Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

17 hours ago, exwoll said:

Add to that hunting posts not spawning anything in weeks. Haven't found any hunting pants in a long time

I found a hunting backpack in a hunting stand last night . Right on the north side of Cherno actually . Also I've found Winchester rounds all over , mostly near military I believe .

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, imunone said:

what about abandoned survivor bases as dynamic events? I think in PZ they implemnted that lately... sometimes you find barrickaded houses with lots of canned food and maybe a gun and ammo

Best idea ever!

I would also like to understand the paragraph explaining the trigger of the dynamic spawning on areas.

Edited by EdStaffordZombie
forgot one topic

"Abandoned safehouse" might be a cool dynamic loot event but there should be more infected around such a thing to raise the risk/reward quotient.

After rereading the status report regarding dynamic spawning I think I understand what area spawn vs player spawn might mean.

An area will always spawn a base number of infected in addition to the globally spawned infected when a player or players enters an area using multiple factors to decide their numbers other than player count such as, size of town/city, and value of average loot in area, which actually makes a bit more sense.

Per player allowed for meta gaming as you could estimate the size of a party if you can observe the number of infected their presence spawned.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

"Abandoned safehouse" might be a cool dynamic loot event but there should be more infected around such a thing to raise the risk/reward quotient.

True! The same for crashsites maybe police cars too... but not always. Sometimes you just be the lucky one.

And because of crashsites... Damn I m playin ccg exile the last few days and they implemented that you see the helicopters crashing... it's so awesome! I hope this will be implemented in a mod some dayz.

56 minutes ago, imunone said:

True! The same for crashsites maybe police cars too... but not always. Sometimes you just be the lucky one.

The mod had military infected piling out of crashed helicopters like a clown car, funny to watch.

And yes, police infected around the police cars would be cool too....

• Like 1

We need Schrodinger's Zombies, I think.

Or a time machine to bring back servers from 5 years from now that fully loot stock and populate Chernarus without a single frame dropped?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give SA .61

Realistically, do we think we'll see this in 1 Week, 2 Weeks. . A month? - What are the opinions?

I imagine it'll be closer to 2 Weeks still. .

Looking forward to seeing how light works in DayZ now, if night and darkness are somehow shaded down with the new *Light* effect. Hopefully vehicles will work as well. . Just need to get those Physics to GTA 5 level. 

36 minutes ago, Espa said:

I imagine it'll be closer to 2 Weeks still. .

2-4 weeks is optimistic but that's what I'm hoping. -_-

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

2-4 weeks is optimistic but that's what I'm hoping. -_-

I know right now it's pretty excruciating to wait. . But I have a feeling that when the patch comes out, I'll be back onto those RPPvP servers messing around. Most of the stuff I've wanted will be introduced finally - Good spawning infected with loot, predators, upgraded sound, and upgraded light.

It'll be a boss patch. . I wonder what they have up next for us, for .62. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ori42 said:

It`s the same with wincehster ammo - not seen any for weeks - I think duping issues somewhat interact with the overall loot tables. 

Check in hunting jackets and pants, I often find stacks of 20 rounds in them. Just yesterday I found 40 .308 in those, and I'm not even using weapons that need them, so I just give them away or trade them. 

I often find boxes of .308 on the "gun house" too, and at NATO (UH-1Y) smoking crash sites.

• Like 1

I'm curious about the duping issue.

I'm sure many of you who are still here, and have been for a long time remember that back in late 2014, early 2015, Eugene talked about a solution for duping: Every item in the game had a single ID tag attached to it, and when an item was duped, the item with the same ID tag was immediately deleted.

Well, since then, we never heard again about the solution/fix, and the duping problem have never left completely...

With this in mind, can we at least expect a global wipe for when 0.61 hit stable? At least it would "clean" the servers and everyone would start fresh. (And since one of the current "must fix" issue is : Known 0.60 item duplication methods. I was hoping that Eugene's solution might finally be implemented.)

• Like 3

It will be still possible to clear an area of infected?

The system will be "the same" as before but with more zombies where the server keeps the track of all infected but instead of spawning zombies at all times  zombies will only spawn if close to players? I hope it makes sense :P

19 hours ago, blackberrygoo said:

I found a hunting backpack in a hunting stand last night . Right on the north side of Cherno actually . Also I've found Winchester rounds all over , mostly near military I believe .

