Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

Hello !

I don't like the trumpet sound ! looks like the shotgun sound from a previous video !

silenced gun sound amazing !

lot of zombie ! I love this ! i have had an experience with lot of zombie like that in 0.60 that was amazing (like 20 infected eating my unconscious buddy then run to us when they finish eating my friend ) !

Keep up the good works !

Edited by hemtek

When are players going to easily climb over tall fences like that shown in your video?

• Like 2

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Hello Hicks and the DayZ dev team. Just wanted to say I absolutely loved the Oct, 22 preview video. 

Good luck getting the last of the blockers taken care of. 

If I had to give an opinion, after looking at the Status report I have to say that I do not like that I cant tell if a server is morning/evening, just day/night. Why get rid of the clock?

Well, turns out that most all of the posts since my last visit were just you guys talking to each other =P

7 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Well, turns out that most all of the posts since my last visit were just you guys talking to each other =P

I want to talk to you. Specifically, keep telling your team: keep up the amazing work!!! The patience you all have when it comes to chiseling away at this monumental design challenge is awe inspiring. A few more hurdles, and this is going to be one of the most significant advancements in multiplayer game engine design this decade.

Also thanks for the lengthy preview, I could watch zombies filter into the streets at you guys all day.

• Like 6

Hello brian hicks ! 

Are you going to make some stream 0.61 like you did before the start of the 0.60 experimental ?

24 minutes ago, hemtek said:

Hello brian hicks ! 

Are you going to make some stream 0.61 like you did before the start of the 0.60 experimental ?

I didnt stream before .60?

3 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hope you enjoy it - I will swing by after the SR to catch up on questions and comments!
watch?v=mK3Hl5ay3r4

Love it.

I'm curious what will happen if someone is standing behind the doors, on the other side, when you open them.
As far as I understand door collision will be removed and doors will just swing away from you? So if someone is standing on the other side, the door will go through them?

Well that sounds kinda like a mediocre solutions. Maybe make a new "blocked" state for doors, when someone is standing close behind them? It's realistic and could fit into the game, I can see how that could be abused and really annoying to the player sometimes. But still seems better to me than opening the doors and finding a player aiming a gun on your head in their place.

Edited by xetro

4 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

I had a quickly cut together snippit of some of the testing of dynamic infected spawns for you all to see. 

Will it be like this in every town/village? Or there will be zombie free towns like in .60? 

5 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Yeah, since the status reports have taken a more current approach, I'm pretty well informed. 

I think everyone is just waiting to see how the dynamic spawning system plays. The game is riding on it.

I can put up with so much - stuck transitioning, falling through stairs, infected walking through walls, invisible infected, only chickens or apples to eat, too much fricken food, pop cans opening everywhere I go, fences creaking in the forest, the fucking add action from OFP, trucks in warp drive, items disappearing in inventory, vaulting a minute later, my tent disappeared but I cant prove it, I found a truck then get in and die, clean water water everywhere, I could go on. But as a survivor, I need infected numbers to go up or make it hard in some other way.

6 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

My apologies, for not directing my question specifically to you.     When are players going to be able to climb over tall fences, like that shown in your video?   The new village and town redesigns look great in the latest Status Report!   Any plans on smaller Fire House versions for these tinier communities?

Question for the devs. The imported engine from arma 3, is it going to actually work or is network sync and server performance going to have the possibility to effect it? Meaning if desync and server performance is bad enough will we still not be hearing gunshots? Or the possibility of hearing delayed shots catching up like how bad desync is currently in gun fights?? Also, what is the cle going to look like in .60 the current lotting is terrible. It forces anyone that wants to protect themselves or to hunt to run into military zones because nothing spawns that is worth looting in town currently. Thanks.

Loving the mist/fog on the coast. It's natural and appropriate and allows fresh spawns a little bit of security. The driving rain is fantastic! I'm really excited to see the new run animations and the changes coming in the terrain and villages. The work that was done in Cherno is perfect. Much more terrain for confrontation. The loot system, save for the duping, works well and seems to drive people inland.

My personal hopes for the game.

1. Dangerous zombies. What I mean by that is when you see a zombie it should literally get your adrenaline flowing. Two or more should be able to easily take you down. The running speed would be nice if it were randomized so you never would know if you could outrun a zombie or not. Love the changes in the zombie attire. More than once I've found myself wondering if it was a player or not. Why not some children?

