Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

Looks like we may have a potential server crash fix for Experimental. Baty should keep you guys filled in.

Sounds good :D Hope we can play soon :D i love the new Sound´s

• Like 1

On 10/27/2016 at 10:22 AM, jimbo_swe said:

Noticed that the jump action was reliable 100% of the time. Did you rewrite this function so that it's no longer dependent of good server performance?

Update on this - I was incorrect. Mirek informed me that jumping was rewritten to operate in the same way as other player movement.

• Like 14

Hey Survivors,

We will be releasing 0.61 experimental for server crash testing today. Servers will be up for limited time, and as always, if you experience bugs or crashes, use our feedback tracker. The more feedback, the faster we can fix issues, and the closer we get to our goals. Thank you!

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 13

Connection seems solid.

I saw one person get a "client not responding" kick.

Killing a hermit zombie with pick axe performed well.

Not enough infected in the first small town I entered to be truly significant but it is too early judge for the map as a whole.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 1

As soon as I saw the tweet I started copying the files, I hope it's not gonna stop just when I'll get in haha

I've had 2 "connection to host lost" kicks and it looks like my local server has gone down at least once.

The 2nd small town I ran to had many more infected and proved to be a challenge with only a pick axe.

A farmer zombie seemed extra fast with it's attacks and was swiping and strafing around me at an alarming rate.

The other infected I tangled with performed more like they had in the past.

• Like 1

Wow 130 secondspawn timer when going to a new server.  will have to make sure i remember which server im on.  noticing everything is much more responsive.  hotkeys are working amazingly and jump is going good.  new sound and light is epic.  have yet to see zeds.

I had a 5 secondes spawn lol, but I keep losing connection. Also, I get a new character on each server I try after crashing. Now I can't find any

EDIT : I can find servers now

Edited by cal_

Experimental servers are going offline.

After the analysis from Thursday we had a couple crashes to go through, some are rare, some are quite common. We tried to fix the most common one, that is sadly so far unreproducable an in internal enviroment. We will keep doing experimental rounds going forward to close all of these until we hit a stable state.

We thank you for all your help, the data the crashes generate is very valuable and will make things easier for us.

• Like 5

I hopped on three different servers. Each time, I had a "No Message Received" within sixty seconds.

I honestly don't see any difference between this build and the preceding one.

• Like 1

I didn't play the last one but from what I've heard there wasn't really any differences. Also, fps counter displays 100+ but I feel laggy. Am I the only one ?

• Like 1

?interpolation=lanczos-none&output-forma

Version 0.61.135794

Things I noticed playing .61 Exp. (not sure if any of them warrent the bug tracker). I got to play on the southwest US server for approximately 20 minutes before the servers went down, I only experienced one crash. 

- The .22 was super loud (the only gun i found)

- Zombies were quiet in comparison to previous versions of the game

- VOIP was SUPER LOUD, i ran into someone and they were so loud I almost threw my headphones off my head. 

- I only experienced one crash

-Player actions were more quiet (eating, running, breathing)

I thought I wasn't going to like the new server menu, but I actually really do. I cant wait for the queue. 

AND I LOVED LOVED LOVED THE NEW LIGHTING

Edited by Influence_X
Thought of more things
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, blackberrygoo said:

just release to experimental for real already

But the servers only stay up for -5mins at a time and half that time what you've looted doesn't save to the hive. :(

We need teh fix fer realz before any kind of release fer realz.... :/

• Like 3

Bio reminded us on TS that we should get the version number for the record (as Tatanko be asking later)   0.61.135794

Edited by GaryWalnuts
my bad, Influence_x already noted it ^
  • Like 4

36 minutes ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Bio reminded us on TS that we should get the version number for the record (as Tatanko be asking later)   0.61.135794

Thanks for thinking of me guys! :)

• Like 6

Like last time I noticed an interval between server crashes. At the start of the stress test the server would be up for 25 minutes or so and then crash. Then 15 minutes, 10, 5 and then to the point it crashes every minute or two. Thats either because more people jumped on the server or there is something going on each time the server crashes that ends up making it worse.

Zombie loot seemed to be working fine, but zombies themselves seem to be off their position. Feels like they have an invisible force field in front of them. One unexpected consequence of this is that face that it's hard to just knock out zombies with your firsts...but they push you around without any animations or hits. Sort of annoying. 

I also noticed at the airfield I took a shot at a zombie and I initially agro'ed about 15, but seconds later only 3-4 took chase. 

Military loot is spawning correctly inside of military clothing. Awesome change. UMP spawned in a white military tower, not sure if that is intentional.

Overall FPS from my perspective was cut in half. I'm assuming that is because all of the new zombies were on the server. 

Action bar and gunshot sounds are still on point. The most responsive I've ever seen.

Thats about all I was able to test before the server went down again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DeadlySlob said:

Zombie loot seemed to be working fine, but zombies themselves seem to be off their position. Feels like they have an invisible force field in front of them. One unexpected consequence of this is that face that it's hard to just knock out zombies with your firsts...but they push you around without any animations or hits. Sort of annoying. 

Something is off with the way the Infected are interacting with players.

While in a boxing match with a pair, they would hit me and would force me to slide back a foot or two. When I got up against a waist high fence, the infected would hit me, and it would push me through the fence, forcing the zeds to run around the fence to get back to me.

Didn't get in today but the one Friday had the same issue with being pushed through objects.  I got forced into a corner of the police station where I could not get out.   Only relogging allowed me to escape the corner between fallen shelves where the zed pushed me.

• Like 1

First time I got on a server I was able to play about 15 minutes without crashing. After that it got worse, 5 minutes, a few minutes.. just as @DeadlySlob described.

I also experienced my character being pushed by the infected in a weird way.

Positive things was that the actionbar seemed to be very responsive and that I really felt like not looting a few houses because the infected really felt like a threat.

oh and the new audio and lightning technology, wow!

3 hours ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Experimental servers are going offline.

After the analysis from Thursday we had a couple crashes to go through, some are rare, some are quite common. We tried to fix the most common one, that is sadly so far unreproducable an in internal enviroment. We will keep doing experimental rounds going forward to close all of these until we hit a stable state.

We thank you for all your help, the data the crashes generate is very valuable and will make things easier for us.

The test was really short today, did you get some good data from the test period? 

Hello,

I've made a video of combined clips from exp server test session that happened today here is some time stamps as well since the video is close to 30 min.

0:00 -  4:45 Running from Cherno to new Balota barracks building.
6:50 -  7:20 1v1 shootout at New Balota barracks building.
9:45  - 14:10 Random gameplay that I felt like throwing in.
14:13  -  26:14 Playing on some high ping server (200+) and killing some zombies testing out dynamic spawn and respawn. 

The server with 200+ ping had low pop and thats why server was not crashing also the lag and stuttering you see in the video was bec of my obs setting. The game was running good while I was playing.

@biohaze thanks.

Edited by Im from uk
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Im from uk said:

I don't know how to embed a vid here so just click the link instead.

Copy the url directly from the address bar of your browser not the share link from youtube.

• Like 1