Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

36 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I give 2:1 odds that either emu or IMT are the first to kill a wolf bare-handed  

That's interesting, I would definitely have the guts to try it but I think that will be an encounter which I won't win and will never win. At least, I think an human can't beat a wolf in hand-to-hand combat. Also, if they are programmed right, a lone wolf would probably run off at your sight or try to avoid you unless you're threatening to the wolf like being close to their pups, food, etc.

I believe I heard a wolf but as BioHaze mentioned it was probably a fox. I heard something more like a bark, I thought wolves also may make a sound something similar to barking but I might be wrong. It also sounded like the high pitched bark of a fox.

• Like 2

I finally wasn't working when the test came online.  Made it to Mysta from 3 valleys twice, and still on the way.  

It was interesting to see how far back every server disconnect would set my progress.  On my first run, I found a (D)shovel and killed a zombie by the well with a pretty clean 5:1 hit kill, kept running and found a (P)shovel.  Came back to the intersection on coast and did the same thing, minus killing the zombie, found a barrel where the (P)shovel had been and ran it to Mysta.  One time I even found a canteen in a house. Everything kept getting set back, with increasing frequency and decreasing loss of positional progress, but items collected would seem to disappear; the crafted stone knife I made on my first run at it, as well as my rag armband, stayed with me through every restart.

Towards the end of my series of attempts, while the restart interval was just a couple minutes, I heard a series of far-off shots that seemed to be coming from Kamyshovo, even though I was 1500+ meters away.  I thought I heard a far-off howl while approaching Mysta, but the nearest documented spawn would have been nearly 2kM away, so I'm uncertain.

I'm definitely going to focus on trying to get a loud-ass Longhorn working while I run towards some wolves the next opportunity I get.  Perhaps with some cooperation and map coordination, we can get a number on the maximum detection range of some different sounds.  Hopefully some wolfy death-rattles.  First pelt gets the beans.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

I finally wasn't working when the test came online.  Made it to Mysta from 3 valleys twice, and still on the way.  

It was interesting to see how far back every server disconnect would set my progress.  On my first run, I found a (D)shovel and killed a zombie by the well with a pretty clean 5:1 hit kill, kept running and found a (P)shovel.  Came back to the intersection on coast and did the same thing, minus killing the zombie, found a barrel where the (P)shovel had been and ran it to Mysta.  One time I even found a canteen in a house. Everything kept getting set back, with increasing frequency and decreasing loss of positional progress, but items collected would seem to disappear; the crafted stone knife I made on my first run at it, as well as my rag armband, stayed with me through every restart.

Towards the end of my series of attempts, while the restart interval was just a couple minutes, I heard a series of far-off shots that seemed to be coming from Kamyshovo, even though I was 1500+ meters away.  I thought I heard a far-off howl while approaching Mysta, but the nearest documented spawn would have been nearly 2kM away, so I'm uncertain.

I'm definitely going to focus on trying to get a loud-ass Longhorn working while I run towards some wolves the next opportunity I get.  Perhaps with some cooperation and map coordination, we can get a number on the maximum detection range of some different sounds.  Hopefully some wolfy death-rattles.  First pelt gets the beans.

You're on! Instead of racing to the NWAF it's racing to the wolves this time. Remember, wolves travel in packs so if you see one you might be already surrounded and cut off by them so be prepared.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, IMT said:

You're on! Instead of racing to the NWAF it's racing to the wolves this time. Remember, wolves travel in packs so if you see one you might be already surrounded and cut off by them so be prepared.

There's no way I'm going to run after a pack with nothing but the single-shot pistol of doom.  That's why I'll need at least can of tactical bacon for backup. XD

• Like 4

Something maybe related to hit boxes or physics is making melee with infected perform differently.

It seems harder to stay within swinging range than it used to be.

Either the infected are strafing around a bit or some kind unintended collision is taking place.

I know myself and others have mentioned similar experiences but I wanted to be sure it was out there a bit more....

• Like 1

In my experience, keeping the one stunned that I killed with a shovel worked perfectly.  He only got that first hit, and then I just beat him down while adjusting to the right a bit between hits.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Something maybe related to hit boxes or physics is making melee with infected perform differently.

It seems harder to stay within swinging range than it used to be.

Either the infected are strafing around a bit or some kind unintended collision is taking place.

I know myself and others have mentioned similar experiences but I wanted to be sure it was out there a bit more....

Yea there is definitely something up with infected collision. When they start their attack animation it seems like their bbox extends which pushes us.

Also I did a test with my mate and sound also travels at the speed of sound. (if it didnt before) I was at Balota town and he was at the end of the airstrip and he shot and i stopwatched the delay which was about 3 seconds. Did a bit of multiplication and figured out a rough distance (around 900m) and matched it with what it was with the dayztv map ruler and it was pretty accurate. I guess eventually well be able to guess the distance of gunshots when were familiar with it.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

keeping the one stunned that I killed

Yeah, if I get the first strike in and have a clean stagger/strafe combo I can avoid the collision shenanigans.

If you start missing, they will sort of squeeze around you swiping, sometimes really rapidly, just within average melee range.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DannyDog said:

Yea there is definitely something up with infected collision. When they start their attack animation it seems like their bbox extends which pushes us.