2. Surviving is now getting more and more difficult. Which it should be. Some players whine that there isn't food but I beg to differ. Growing, harvesting and scavenging are all parts of the survival gameplay. Would be nice to see this expanded on. Needing fertilizer to grow food just seems to be overkill. Garden plots need to despawn, meat needs to spoil, vegetables need to rot with time unless they are prepared for long term storage. Body temp is interesting and love that you have to make emergency stops to build fires or cool off. The clothing should have more of an impact on the player temperature. I live in the mountains in Colorado and know all too well the threat of exposure.

3. Base building scares me. A group of friends and I were discussing various ways to work around the possibility that people would be building ridiculous bases. Burying containers or constructed boxes would be a great way to stash gear. Being able to build netting to cover barrels or cars would work as well. I also liked the persistent backpacks from a few iterations ago. Tents make no sense because the are so easily seen. Anyone in their right mind that is trying to survive would do everything possible to conceal their stashes. I'm hoping that base building is limited to boarding off existing structures at the most. I just can't seem to wrap my head around 30-40 huge bases on the map, creating so much lag.

4. More predators. Wolves are looking good and I'm hoping mountain lions, packs of wild dogs and bears make it in as well. I can't wait to have the necessity of a solid weapon and traveling with partners to survive in the field. It's just so easy now and it doesn't push the need for cooperation. I understand the lone wolf mentality but in reality lone wolves would never make it. The best gameplay in DayZ involves interaction, good or bad and anything that encourages it should be used. I've met some great friends and some fantastic enemies in the game!

5. Sounds. NO ONE eats that loudly or drinks that loudly. You should be able to creep along very quietly at a very slow pace. Imagine being able to sneak up but having the risk of snapping a twig or two. Also, spooking animals. The birds taking flight sound now should coincide with player movement near you. Your own breathing shouldn't be that loud. Your mind has a way of compensating for it. Keep it loud for other players. The female characters are the worst. Wind along ridges could be really loud. Tree leaves make a lot of noise as well.

I'm really excited to see what the modding phase of the game will bring.

I still play .60 a lot but many of my friends are giving up on DayZ. I hope they come back for .61. LOVE THE GAME. Would love to be involved in testing. Have well over 5,000 hours in game.

On 10/22/2016 at 4:53 AM, igor-vk said:

Search for Arma 3 video from Dislexy, or some other milsim groups or Arma 3 yt chanel. Every situation is different. There are still anoying "pop" sounds but some weapons have awesome souds and make a lot of noise.

I have a shooting range near where I live and surprisingly a number of guns make a dull popping noise in the distance.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

I always thought it was stupid that you could just strafe around a zombie with an axe and it would never be able to hit you. At 01:46 I learned that it is indeed a viable tactic. The infected are learning.

On that note, given that guns are getting an audio makeover, will we see new sounds for melee weapons in .61? I'm not in the business of bludgeoning people to death, but I assume it wouldn't sound like a rubber ball landing gently on a wooden surface. I expect we'll see new melee weapon sounds, environment sounds and so on eventually, I'm just wondering if they'll feature in .61.

6 hours ago, Gearz said:

Have well over 5,000 hours in game.

Yet you do not seem to have taken a fraction of that time to READ about he development of the game.

A number of things in your post make this very obvious.

6 hours ago, Gearz said:

I'm hoping that base building is limited to boarding off existing structures at the most.

wt2.png

6 hours ago, Gearz said:

Sounds. NO ONE eats that loudly or drinks that loudly.

.61 will include the first iteration of the new sound module. Everything you have been listening to has been legacy components of the mod!

This means that SOME of the the sounds will be updated, like gun fire, and all of this is work in progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please take some time to read the last few status reports and I think you'll find there are aspects of DayZ development you have been greatly neglecting by only playing the ALPHA.

22 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

I didnt stream before .60?

Oups sorry ! I didn't express myself clear !  I mean the stream that was on DayZ pax East with Mr. blackout !

Keep up the good works and good luck with the last blockers !

23 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

You could always answer my earlier question about whether or not the light render distance will change this coming patch, or is still being held off until beta ;p

Like this screenshot. Will flares do this with the light render upgrade in .61? Look how far away that is :D 

BTW: keep up the great work, I love how everything is coming along. 

JbShCmt.jpg

Edited by Influence_X
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yet you do not seem to have taken a fraction of that time to READ about he development of the game.

A number of things in your post make this very obvious.

Reveal hidden contents

wt2.png

.61 will include the first iteration of the new sound module. Everything you have been listening to has been legacy components of the mod!

This means that SOME of the the sounds will be updated, like gun fire, and all of this is work in progress.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please take some time to read the last few status reports and I think you'll find there are aspects of DayZ development you have been greatly neglecting by only playing the ALPHA.

Ugh... troll often?