Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.135961

6 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

We have exile server on Sahrani map, and souds on that map are different then other maps. When there are firefights in Corazol and I am in suburbs it souds awesome. Like real war zone with eco awesome souds.

But will .61 have this, or just the foundation?  I've not played any BI game except for Standalone, but I've watched some videos; maybe they are all potato powered, because I don't get the full effect.  Got any good links for how the new .61 stuff might sound?

1 hour ago, emuthreat said:

Got any good links for how the new .61 stuff might sound?

Search for Arma 3 video from Dislexy, or some other milsim groups or Arma 3 yt chanel. Every situation is different. There are still anoying "pop" sounds but some weapons have awesome souds and make a lot of noise.

4 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Search for Arma 3 video from Dislexy, or some other milsim groups or Arma 3 yt chanel. Every situation is different. There are still anoying "pop" sounds but some weapons have awesome souds and make a lot of noise.

6 hours ago, emuthreat said:

But will .61 have this, or just the foundation?  I've not played any BI game except for Standalone, but I've watched some videos; maybe they are all potato powered, because I don't get the full effect.  Got any good links for how the new .61 stuff might sound?

8 hours ago, emuthreat said:

As Brian had corrected/clarified to me when I asked this same question....

0.61 will only have updated weapon sounds, more or less, and the major changes will be implemented in later builds as the sound component needs to be merged with Enfusion. (that's a bit of a paraphrase, but close enough).

The good news is that this magical "Eden Update" is a proven bit of tech from Arma and the fact that they can "plug it in" to Enfusion means it will deliver comparable results right away. In other words, they have at their disposal a ready-to-go solution for creating an immensely more enriched and realistic sound field in SA...and they are just working on making sure it knows what to do.

It is inevitable that our needs will be addressed as they, themselves have indicated just how important true immersive audio is for this kind of game to succeed. I am pretty sure this need is the driver behind the teams' decision to take the devs from Arma up on their offer to share Eden with them...it's in the best interest of all BI titles to make it work in Enfusion.

Thanks for replies, Hicks! I really appreciate it. It's tough waiting for updates to this game because I think we all can see just how immense the potential is for DayZ, but I'm fairly sure when you guys fully implement the new engine and Enfusion, it'll all be worth it!

Small question once more - Will DayZ SA feature destructible environments in terms of buildings and housing? Similar to Arma 3 when explosive weapons impact places. 

Thanks, guys, but I've seen most of this stuff already.  I wasn't able to get any consistent idea of how the sound works, aside from the gradual drop-off in gunshot volume over distances, and the occasional echoes.  Which is why I asked those questions.

I was looking for more information on how the echoes worked, and whether different surfaces would reflect sounds differently; know know, the exact questions that I asked.

If you guys have gotten something more out of these videos than I have, and have put together the information that I am missing, please share.

3 hours ago, Girth Brooks said:

old school mod

I do not think anyone runs "old school" mod versions like 1.771 or anything anymore.

If you go play the mod it will be nothing like what it was years ago due to patches etc.

1 hour ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I do not think anyone runs "old school" mod versions like 1.771 or anything anymore.

If you go play the mod it will be nothing like what it was years ago due to patches etc.

I disagree. I have about 2000 hours in the mod, and started playing it about 2 or 3 months after it first was available, and I still occasionally play DayZ mod. I did play yesterday again, and I have to say that it hasn't change much in all those years. Apart from the "base building" features, and the UI that got re-skinned from the old ArmA 2 UI, the AI, infected, map, etc. Haven't change, at all....

Still "fun" for those nostalgic ones like me, but the Stand Alone progressed at light speed compared to the mod. Of course, I'm not talking of the dozens of other DayZ "mods" out there, as this doesn't count as "vanilla" much.

Back on topic, fingers crossed we get 0.61 this week, just before Halloween, as after that it'll be the Christmas stretch. If the patch comes out in early November, and since we have the first iteration of the new lighting system, can we expect the Christmas trees to be lit up this year? Would be a nice touch. Cause I doubt we'll get any Xmas trees in 0.62, as it's probably gonna be available in early 2017.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, odin_lowe said:

Back on topic, fingers crossed we get 0.61 this week, just before Halloween, as after that it'll be the Christmas stretch. If the patch comes out in early November, and since we have the first iteration of the new lighting system, can we expect the Christmas trees to be lit up this year? Would be a nice touch. Cause I doubt we'll get any Xmas trees in 0.62, as it's probably gonna be available in early 2017.

