Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

19 minutes ago, Gearz said:

Ugh... troll often?

If trolling is answering your points with what should basically be common knowledge for such a deeply invested 5k hour player, then I am the God of Trolls, yes.

All hail.

• Like 2

On 9/28/2016 at 3:22 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hey guys - 0.61 is not on Experimental yet, however - given as we are focusing primarily on addressing must fix issues, I thought we could start discussion on it - and I could share my thoughts and experiences during internal testing.

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Howdy Sir Hicks, my first question was regarding whether or not there is any chance of seeing .61 EXP launch on or around Halloween? Just want to point out that next Wednesday (November 2nd) is "The Day of The Dead", which would make for a fitting date!

I also had a question regarding light rendering, and whether or not the viewable distance of light sources will increase to match the distance at which we can see objects (1km or so?). Being able to see a campfire on a hill at a 1km radius would make an excellent Bambi magnet.

I had a few other questions but they are not .61 related exactly. I was wondering about internal time estimates on vehicle permanence, and also on Aircraft. I do totally understand why making any sort of promise, or anything that can possibly be misconstrued as a promise, amounts to a massive headache waiting to happen when un-forseeable obstacles arise, but perhaps you could tease us with some media or how many milestone updates we are away from possibly seeing the first aircraft iterations?

As an even more unrelated aside, the most recent dev report dropped a hint at "upcoming large scale changes to the map" which has me really titillated. It promised more on that in the future, but could you give us a more specific hint? :D

• Like 1

Think the dev team should devo have a look at implementing the star citizen network bubble tech (the one that allows players to walk around huge ships without flipping through) into Dayz. 

Imagine being able to run around the bus while someone drove. Shooting infected as you go. Or driving a vehicle into the back of cargo plane etc

On 10/25/2016 at 0:24 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Well, turns out that most all of the posts since my last visit were just you guys talking to each other =P

I asked a pretty clearly stated series of questions relating to how sounds will behave in the environment, and got a few people (including Boneboys) who saw it fit to direct me to purchase and play Arma III, or go look over the same demonstration videos I've already seen, for examples of Eden tech.

I didn't even get so much as a link to a written list of Eden features and functionality.  I'll assume that someone just forgot that this was the .61 discussion thread, and that my specific questions were asking which of these sound behaviors for gunshots we should be expecting to see in .61.
I've googled it, I've searched these forums, and I've asked directly.  The best documentation I've found to explain Eden at all was this ambiguously worded promotional page, and it makes no mention of whether reflective amplification will take place, such as would happen in long, steep valleys or large industrial buildings.

Is there any way I can get an answer on this?  It would save me hours of trying to convince my friends to do frustratingly tedious and dangerously loud physics experiments on jam-packed full experimental servers on day one.  I'd much prefer to hit the ground running in this respect.

Thanks.

• Like 2

I just want to throw in my deep respect and appreciation for all the amazing work the devs are doing to make this game interesting on so many levels.

• Like 2

On 10/25/2016 at 0:00 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hey guys - haven't been on the forums in a few days, but as we're prepping the SR I had a quickly cut together snippit of some of the testing of dynamic infected spawns for you all to see. 

Hope you enjoy it - I will swing by after the SR to catch up on questions and comments!

So does this mean that the infected will have a chance to spawn inside buildiings in .61? At 53 seconds there is a house with some infected in it. Did those things actually spawn in there? Also, WILL INFECTED HAVE FOOTSTEP NOISES?!?! I missed it the first time I watched the video on my cellphone, but when I put on headphones and turn it up, you can clearly hear footstep sounds coming from the infected guys in the house. Whenever they get near you can actually hear their steps before they get to you! My only question is about the dynamically positioned sounds, especially infected groans. Will that be in .61? It was hard to tell from the video. Looks and sounds great either way, and I can't wait to try it!

Edited by JBURNS489

Hey guys - heads up for you.

We are at a point in which we need to gather some more data in order to continue improving server performance, so we're going to try and get some exp .61 servers up today for that purpose.

Will post some more about this shortly, but I have a few meetings I need to make.

• Like 14

Alright - to elaborate a bit more..

The goal here today is to generate data (via internal profiling tools and logs) for the gameplay programming team to continue their work on improving those two blockers listed in the Status Report. We're currently not certain how *long* the servers will be online, but we're aiming to get them up today.

So - temper your expectations. This will be the first time we've seen it operate under a larger userbase - so if possible, make sure you are recording your gameplay and can either open tickets on the feedback tracker, or make posts on the forums detailing any issues you encounter.

• Like 9

14 hours ago, hemtek said:

Oups sorry ! I didn't express myself clear !  I mean the stream that was on DayZ pax East with Mr. blackout !

Keep up the good works and good luck with the last blockers !

Ohh!

I don't believe so no, unfortunately the .61 timeline does not line up with an opportunity like that. While I will be at PAX Australia - the infrastructure we have set up there does not provide us that chance.

I hope dedicated players will get in, ones devoted to testing. Not KOS assholes and trollers.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I hope dedicated players will get in, ones devoted to testing. Not KOS assholes and trollers.

It will be a real test to the new server ques, that's for sure :)

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

The goal here today is to generate data (via internal profiling tools and logs) for the gameplay programming team to continue their work on improving those two blockers listed in the Status Report. We're currently not certain how *long* the servers will be online, but we're aiming to get them up today.

So - temper your expectations. This will be the first time we've seen it operate under a larger userbase - so if possible, make sure you are recording your gameplay and can either open tickets on the feedback tracker, or make posts on the forums detailing any issues you encounter.

And thats exactly what i was talkin about in last status report! Good job i can bet people here will be best help to find solutions! :)

40 minutes ago, cs_wolf said:

How many servers we talking here brian ? :P

We are looking at putting up 15 game server instances for this test.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Influence_X said:

You could always answer my earlier question about whether or not the light render distance will change this coming patch, or is still being held off until beta ;p

Like this screenshot. Will flares do this with the light render upgrade in .61? Look how far away that is :D 

BTW: keep up the great work, I love how everything is coming along. 

JbShCmt.jpg

While we have setup functionality for customizing rendering distance on objects in script, I don't expect to see any of this setup in .61 specifically.

• Like 1

I will also help with all that i can. Will youtube videos with bugs/server issues also help? 

1 hour ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

While we have setup functionality for customizing rendering distance on objects in script, I don't expect to see any of this setup in .61 specifically.

But its on the to do list, am I right? Not for .61 but till beta or 1.0...

"I will also help with all that i can. Will youtube videos with bugs/server issues also help?"

It wiil be great for our Feedback Tracker.

Edited by Baty Alquawen
  • Like 1