There is no audible sound of the bullet travel. This kinda makes you feel like you arent in a gun fight, it feels like you are never in an danger because unless a bullet hits you, there is no sound. In the first exchange of fire a guy is shooting at me and I dont hear any snaps/cracks etc (im certain the third shot was on target but it didnt register I dont think), all that I hear is the sound of one bullet pinging a tree. It also shows the loud VOIP (id already set the VOIP volume control right down). Finally please note, the gamma is increased in OBS for my viewers, I was playing with flat in game gamma myself...

https://www.twitch.tv/therunningmanz/v/99412827

I believe it work as intended related to bullet impact - it should not be a high sound bullet impact in my opinion. It`s much more important to hear the location of the weapon when it`s fired. And I had no issue to hear when I was shot at that the bullets hit nearby me. Don`t fix if it ain`t broken. The weapon sound system work *10 times better compare to 0.60, which is barely functional in comparison to in-game weapon sounds in the 0.61 patch, and character breathing mechanic sounds including the 1st person sound adjustment fix.   

Edited by ori42

1 hour ago, ori42 said:

I believe it work as intended related to bullet impact - it should not be a high sound bullet impact in my opinion. It`s more important to hear the location of the weapon when it`s fired. And I had no issue to hear when I was shot at that the bullets hit nearby me. Don`t fix if it ain`t broken. The weapon sound system work *10 times better compare to 0.60, which barely functional in comparison to in-game weapon, and character breathing mechanic sounds.   

I think he is talking about the supersonic crack of a bullet flying past your head.  It's quite surely a real thing.  The boomerang system uses this to triangulate the path of a bullet passing by, and extrapolate the origin of the bullet.

In other news, I've found that little present the map team left us at Pass Sosnovy.

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma ?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, emuthreat said:

I think he is talking about the supersonic crack of a bullet flying past your head.

It is also important to remember not all bullets are going supersonic.

6 minutes ago, Blafirelli said:

It is also important to remember not all bullets are going supersonic.

Sub sonic rounds are different than super sonic rounds. I guess there are no sub sonic rounds except that Vintorez. Even the .22 should be super sonic. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.22_Long_Rifle

Though Amphibian S can be sub sonic because of short barrel or at least it can go to that pretty fast.

The bullet can drop down to sub sonic when it has traveled enough far. At least Arma 3 simulates that already, so you won't hear the crack when someone is firing you like 800m away with basic rifle.

• Like 2

New 0.61 Update...

Can't play. Game crash on start:

Signature of addons\animals.pho is wrong

30 EXP servers are online now. Let's fill them up and test!

• Like 10