Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

5 minutes ago, kevo1414 said:

He or she probably killed you for testing purpose :D

Testing that the pick axe sounds are working :p

• Like 1

These are my most loved players. Day1 testing and all they have in mind is testing, if KOS still works.

• Like 1

Better frame rate. All sounds are very quiet. No zed aggro sounds. Zeds still jumping fences. No sign of wolves as of yet. Server crashes. Still fun.

• Like 5

I've been playing on "US SOUTHWEST 0-3" Both today and yesterday. Yesterday I was able to pay for aprox 20 minutes before it crashed. Today it has been less than 5 minutes per sessions. I've had 3 crashes so far. 

2 of the resets I lost my character, one of them it stayed. 

Will edit if i get to play longer and find more to report. 

Edit 1: GUYS PLEASE REMEMBER TO PUT WHICH VERSION YOU'RE PLAYING ON IN YOUR POST

Edited by Influence_X
  • Like 2

I noticed my character resets each time the server goes down. Can happily run around and pick things up, but when the server goes down and I rejoin I'm back where I started. I can even pick up the items I picked up before, as though my character never existed in the first place.

11 minutes ago, Girth Brooks said:

Better frame rate. All sounds are very quiet. No zed aggro sounds. Zeds still jumping fences. No sign of wolves as of yet. Server crashes. Still fun.

Several people had mentioned very loud sounds, such a breathing.

I'm in the same boat as you. I have my PC master volume and the game volume sliders maxed out and I can barely hear footsteps. I didn't really have a chance to see if all sounds were so affected, as I was getting booted off of the server every 30 seconds.

I have't had a chance to hop on today, but I'm glad to hear that the server crash dilemma has been improved..

Patching up for experimental. Here's to hoping the servers will still be up once it finishes the 2 gig download... (fingers crossed)

9 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Patching up for experimental. Here's to hoping the servers will still be up once it finishes the 2 gig download... (fingers crossed)

Good luck to you Odin, most of the servers seem to be down now.  AUS and SNG seem to be the only ones left standing.

im not seeing any servers at all now, one SNG server(14:29)

Edited by koffeekage

All of my encounters began the same way so far, "I'm not here to kill people, I just want to see the build.".

I know Gary met a neutral as well....

• Like 1

I've managed to play a large chuck of the testing from the start up until now. The bug from yesterday is still there it doesn't change a single bit. It crashes when the server has a high number of people in it. Also it could be linked with new dynamic spawn by any way bec when I played on empty server and killed a bunch of zombies the server crashed. 

Also I've noticed a new bug where character breathing sound is loud even when you are in 3rd person before you could barely hear it while being in 3rd person.

Another bug I've seen was when server crashes and you come back in you see some floating items on the ground that previously been on zombies, but it happens rarely. Played for more then an hour on low pop 250+ ping server w/o any crashes only when I killed a bunch of zombies. 

• Like 2

Ohh my... Finally finished downloading. Then just one server (SNG if thats the name). 5 seconds in I meet a Guy. Tells me he's worried about the server crashing again. Another 10 seconds. Then the server crashes.

my .61 experience so far ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Good luck to you Odin, most of the servers seem to be down now.  AUS and SNG seem to be the only ones left standing.

And they're gone...  Never had the chance to test so far...

Here's to hoping the experimental experience will be better soon. I remember the good old days...

Edit: Going back to stable till tomorrow, as I doubt we'll get an update today.

Quick questions based on other members' observations : 

- Why are there still vehicles in this build? Someone (The_Sakura) said he found  a V3S. In a recent status update Hicks said the vehicles would be disabled for this build, as they are trying to figure out all the issues with them.

- Since the tents are causing the servers to restart, why don't they disable them for the time being, or rather, fix the issue directly linked to them? For the first and second "stress tests" of 0.61 experimental, the majority of research was towards finding the reasons to the server crashes. Now that we found out why, shouldn't it be easier to fix?

Anyway, good luck all. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day.

Edited by odin_lowe
additions
  • Like 2

the dayz dev twitter says they want to try to keep EXP online until tomorrow so may be they will come back up...

• Like 1

Just to crush all your hopes of getting in again today:

We're coming up on 8 pm over here in central Europe - Devs probybly calling it a day and rightly so!

4 minutes ago, koffeekage said:

the dayz dev twitter says they want to try to keep EXP online until tomorrow so may be they will come back up...

that post was when they started to open servers... no news is worying to me... might not see more servers tonight.... 

8 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

All of my encounters began the same way so far, "I'm not here to kill people, I just want to see the build.".

I know Gary met a neutral as well....

Yeah I came across about 6 or 7 people in the short time I played, server bouncing in the Komarovo area.  Mostly neutrals just checking things out, one guy was skittish but I think I startled him with the newly booming in-game voice comm, two friendlys that we joined forces to shovel some zeds and one super friendly who emptied all of the guns out the police station into his mountain backpack and offered them to me right there in the street :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, that tweet is 2+ hours old.

If they've gone down wholesale, I imagine they are down for the night.....

Here is to everyone refreshing forums , reddit , and DayZDevTeam twitter waiting for them to say the servers are coming back up.

You are not alone my friends. I'm right here with ya. ;)

• Like 1

yeah hopefully we get the word passed, they do well on telling people about servers getting shut down 

Unfortunately, that tweet is 2+ hours old.

If they've gone down wholesale, I imagine they are down for the night.....