Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

Need to reboot in to w10 then! If i cant get in to any of the server, ill be glad to just see the new server browser :D

Edited by zemos (DayZ)

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Alright - to elaborate a bit more..

The goal here today is to generate data (via internal profiling tools and logs) for the gameplay programming team to continue their work on improving those two blockers listed in the Status Report. We're currently not certain how *long* the servers will be online, but we're aiming to get them up today.

So - temper your expectations. This will be the first time we've seen it operate under a larger userbase - so if possible, make sure you are recording your gameplay and can either open tickets on the feedback tracker, or make posts on the forums detailing any issues you encounter.

Sounds good, anything special to test/ concentrate on gameplay?

• Like 1

In the gameplay from the other day we saw one of your freinds, Brian, playing with a supressed MP5. The Smg had a scope attached. Are the scopes for MP5 and FAL fixed? Can you confirm that?

3 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Alright - to elaborate a bit more..

The goal here today is to generate data (via internal profiling tools and logs) for the gameplay programming team to continue their work on improving those two blockers listed in the Status Report. We're currently not certain how *long* the servers will be online, but we're aiming to get them up today.

So - temper your expectations. This will be the first time we've seen it operate under a larger userbase - so if possible, make sure you are recording your gameplay and can either open tickets on the feedback tracker, or make posts on the forums detailing any issues you encounter.

If I get to play it I will be recording as well as twitch, Lol

4 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hey guys - heads up for you.

We are at a point in which we need to gather some more data in order to continue improving server performance, so we're going to try and get some exp .61 servers up today for that purpose.

Will post some more about this shortly, but I have a few meetings I need to make.

umm, I think I love you Hicks

• Like 1

Oh one quick question, is the 200% res. still a "problem" in 061?

Edited by zemos (DayZ)

2 hours ago, GDZ_saiboT said:

Sounds good, anything special to test/ concentrate on gameplay?

Mostly player to player sync - as that is the easiest for you guys to see.

Sliding, weird position problems with other players, that sort of stuff.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Redseven said:

In the gameplay from the other day we saw one of your freinds, Brian, playing with a supressed MP5. The Smg had a scope attached. Are the scopes for MP5 and FAL fixed? Can you confirm that?

For the MP5 they appear to be (I havent used one yet) - as far as FAL goes, Im uncertain and I dont want to bother QA right now as they are helping with the exp roll out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, uhDesire said:

Will there be any new weapons? What all will be in experimental?

Here you can read what will be new on exp .61

Hey Survivors, 

As you know we've been working hard toward the goal of getting 0.61 to you. That said, we will be releasing 0.61 experimental for a LIMITED TIME (1-2 hours) to stress test the login queue and to collect performance logs from the servers. Again, this is a very limited release of 0.61 for data collection, but its a step forward. We will be stoked if you recorded your gameplay and/or open tickets on the Feedback Tracker to let us know what you're experiencing. Remember, testing feedback gets us closer to regular play. 

Mirek Maněna has a message for you about some known issues on Experimental servers:

"As said before, this release serves mainly to gather important data, so try to limit expectations. 0.61 has a lot of changes (particularly in networking) compared to 0.60, so many unexpected things can occur in the live environment. It's even possible that servers won't work at all when many players attempt to connect, but at least this will help us discover if there's something wrong with the new login queue. As always in first experimental iterations, expect possible client/server crashes. Also, you can expect all of the blockers mentioned in the latest Status Report. 

Another note, don't expect vehicles, as we're still working on them per our last Status Report. Sure, this isn't ideal from a playing perspective, but this is quite a big deal from the testing side. If the servers can handle the player load that will be put on them, we believe those that get in will find quite a bit of improvement. We hope you enjoy those, and as always, we appreciate your participation."

• Like 6

15 minutes ago, uhDesire said:

Will there be any new weapons? What all will be in experimental?

No - there will be no new weapons or items that impact animations / new scripts until the new animation system.

The list of things to expect in .61 is:

Server Login Queue

Merge of New Audio Technology from Arma 3 Eden Update.

Update of Weapon Sounds for New Audio Technology.

Dynamic Spawning of Infected.

Predators (Wolves)

Dynamic Shadows

Network Synchronization Improvements

New Server Browser

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

The list of things to expect in .61 is:

Thanks for clarifying, Brian.

Can anyone get me a build number? I'm at work or I'd check myself.

Well if it's rly 2 gig. and the servers are up for 1/2 hrs (like dayz TV said) I'm unfortunately out :-/ (6k Cable means 1 hour for Download)

I was in for 5 minutes. found one player, no desync. Seems the double click on caps lock doesn't work anymore, communication is cumbersome, if I always have to HOLD the button. Else the zeds seem to act a bit differently (only met one), actually saw a zed jump (not climb walls, jump). not sure if that was intended, but it looked interesting.

Edit 2nd try: Picked a white male character. Started as a black female....  

Edited by Noctoras

3 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I don't see any servers personally....

0SjzkaE.jpg

maybe proper version match?

4 minutes ago, jappegaming said:

maybe proper version match?

Checked that, no difference for me.

Also tried show full servers, no dice.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣

Ive been checking the forums multiple times a day for this, and of course I am working double shifts through the weekend lol. Very excited about this patch. Make me some videos from .61 so I can live vicariously through you guys while at work lol.