Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

Damn, 40 minutes in queue and my application hung after 5 minutes of playing. Going back to stable, cbf to queue again for 40 minutes =D

Queue for hours and when a server going offline - guys can instantly join it without queue. They need a lot more servers, because guys plays for hours at the time in this game.

Edited by ori42

Played about 1,5 hours and I really liked the new sound of IZH shotgun and fnx silenced, i headed to Mogilevka to meet freshys but found none. Ended to kill zombies and noticed i couldnt loot them. Died with my M4 there via F11 :DDD

psst. the m4 silenced sounded very good

• Like 1

Played for two hours, the only problem I ran into was that kinda laggy, hard to explain gameplay. Everything else worked out pretty good.

I loved the new gun sfx.

Now, I have a nvidia gpu, my friend has a nvidia gpu too and he didn't run into any problems either.

But another friend of mine who has a radeon gpu, said that his gpu started heating up in the queue screen and when he got into the game, his gpu crashed.

Edited by Exorade

The server us northeast 0-1 has only crashed twice within three hours of play but unfortunately everytime it crashes me and my friends characters are wiped :( anyone else experience this ?

• Like 2

I got in quite easily. One queue went into error. The other one no problem. 

Havent played in a while fyi but i must say compared to how it fellt it went a lot smoother now. 

Few complaints; 

-Infected didnt see me a few meters away.

-Finding a rock is just ridiculous. (Didnt find anything)

-saw a few graphical/practical problems like floating loading docks. Will make a note of that. 

Other then that lovin it! (So far)

Keep at it :) 

28 minutes ago, McWendy said:

-Finding a rock is just ridiculous. (Didnt find anything)

I found a rock.  But I know even on stable I have experienced that the chance is so low that its possible you could be trying for a while and other times get it easy.

VOIP sounds seems to be fine heard a guy loud and clear.   As others have said  Zombies noises are way too quiet, but that should be a simple fix.

Edited by komalt

54 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

The server us northeast 0-1 has only crashed twice within three hours of play but unfortunately everytime it crashes me and my friends characters are wiped :( anyone else experience this ?

Yes, I did too. I was in a deerstand when the server crashed/restarted and when I got back on the same server I was a freshie. I thought it was because it crashed/restarted while I was climbing the ladder of the deerstand and that somehow killed me upon rejoining but if you experienced the same thing then it's not the deerstand which killed me but the server.

Home from work, 22nd position in the queue a half-hour ago, now down to one. The Hunt is on.

Ha! Had a restart after two minutes!

Edited by emuthreat

i am noticing that the infected no longer have inventories. also a lot of screen tearing with and without v-sync. 

Played some time on it now. Much better than the previous builds since it did not crash for 30min :D The infected do not see very well and if they tried to run they seemed to stick on the ground.

Found a repeater + shotgun with ammo. The sound of the weapons is good but everything is so quiet.

I did notice some rubber banding but it seemed different from previous patches like the infected the character seemed to stick on the ground and not move as responsive. That happened after I tried the new weapon sound and 5 infected did aggro on me. Some of them did not move (running animation without moving) and one was casing me (with some rubber banding). After I tested if the shotgun on the infected the rubber banding of my character got much better but did not go completely away. So maybe this is related but I doubt that this is a "feedback tracker worthy" report.

So far best patch, but I played on UK 0-7 server, started on account from few days back (near green mountain) i played for 1+ hour and then server crashed, after i logged back it had pulled me back where i started first time (near green mountain),then went other route, and server crashed again after 30-40 mins, when server apeared again, i was still in same location (near green mountain). so none of my progress was saved., now i just tried to move alittle bit and exit, join other or same server and everything was fine...

3 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

I had a rare friendly encounter at the NW Airfield - we test weapon sounds, UMP45, SKS to be exact, sounds awesome! killed zombies at the airfield, I love the new sound system in Dayz! I was actually sniping from ATC, but I felt bad about to take him out since he was so kind to kill all the zombies below the tower, lol. :)

Yeah, some servers have issues to save the character unfortunately. 

