Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

Hey guys - 0.61 is not on Experimental yet, however - given as we are focusing primarily on addressing must fix issues, I thought we could start discussion on it - and I could share my thoughts and experiences during internal testing.

• Like 17

Really looking forward to hearing the changes from the new sound engine, and seeing the dynamic shadows, combined with how lights don't go through walls anymore!!

Quick question though: Can we expect some changes to the loot tables? Mainly weapons spawning again at heli crash sites. 

Also, can't wait to see the improvements on the overall synchronization on servers.

Cheers!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Really looking forward to hearing the changes from the new sound engine, and seeing the dynamic shadows, combined with how lights don't go through walls anymore!!

Quick question though: Can we expect some changes to the loot tables? Mainly weapons spawning again at heli crash sites. 

Also, can't wait to see the improvements on the overall synchronization on servers.

Cheers!

Add to that hunting posts not spawning anything in weeks. Haven't found any hunting pants in a long time

Edited by exwoll

1 hour ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hey guys - 0.61 is not on Experimental yet, however - given as we are focusing primarily on addressing must fix issues, I thought we could start discussion on it - and I could share my thoughts and experiences during internal testing.

Hey Brian,

will 0.61 contain any major graphic/renderer/visual changes? Like, more fog up in the northern areas? Or maybe moving fog over a morning lake? If so, will the for be affected by wind too?

Also, could we by any chance change our view-distance to whatever value we like? Right now stuff seems to render for max. 2 - 2.5 kilometer or so.
I'd like to test my rig (for fps) and also produce more detailed screenshots and videos.

Regards & Thanks for da great work

Edited by Luc Tonnerre
  • Like 1

A small thing. Could you say before the patch is released which season it is supposed to be ingame, maybe even have it on the start-up screen? It would perhaps stop some of the "MY CHARACTER IS OVERHEATING!!!" threads.

2 minutes ago, Killawife said:

A small thing. Could you say before the patch is released which season it is supposed to be ingame, maybe even have it on the start-up screen? It would perhaps stop some of the "MY CHARACTER IS OVERHEATING!!!" threads.

As far as I understood the seasons are actual real life seasons. So it should be eastern european September-ish...

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

I've found many hunting pants in the log pubs/log cabins. (called "village pub" on DayZ DB)

http://dayz.gamepedia.com/File:LogCabin_4a.jpg

All empty also. Just today had a long run from the far north eastern area to electro, visited like 4-5 of those hauses, all empty -.-. 

Sorry for the offtop guys!

Edited by exwoll

The wait for this patch is utter brutality.

Considering you've opened up the topic with nothing to share initially; I hope you come up with some real juicy stuff.

I'm having trouble seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.

Kudos to those of you who continue to play .60.

The current stable version is one of the least enjoyable for me, ever.

• Like 6

First, thanks for starting this discussion!

Second, a few questions regarding the per player dynamic spawning.  Will the amount of players entering an area or town effect the number of infected that spawn there?  (If go in alone versus with a group of four will the number of spawned infected be increased per player)? 

and regarding the new predator ai, wolves.  Are they also spawned using the per player dynamic spawns?  or will they actively hunt deer on their own out in the fields where there are no players?  If the latter, will wolf killed deer remain so we can recover their resources or will they despawn quickly?  and lastly, are you planning on implementing any sign for wolves and deer in the future so we can track them (footprints, scratches, tracks, carcasses, that sort of thing)?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Oh you tease. I've been checking the forums every day to see if "Exp Update 0.61" has popped up. 

I guess I wouldn't mind seeing a night battle - everyone equipped with flashlights on their weapons and so on - let us hear the new sounds and see the new lighting effects. 

Also, I'm curious how the new dynamic shadows will be affected by shadow quality. Presumably we won't be able to just disable shadows and be able to see lights through walls again.

• Like 2

With all the different clients internet speeds, types of connections and pings, will it really ever be possible to "fix" sync/desync in DayZ SA?

