Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

38 minutes ago, zemos (DayZ) said:

@DannyDog thats a question i also have been thinking about.. [I saw afterwards, that something got wrong here, i couldnt see/find DannyDog's post xD]

I would like to add one question, kinda regarding the same thing (my English isnt the best, so bare with me):

One thing that i really dont like(but its okey, its not that i dont play the game) in a lot of games, is that the default light is to bright.. It  could be outside in a alley between two houses that blocks out sunlight or in like every house, where the rooms is to illuminated. It would be nice if the darker areas was actually dark(+ shadows). I mean, it often feels like that every sqm/sq inch has the same "light" value... (Now that i think about it, maybe that just my gamma/light setting hehe)

PS Are you gonna add so we can see dirt particles/dust in "light rays"? EX when sunlight, light up a room through a window...

Which with the dynamic light is still introduced. Some time ago some pictures of Staroye were seen. I think this is done with an automatic gamma sensivity. It looks quite realistic at any rate.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

Personally I think the whole public hive system is kinda stupid.

I think that can be fun.

I mean, for me it's cool that people can go and meet in a town to pvp with their gear (without cheaters and not everyday, that would get boring...)

Anyway like @VVarhead said, I think atm you can only play the "real DayZ" in private hive servers.

• Like 1

I believe u have similar playerbase on private compare to public hives. The main difference - its easy to gear up on almost empty public servers - so most players have end game gear even in cities on public servers. Its easy to hide a tent on an empty server with loot and fast to gear up compare to private hives. The community and the player base is the same, but a private hive create a different play style pattern in comparison. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 2

@zemos (DayZ) It would be nice if they eventually touch or explain the extent of graphics technology they intend on implementing into the new Enfusion engine because of its purpose to become the mainstream engine to use for their future Bohemia Interactive titles.

I'm optimistic in seeing things like VXGI (global illumination) or Volumetric lighting make it into the game. (Though i'm sure its a topic the devs have already internally talked about and whether its feasible in terms of performance)

• Like 1

Uhm am I missing something? My experimental client updated to .61 was a 2gb update but no servers yet? 

Edit; Nevermind.. Got excited for no reason ..lol

Edited by Masprotech

exp. was online for a few hours of testing. i hope it will come back soon :D

Edited by TheHappyMile

I think they may release experimental wednesday. I hope they'll do, playing dayz is gonna get so intense !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cal_ said:

I think they may release experimental wednesday. I hope they'll do, playing dayz is gonna get so intense !

Why Wednesday? The last Exp. and stable launched when they were ready. 0.60 came on a Friday.

sure about Friday? From what I took they don't do Friday releases anymore due to the possibility of game breaking bugs and no chance of acting on it during the weekend. But memory might serve me wrong

44 minutes ago, Noctoras said:

sure about Friday? From what I took they don't do Friday releases anymore due to the possibility of game breaking bugs and no chance of acting on it during the weekend. But memory might serve me wrong

Ha, I remember how much fun that was but don't recall them saying they wouldn't do it again though.

I'm patiently, quietly really looking forward to this one.

• Like 3

You're right @Noctoras, the devs said they won't release anything on a friday because of the weekend, I remember I found that weird when experimental .60 has been released, on a friday.

@Helldogz Idk, the usual day is wednesday for releasing patches, isn't it ? Because there's the maintenance

• Like 1

ah, okay, so I got that mixed up ...but was only 50% wrong ;)

thanks for helping me out, guys

• Like 1

If anyone would like to check out what Dolina looks like now after its remodel, here is some footage from my livestream

• Like 4

Please for the love of alls the gods let me be able to look straight up into the night sky again after this update.

I'm honestly not asking for much here. I don't even want to be able to AIM that high - just be able to look up.

Not gonna play it if I can't. I've become crazy-stubborn like that. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, themightylc said:

Please for the love of alls the gods let me be able to look straight up into the night sky again after this update.

I'm honestly not asking for much here. I don't even want to be able to AIM that high - just be able to look up.

I really doubt that will be fixed.  Maybe once the new player controller is in, I think that's in .62. They're done fixing problems in place holder systems.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cal_ said:

You're right @Noctoras, the devs said they won't release anything on a friday because of the weekend, I remember I found that weird when experimental .60 has been released, on a friday.

@Helldogz Idk, the usual day is wednesday for releasing patches, isn't it ? Because there's the maintenance

The stable updates were released very often on Wednesday because the server hosters just brought on the new version and could save extra work.

The experimental normally go online when they are ready, a fix maintenance loop wouldn't make sense there, in the 0.58 or 0.59 we saw daily updates for exp. when I remember right.
Therefore they bring it up when it's ready to test. It's not impossible that it shows up on a Wednesday but has not to be Wednesday.

Hopefully some day next week. 

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Any word on if .61 is going to be a "colder" patch than .60? I would love to have to build fires again, and wear winter clothing!

#MakeDayZcoldagain

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) Posted a video of some .61 gameplay way back on page two of this thread.  It looked like he had a pretty acute struggle to keep from dying of hypOthermia.  I'm optimistic, Cautiously OptimisticTM.

Edited by emuthreat
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Influence_X said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Any word on if .61 is going to be a "colder" patch than .60? I would love to have to build fires again, and wear winter clothing!

#MakeDayZcoldagain

Well, that is really going to depend on the weather, which is fairly random. If it rains, I'm definitely hoping to see that become a risk.

• Like 2

On 10/29/2016 at 8:41 AM, MrJoe (DayZ) said:

Can't wait for .61, looks like an amazing update.  However I think .62 will change the game in a truely great way

Woah there bud, we haven't even said what .62 will be. I'm just saying, speculation is never a good idea.
Wait until we actually start talking about the .62 milestone goals.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Woah there bud, we haven't even said what .62 will be. I'm just saying, speculation is never a good idea.
Wait until we actually start talking about the .62 milestone goals.

PAX hype then? :)

Brian we saw you in a very short gameplay video, a few day(z) ago, having a lot of problems with temperature. Remember? You had to start up a fire and you lost a lot of blood...and one of your friends wanted to give you a saline but you guys had no IV start kit...if I remember correctly. My question is temperature related: will we still have overheating problems? You just said that it will depend on the weather...can you explain that a litlle bit more? Does it mean that clouds, fog areas, rain, forrest shadows will actually change body temperature in such a fast manner? I mean, it took us 20 minutes or more to lower the temperature from hyper to overheating. Will temperature be more realistic this patch? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Helldogz said:

The stable updates were released very often on Wednesday because the server hosters just brought on the new version and could save extra work.

The experimental normally go online when they are ready, a fix maintenance loop wouldn't make sense there, in the 0.58 or 0.59 we saw daily updates for exp. when I remember right.
Therefore they bring it up when it's ready to test. It's not impossible that it shows up on a Wednesday but has not to be Wednesday.

Thanks for the info ! I tought wednesday was a good day because there was already maintenance, and doing 2 things at one time was a good idea (i tought).

16 hours ago, themightylc said:

Although this may seem arbitrary, I too desire the ability to look up. I've been shooting lots of footage of Chernarus over the last week and wow, not being able to look up made things difficult when looking at the beautiful skies in this game! I second this argument. We really would like to be able to look up...even if it's just a little bit more than what we can achieve now. 

I wonder how long the update with the new player controller will take.

• Like 1