Edited by ori42

Joined NE-01 and was 36 in queue. After about 30 minutes I was in and server crashed, and kept crashing every 2-5 minutes when I rejoined. I switched to SC-06 and it stayed up for a long time, 30 mins before first crash and then played for about 45 more minutes before logging out. Infected seemed really slow, and the best way to deal with them was to lock them in houses or run away since they're pretty dangerous with melee combat. Jumping works great, except when I'm walking against a fence it seems to take a few tries, in the open jumping is very responsive. I had to build a campfire to keep from freezing to death. YAY!

Edited by Kohlbar
  • Like 2

Are all the servers down now?

I check marked all boxes in browser except for password and match version.  I see no servers, x on password and many other configurations, no server.

Guess they are down??

Edit:  After relaunching game, I see one server now.  Seems all others are down?

Edited by thebaddestass

Played for about one hour and a half and all i have to say is this may be the patch that will bring me back to Dayz SA :)

Really enjoying the new patch overall...the new lighting is great. The only thing I've noticed that I haven't seen mentioned yet is the speed of the infected. They seem A LOT slower...i can and did  backpedal to outrun them. At first I thought they were stuck in the ground.

After playing a couple hours, it's good to see that things are improving from one test to the next.

One thing I noticed: it looks like they've implemented some sort of "sanity check" between client and server to keep them in sync.  The upside to this is that when you're moving through doorways and narrow corridors, the client will never get hung up on a corner and be out of sync with the server.  That's probably why Hicks was able to say he hasn't seen an instance of "traditional" desync in the latest builds of 0.61.  With these checks in place it should basically be impossible.

The downside is when the server gets busy.  In the past this would result in increased position desync, but now it results in janky-er movement because the sanity checks are constantly adjusting your position.  If they can smooth it out even when the server is under load, that would be a eureka moment, for sure.

Edited by plasteek
  • Like 3

just go back to giving the actual server population numbers.  If people want to gear up on empty servers or just play by themselves...so what?

What I want to do is play full servers with friends. If I see a server 40/50 that's the server we'll hit because we'll bring it up to 45 and it'll soon be 50/50.

Stop trying to hide information from players.

There's absolutely no reason to hide the player numbers from private shards so why do it at all?

The only reason I can think of for hiding the player counts is you want to give people paying money for failing servers a reason to pay next months bill. The only meta gaming going on here is tricking people into thinking renting a server on public is a good idea.

So while playing tonight as dean hall a weird texture glitch happened to his skin.

Before

zXinDoT.jpg

After

Ge1UHxz.jpg

Floating Concrete

VhTtoi7.jpg

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 2

I went into a shed to trap some zombies in and barely squeezed through as I was shutting the door. I ran away, but kept getting yanked back to the room as I was running, I relogged outside in the grass and when I was back in I was inside the room again. Also, I went in a house, opening the doors as I walked in, and my character starting bouncing around the house off the walls. I used my hotbar to pull out a weapon and sprinted out of the house and that fixed it.

Also I ran into a very sad and angry person on the coast who "just wanted to get his first kill on .61" I hope he enjoys the ammo rarity. :)

Edited by Kohlbar

Has anyone had this happen while holding a military tent in their hands? Look down towards the bottom of the screen near his arm and you'll see the tent on the ground even though he should be holding it in his hands.

73O4tmY.jpg

Edited by LordBlackwolf

2 hours ago, freethink said:

just go back to giving the actual server population numbers.  If people want to gear up on empty servers or just play by themselves...so what?

Spoken like a true server hopper.  

Personally i like the idea.  if you are playing with 5 friends just join the cue at the same time and you should get in close together.  not much need to know exact numbers.  if the server is high pop you will see people.  low pop means less people.  If the server is cued then you know it is full.  i think they are definately headed in the right direction.

Just a few thoughts on my experience so far:  The restarts have been a major annoyance, to the point that ai have left plenty of decent gear behind, just because I'm tired of backtracking all the time.  Every time the server goes down, it's like the movie Groundhog Day

I did find a workaround in manually logging out after each major find or substantial distance covered.  This ensures that your progress gets saved to the hive.

Still No sign of wolves, But I have an AKM with 51 rounds in the drum, and an M4 with fixins.

The hunt continues.

• Like 1