Please NOT, please please please. No 0.61 the next two weeks. I mean the devs managed to take around 6 months so far, why not another two weeks ... then I would be done with my exams. Currently Battlefield1 is limiting pre exam progress already, now give it a DayZ update and problems will be huge. So take your time, all is good :P 

- egoism rant over - ^^

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Well my Ego wants zombies for Halloween, exams be damned!

We should get on dayz mod and just kill zombies. No other goals, just climb on Electro fire station and kill them untill we starve.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Well my Ego wants zombies for Halloween, exams be damned!

hehe, fair enough :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, this patch is sounding less interesting.  It doesn't seem like there's going to be enough infected to be a major threat to survival.

I do admire these devs for attempting the engine merge in open development, but as an observer, its pretty brutal to watch.  The absence of a large infected population has really killed it for me, and it's starting to look like that's not happening for a while either. 

Is there any hope that .61s 1st implantation of dynamic spawning system is going to be compelling at all?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Coheed_IV said:

Is there any hope that .61s 1st implantation of dynamic spawning system is going to be compelling at all?

Yes.

Dynamic infected spawn definitely made the mod more challenging and fun.

Personally I'm hoping the environment can be made equally as challenging to survive as infected.

Now if you put it all together, you may get an overall challenging survival experience even without bases and end game vehicles.

12 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Yes.

Dynamic infected spawn definitely made the mod more challenging and fun.

Personally I'm hoping the environment can be made equally as challenging to survive as infected.

Now if you put it all together, you may get an overall challenging survival experience even without bases and end game vehicles.

I would not get my hopes to high after Hicks wrote this a few posts ago:

Infected AI that are not within the network bubble of a player are inactive, and not taking server resources.

That said, while dynamic spawning should go a long way to making it seem like there are more infected much like in the mod - the real payoff here comes after server perf optimization. It is only *then* that we can really see how busy we can get Chernarus to be, infected wise.

(So in short, I guess what Im saying is - please keep in mind this is one step towards the end goal, it is not the end goal - this won't fix all of our problems or magically make DayZ seem like an insane apocalypse just yet - all builds before 1.0 should be approached with cautious optimism)

Im done with the SA for that reason, there is not enough zombies, ive gone back to the mod it so much better than SA right now.

1 hour ago, Coheed_IV said:

Unfortunately, this patch is sounding less interesting.  It doesn't seem like there's going to be enough infected to be a major threat to survival.

I do admire these devs for attempting the engine merge in open development, but as an observer, its pretty brutal to watch.  The absence of a large infected population has really killed it for me, and it's starting to look like that's not happening for a while either. 

Essentially, it would be like X Player walks into X City and invisible to the player would be an activating node that would spout out zombies in a spread-out fashion. They weren't there before you got there, but suddenly you find yourself surrounded by the Infected.

It works the same way Exile does in Arma 3. . So yes, it WILL be very cool - I'm just waiting for the Infected population to increase (If it's not kosher yet) as well as better animations and actions for the Infected to do (And upgraded sound effects).

--- And assuming that there was Static Infected in towns, then the Dynamic spawn of Infected won't register right away to other players that they aren't the only survivor about. 

Similar to this video, but probably WAY less drastic lol.

Edited by Espa

Hey guys - haven't been on the forums in a few days, but as we're prepping the SR I had a quickly cut together snippit of some of the testing of dynamic infected spawns for you all to see. 

Hope you enjoy it - I will swing by after the SR to catch up on questions and comments!

• Like 8

Thanks, Byron!

That looks like some good clean zombie killing fun for the whole family.

Please give.

13 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

Thanks, Byron!

That looks like some good clean zombie killing fun for the whole family.

Please give.

Please don't judge my derpyness - I tend to go into these tests with a different outlook than regular gameplay ;)

• Like 2

Hello Brian!

After watching that video, it just hit me, is there gonna be some kind of knockback/'hit the enemy in the head with the back of your weapon' kind of thing?

Best regards

6 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Please don't judge

Nah, I mean you were using a Trumpet for one thing, which many of us would likely derp with.

Testing should allow for more random elements and more differing data sets expressed in every environment.

It's definitely not the same as, "Satan please save this character for ever and ever amen", style gameplay.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, zemos (DayZ) said:

Hello Brian!

After watching that video, it just hit me, is there gonna be some kind of knockback/'hit the enemy in the head with the back of your weapon' kind of thing?

Best regards

This crossed my mind as well, a little butt-stock to the face would have worked nicely there.
Looks like we'll need to practice our axe skill in 0.61 no matter what happens later :D