Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

I just had a creepy encounter a few moments ago. I was trying to find apples when some loser came up behind me and in a creepy ass tone repeatedly asking me if I was trying to touch his "apples" and the way he was saying it sounded like he was getting off while he was attacking me.

• Like 2

So i just experienced experimental now, heres the feedback so far:

-Zombie's are very good now, i mean compared than before. there seem to be alot of them around.

-Economy seems to work really good.

-i'm loving net code changes. i mean really, game is so much smooth for me now(high ping situation) and i'm experiencing almost no desync. (thought there seem to be a bug where your around zombies or fighting with them that makes you rubber band all over that zombie.

-the sound seems perfect to me.can't wait for further improvements.  

----------

Beside the zombie's net code bug mentioned above, i find another bug:

somehow i managed to stuck myself in a Raise-weapon situation. it got fixed by alt-tabbing out of the game and checking forums :D

---------

Also there seem to be a bug with weapons. i just fired a pistol and hear the sound like even chamber's empty but i actually fired a bullet.

Edited by VahidkinG(2ndAcc)
  • Like 1

Log back in and my character is spinning, can't stop it.  Trying to verify local files and see if that fixes it

1 hour ago, barnabus said:

Log back in and my character is spinning, can't stop it.  Trying to verify local files and see if that fixes it

'Last time this happened to me one of my movement keys was stuck down. Dd you try turning the keyboard upside down and banging it on the table?
(works for me)

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 2

On 11/5/2016 at 5:20 AM, FunkInYourTrunk said:

Spoken like a true server hopper.  

Personally i like the idea.  if you are playing with 5 friends just join the cue at the same time and you should get in close together.  not much need to know exact numbers.  if the server is high pop you will see people.  low pop means less people.  If the server is cued then you know it is full.  i think they are definately headed in the right direction.

I don't play on public servers. Interesting you claim to know how a server hopper speaks. I don't.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I just had a creepy encounter a few moments ago. I was trying to find apples when some loser came up behind me and in a creepy ass tone repeatedly asking me if I was trying to touch his "apples" and the way he was saying it sounded like he was getting off while he was attacking me.

there are experiences in life that every young person just HAS to learn ways to deal with

A few bugs I've noticed

-A few times after taking damage from a zed my character got the jitters.  Feels sort of like quick rubber-banding or a framerate jitter.  In this state sprinting was slow and jittery so I went into crawl mode and was crawling super-fast through the woods.  I haven't seen any wolves but I did feel like one for a bit.   Logging out and back in fixes it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3rcWarJOe0

-After playing for a while the doors seem out of their open/close sync.  Opening the front door to a house might open a different door inside the house, then opening and closing several times might make the front door open.  After a while I just spam a door a few times quickly until it opens.  I've also had a door that appeared open but I couldn't go through until I closed it and reopened it.  Logging out and back in seems to fix this one also.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Darius Vitaminas said:

I think there is like 1 group of wolves in server and they are pretty hard to find.

would make good sense to run one pack from one point if you were testing them in play - they are more complex AI than other animals

2 hours ago, barnabus said:

press your delete or end key, should fix

Feedback so far, played about 7/8 hours....

The good:- 

It feels like when its polished 0.61 is going to be a huge step forward. The infected make it a real challenge, i genuinely think they will impact on the PVP death squads who just want to camp an area. I was at Myshkino and killed a player, I really had to play smart to even manage to get back to his body to loot it. A silenced pistol is going to be an essential tool in the game going forward. I think the whole dynamic of the game could change and when you combine the new design of the coastal towns and the fog with the new infected dynamics I think coastal PVP and camping for PVP could really be a thing of the past. Deciding to kill will be situational and more of an adventure. The gun shots sound epic and the sound is going to be a huge improvement.

The bad:-

The gunshots are better but the sound isnt quiet right for me. VOIP is too loud irrespective of how I set the slider, in game sound effects apart from gun shots are too quiet. Opening doors, infected screams and foot steps are barely audible. This massively impacts on gameplay.

Something else that doesn't seem right is the immersion when in a gun fight. I am getting shot at and I can hear the bullets nicely as they are fired but there are no cracks or sounds effects of the bullets flying by/at me. If I dont get hit by the bullet, I dont really know if it is me that is getting shot at. I had this happen a lot but below I have linked an example. I have a little gun fight with a Magnum and manage to accidentally mute Rene in TS, he shoots at me by mistake in the confusion right at the end of the highlight and all I hear is the shot coming from the gun. There is no audible sound of the bullet travel. This kinda makes you feel like you arent in a gun fight, it feels like you are never in an danger because unless a bullet hits you, there is no sound. In the first exchange of fire a guy is shooting at me and I dont hear any snaps/cracks etc (im certain the third shot was on target but it didnt register I dont think), all that I hear is the sound of one bullet pinging a tree. It also shows the loud VOIP (id already set the VOIP volume control right down). Finally please note, the gamma is increased in OBS for my viewers, I was playing with flat in game gamma myself...

https://www.twitch.tv/therunningmanz/v/99412827

Edited by therunningmanz
  • Like 4

Well finaly got nice 2 hour run with the current version.

+ Gun sounds
+ Distant gun sounds
+ More Zombies

- Voice over net way too loud
- All other souds way too low, except the gun sounds
- Moving inside buildings is so jerky. Doorways, you go 2 steps forward and one step back.
- Flickering shadows/light
- Zombies are still living in their own dimension. Going through doors and walls.

Few screenshots...

FxXApX7.jpg

09SJaD4.jpg
Anyone else with this problem ? NVIDIA latest drivers, Asus 1060 6GB

vpo2Se9.jpg

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Seitan said:

Anyone else with this problem ?