• Like 2

so once and for all: will dynamic shadows also mean total darkness in not-well-enough-lit rooms?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Second, a few questions regarding the per player dynamic spawning.  Will the amount of players entering an area or town effect the number of infected that spawn there?  (If go in alone versus with a group of four will the number of spawned infected be increased per player)? 

Yeah, I have a couple of questions about this system myself.

From the Status report - "Peter and I have also gone over behaviours of per player dynamic spawning, and what the technology of the Central Economy will allow us - and have pushed for changes in that area to switch to a more area based trigger rather than per player, to reduce player ability to try and meta game the system."

I would like to hear the difference between "per player" and "area based" explained a little more please.

I would also like a little more detail on what you meant by "what the central economy will allow us", in regards to dynamic spawning.

• Like 6

Well, this is a good sign.   What do you see as the top two must fix issues?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, exwoll said:

Add to that hunting posts not spawning anything in weeks. Haven't found any hunting pants in a long time

It`s the same with wincehster ammo - not seen any for weeks - I think duping issues somewhat interact with the overall loot tables. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, ori42 said:

It`s the same with wincehstor ammo - not seen any for weeks - I think duping issues somewhat interact with the overall loot tables. 

I would like to know if the duped inventory counts against the overall economy as well. I wonder if it could be the reason for a lot of weird lag..by overloading what the game is coded to handle.

• Like 1

- will decentralised loot economy mean that the chance for high tier equipment (quantity aside) is the same over all mil installations across the map?

- are there currently plans on expanding on the medical system?

- dynamic spawning of infected: will the general number of infected be raised significantly with 0.61 (or, if not, with later patches)?

• Like 1

Will dynamic spawning of infected be from first exp update? Will infected now react better to sounds?

I'm really looking forward to new sounds new light and "more" zombies.

I'm especially interested to see if light finally renders over long distances at night. Right now the 50m or so that it caps at is dissappointing and fundamentally limiting as a light mechanic.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, FlimFlamm said:

I'm really looking forward to new sounds new light and "more" zombies.

I'm especially interested to see if light finally renders over long distances at night. Right now the 50m or so that it caps at is dissappointing and fundamentally limiting as a light mechanic.

yeah, I`m really excited for the new build for sure - it will looks, hear and feel difference and that`s promising for the Dayz development.

Hopefully the dev. team figure out the the major blocks in near future and push it out on the experimental branch. 

Edited by ori42
  • Like 1

Oh boy this is a bad sign , brian hicks is biding for time , possibly another few weeks til we see this next build :( . .60 is breaking down in every way possible . Vehicles are absolutely broken in many many ways , Desync is worse than ever except for that one patch where you couldn't move without  rubberbanding back , and to top it all off on public servers the temperature system and calorie system is completely out of sync so people are hyperthermic next to people who are stuffed and starving ... 

This has got to be one of the ugliest patches despite the beauty of it . I can't wait for .61 but I have a very bad feeling that all these issues are just going to stay . IMO we are far too close to beta for all this mess to be happening , I feel like some of these systems should have been worked out months ago :( . 

oh well I can do nothing but wait , good luck developers hopefully you finally resolve this half year experimental patch push .

• Like 1

In SR was mentioned dynamic spawning system of infected will be area based connected wit CLE instead of "per player" based. Am I right? What does that mean exactly? Would it be possible that different behaviors of players will sometimes force them to spawn in higher numbers like gunshots, driving cars or flares? I write sometimes because if its always like that you would be able to spawn zombies at your will and thats to much imo. But it would be awesome if sometimes if you fire a gun a massive horde would aggro you, sometimes not. Sometimes you drive through a village and there are a few of the infected, sometimes they try to stop your car by trying to surround you.

And because of the CLE areas... that sounds really powerfull if I´m right! Would it be possible, that in a residental areas around a military base an ak is spawning? I don´t know if this is intended but it would makes sense, that many guns and supplies after the outbreak would get looted by the near residents... btw what about abandoned survivor bases as dynamic events? I think in PZ they implemnted that lately... sometimes you find barrickaded houses with lots of canned food and maybe a gun and ammo.

Edited by imunone
  • Like 6