I notice loot plosion again - too many pistols in one location. 

At least some gear spawn in police stations again.

Yes, I`ve seen lots of 308 rounds - I carry 120 + a scorpion mag - still looking for a scorpion weapon though so rare to find it. 

Edited by ori42

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Please correct the errors when the macro r duplicate ammo

You should also be secured better server files because they were alienated and again I've seen 0.60 warez servers replace who is estranged

On 9/29/2016 at 2:41 PM, blackberrygoo said:

It sounds like too many loot piles are gathered together in one location - it should be more spread out and easier to discover - I think there are some issues with loot distribution on 0.60 at the moment. 

With all the work being done to weapons, I wonder if there will be new animations for chambering guns in addition to magazine loading animations? Still excited for when strip clips have a purpose

7 hours ago, Kohlbar said:

With all the work being done to weapons, I wonder if there will be new animations for chambering guns in addition to magazine loading animations? Still excited for when strip clips have a purpose

There will be, it's already been confirmed. You can check out the Trello for sneak peaks on some animations for chambering. A lot of animations for loading magazines or strip clips were already in, but now they will have a purpose!

4 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Haven't forgotten about you guys - will have more to share shortly.

donuts or riot! :-p

can't wait for this exp to be available

• Like 2

I saw there was a discussion for 0.61 and I immediately thought, 'YES! It's finally out!" then I saw it was just a discussion and thought damn... Like others, I can't wait to test out the new sounds, lighting, spawning mechanics, etc. Keep up the good work, Devs!

Edited by LordBlackwolf
  • Like 5

With the wolves being added in 0.61, can we expect to see all the other animals back too? There's only chicken, cows and deer in 0.60...  I miss the fox and the boar the most.

I really hope at least the boar makes it back into the game for 0.61 experimental.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Haven't forgotten about you guys - will have more to share shortly.

Hey Hicks, I have a question in regards to Infected and Predators/Animals. When the .61 patch is released will their Pathing be concise and able to engage surfaces like stairs? I saw the awesome video of the Wolf Attack and I noticed it *seemed* like the wolves were incapable of moving closer to the player once he reached the mid-perch of the stairs. Either that or the wolf aggression levels perhaps aren't as high as they need to be.

I appreciate the work you guys do <3 Keep it up! 

Also, I was curious if the 3PP was ever to be experimented on again or if this was ever to be followed through on.

The camera seems to be drawn closer to the player and the character is off-center and thus it makes things more tight. . Which I think is a step in the right direction.

Edited by Espa
  • Like 1

Ok - sorry for the delay in posting dudes and dudettes. We've been grinding away at the blocking issues - most attention obviously played to position sync, and infected AI related stuff.
I put together a brief (ok not so brief) video of the other night. I was up in Vybor after testing some network bubble related stuff with one of the guys from the Survivor GameZ. I made the mistake of not having proper gear, and getting caught in a fairly heavy rainstorm. I wasn't carrying enough food, and my core temperature started to drop fast after becoming drenched.

Fortunately, I was able to find shelter up in Vybor Industrial - and the video details (it jumps around a bit mind you, because it was 14 minutes long) my struggle to create a fire under shelter, dry off, and raise my temperature high enough that I stopped dying to hypothermia.
I've mentioned before the attention the design team is paying to addressing the overheating issues in .60, as well as trying to get modifier tick rates at a level in which the cold, and the environment become a struggle for .61. I firmly believe this is key to .61 being an enjoyable *survival* experience. 

We'll see how it operates when the testing pool increases 10x fold on experimental.

As you can see in the video - I start out in the high 3000s blood wise (5k cap) and hypothermia over the span of 10 minutes or so gets me right on deaths door down at the low 800s. I really managed to pull a rabbit out of my hat there - any lower and I would have passed out and died.
To give you guys some perspective, we've been focusing a lot on the issues mentioned above. Player to player position sync, Infected AI spawning and aggro issues, and of course ensuring server performance is high enough for the experience to be fun, and the game to run properly. We've made a lot of progress over the last week, but QA (as is their job!) has found some nasty repros on nasty bugs - so we're still cracking away at it.

As well, I'll slap a few screenshots in here of some chemlights at night time that I thought were pretty :)

Hang in there everyone!

SFwBqzR.jpg

YwMvWr1.jpg

Do7R6li.jpg

• Like 11