Yep, I've seen some leaf piles with a black texture instead of transparent.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Seitan said:

Well finaly got nice 2 hour run with the current version.

+ Gun sounds
+ Distant gun sounds
+ More Zombies

- Voice over net way too loud
- All other souds way too low, except the gun sounds
- Moving inside buildings is so jerky. Doorways, you go 2 steps forward and one step back.
- Flickering shadows/light
- Zombies are still living in their own dimension. Going through doors and walls.

Few screenshots...

09SJaD4.jpg
Anyone else with this problem ? NVIDIA latest drivers, Asus 1060 6GB

Seems to me that I submitted a bug report on the leaves, w/ pics, well over a year ago.

Came across a bug. Dunno if uz guys have came across it yet.

when I was opening doors it would open all the other doors in the building except the one I was trying to open which would only open on a second click (I was using "F"). Was wondering why it was taking 2 clicks to open doors then seen it when I tried to open the trunk of a car. First click all doors opened except the trunk, second click trunk opened. After that I did a few tests on houses/garages etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Seitan said:

False bug reporter, haha. This haven't happened to me in months, you are doing something... wrong.

16 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I believe @IMT found a Heli before being sniped.

He might remember where that was....

I found two in that lifespan actually. One just north-west of Pulkovo and the other one was in that big open field in the forest just south of where the highway goes to the western-end of the map.

1 hour ago, therunningmanz said:

Feedback so far, played about 7/8 hours....

The good:- 

It feels like when its polished 0.61 is going to be a huge step forward. The infected make it a real challenge, i genuinely think they will impact on the PVP death squads who just want to camp an area. I was at Myshkino and killed a player, I really had to play smart to even manage to get back to his body to loot it. A silenced pistol is going to be an essential tool in the game going forward. I think the whole dynamic of the game could change and when you combine the new design of the coastal towns and the fog with the new infected dynamics I think coastal PVP and camping for PVP could really be a thing of the past. Deciding to kill will be situational and more of an adventure. The gun shots sound epic and the sound is going to be a huge improvement.

The bad:-

The gunshots are better but the sound isnt quiet right for me. VOIP is too loud irrespective of how I set the slider, in game sound effects apart from gun shots are too quiet. Opening doors, infected screams and foot steps are barely audible. This massively impacts on gameplay.

Something else that doesn't seem right is the immersion when in a gun fight. I am getting shot at and I can hear the bullets nicely as they are fired but there are no cracks or sounds effects of the bullets flying by/at me. If I dont get hit by the bullet, I dont really know if it is me that is getting shot at. I had this happen a lot but below I have linked an example. I have a little gun fight with a Magnum and manage to accidentally mute Rene in TS, he shoots at me by mistake in the confusion right at the end of the highlight and all I hear is the shot coming from the gun. There is no audible sound of the bullet travel. This kinda makes you feel like you arent in a gun fight, it feels like you are never in an danger because unless a bullet hits you, there is no sound. In the first exchange of fire a guy is shooting at me and I dont hear any snaps/cracks etc (im certain the third shot was on target but it didnt register I dont think), all that I hear is the sound of one bullet pinging a tree. It also shows the loud VOIP (id already set the VOIP volume control right down). Finally please note, the gamma is increased in OBS for my viewers, I was playing with flat in game gamma myself...

https://www.twitch.tv/therunningmanz/v/99412827

I'm experiencing the same thing with the sound and now that you mention it, when someone shot at me and missed me I didn't hear the supersonic bullet crack either. If you didn't mention it I would probably never noticed it haha.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, IMT said:

II'm exper iencing the same thing with the sound and now that you mention it, when someone shot at me and missed me I didn't hear the supersonic bullet crack either. If you didn't mention it I would probably never noticed it haha.

Deadlyslob was testing this yesterday, as well.  He had a buddy shoot at him, by him, over him, etc. and he never heard a snap or a whiz.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, plasteek said:

Deadlyslob was testing this yesterday, as well.  He had a buddy shoot at him, by him, over him, etc. and he never heard a snap or a whiz.

The devs already mentioned when they released the first audio update showcase of the guns that the sonic cracking will come back.

They probably haven't configured the bullet cracks for the new audio engine. Its only a bug if they have it in a state that it should be working but it doesn't.

Edited by DannyDog
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

there are experiences in life that every young person just HAS to learn ways to deal with

Lol... I'm not young, I just found it hilarious in a creepy way how the dude was talking. He may have been trying to hide the fact that he's a squeaker.

• Like 1

I've been struggling with a problem affecting all of the 0.61 Exp builds. It hasn't been a big deal, since up until the current build, I've never been on a server for longer than sixty seconds at a time. Now that the servers have become more stable (Whoo Hoo!!!), I had to get to the bottom of why my mouse pointer was invisible.

If you encounter this issue, go into "Control Panel" and try turning off "Mouse Trails." 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, LordBlackwolf said:

I just walked up to an apple tree and I found two dozen apples lying beneath it, on the ground. I suppose the "owner" of the apples was busy beating the snot out of some other poor bastard, while I happily ate his apples.

Thanks for keeping him occupied!!!

• Like 2

On 10.10.2016 at 5:09 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

In regards to render distance on light objects - it is something we are very aware of and have been talking about for awhile. I don't think we'll see a change on that in .61, but rest assured we are *very* aware of it and it has not slipped anyones mind.

As far as changes past .61 - we're talking .61 specifically in this thread. I'll be speaking about .62 and further at PAX Aus.

@Influence_X You where right was this thread :)

@ori42 maybe we will see new infos soon *fingers crossed*

• Like 1