Also I did a test with my mate and sound also travels at the speed of sound. (if it didnt before) I was at Balota town and he was at the end of the airstrip and he shot and i stopwatched the delay which was about 3 seconds. Did a bit of multiplication and figured out a rough distance (around 900m) and matched it with what it was with the dayztv map ruler and it was pretty accurate. I guess eventually well be able to guess the distance of gunshots when were familiar with it.

Thanks dude, I love me some realistic physics. too bad balota is by the ocean, I really wanna know if those green hangars turn into bullhorns when a shot is fired from inside one of them.  My steam name is the same as here. Hit me up if you wanna do some experiments once the crashes stabilize a bit.

9 minutes ago, emuthreat said:

Thanks dude, I love me some realistic physics. too bad balota is by the ocean, I really wanna know if those green hangars turn into bullhorns when a shot is fired from inside one of them.  My steam name is the same as here. Hit me up if you wanna do some experiments once the crashes stabilize a bit.

Sure mate ill add you when i wake up (bout to sleep), and afaik guns don't sound different when shot indoors. Pretty sure there are sound samples for indoor shots. I could wrong but i really do hope they add it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

I give 2:1 odds that either emu or IMT are the first to kill a wolf bare-handed  

Emu will run over it with a car and wreck the car... IMT will charm it to death with his superior linguistic skills. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, eno said:

Emu will run over it with a car and wreck the car... IMT will charm it to death with his superior linguistic skills. 

Agreed, both have vocabularies only matched by their fearlessness to approach other players :D

I only hope they figure out the server crashes soon.  No more stable for me, I'm all in.  Experimental crew or bust!

• Like 5

Hell yeah! lets get the old Experimental crew back together again! :D

Edited by Dudester100
  • Like 4

Hello ! 

I have been absent for some months now. Thought i would pop my head up to see how this 61 patch is and what people are reporting back. 

Seems pretty exciting actually, I'm hearing reports of alot more zombies ? Is it consistent through out most towns on the map or pretty random with the amount of zombies in the smaller towns ?

i wanted to check exp servers earlier today but got this error that read "The instruction at 0x007515ce referenced memory at 0x1a6060d0. The memory could not be read."

Anyone else had this error when clicking "change server" in options ?

20 minutes ago, liquidcactus said:

Hello ! 

I have been absent for some months now. Thought i would pop my head up to see how this 61 patch is and what people are reporting back. 

Seems pretty exciting actually, I'm hearing reports of alot more zombies ? Is it consistent through out most towns on the map or pretty random with the amount of zombies in the smaller towns ?

i wanted to check exp servers earlier today but got this error that read "The instruction at 0x007515ce referenced memory at 0x1a6060d0. The memory could not be read."

I had the same problem but it was a different memory address.

It worked after I reopened DayZ and tried again and has been working ever since.

And yea there's a new dynamic zombie spawning system so no longer do they only spawn at server restart.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Hello ! 

There are realy more Zombies, they implement a new dynamic spawn system for them... but as always, it´s the first iteration in this patch and they are hardly fighting against servercrahes. I played two times  new exp. The first stresstest and the fourth. I saw Zombies everywhere I was, small towns big cities but not in the woods or streets between towns. The count varies. Sometimes there were two or three but there are vids on YT with a big horde out of 20 zeds so... we have to wait and test it further after they released a more stable exp version. But it seems VERY promising.

Heres the vid I saw:

Its just at the beginning @00.25

Edited by Arthur Dubrovka
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, emuthreat said:

There's no way I'm going to run after a pack with nothing but the single-shot pistol of doom.  That's why I'll need at least can of tactical bacon for backup. XD

That's what I meant with "be prepared" haha.

14 hours ago, eno said:

They call me the wolf whisperer, I'll tell them in their way of communicating to back off.

5 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Hello ! 

Trust me, they did a job well done! I was wondering if they would even have infected in very small remote area's. BioHaze asked this question but didn't get an answer on his question. So I thought I'd get him some confirmation between the crashes and the clock ticking towards to 06:00 PM yesterday and I did. North of Nadezhdino there is one house (the green one with the stairs) and I wanted to check if there would be any infected over there. And yes there were, I saw 2 of them. So even when there is one house in the middle of nowhere you will find infected. I think every area which has an house can or will have at least one or multiple infected, which is awesome!

1 hour ago, Helldogz said:

257MB Update incoming :-D

Kind of a weird time to run some test servers because in Europe most people are working right now or going to school and in North-America it's either early morning or still night. But an update doesn't necessarily mean there will be servers right now. We will have to wait and see and the most important of all, keep our fingers crossed for a stable Experimental build.

• Like 2

The next few hours will be critical to see if we will have playable experimental servers over the weekend or not.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, komalt said:

The next few hours will be critical to see if we will have playable experimental servers over the weekend or not.

With PAX and all I wouldn't count on it tbh. (Yes, I am baiting you devs to make me look foolish and wrong) :p
But crossing fingers.

THE TEST 1 has been up for a few hours with the latest build, hopefully there is another public test this afternoon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Helldogz said:

257MB Update incoming :-D

As I wasn't able to check when I posted my previous message, where do you have this information from? I do not have any updates for DayZ in my Steam. The last push to the Experimental branch was 23 hours a go, you have an old update. Please read older posts and check your information before giving people hope or spreading false information.

• Like 1

Just had 257.6MB come down the pipe.

This brings me to v0.61.135869.

BTW - I see no servers up at this time.

Edited by BleedoutBill