Sign in to follow this  
exwoll

What movies/series/game would describe DayZ for you?

For me  Dayz is pretty much the environment and zombies from 28 Days/Weeks Later, and the PVP/interactions aspect of The Walking Dead. 

I can´t even add to that. It´s just a hard mix of the 2.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

Shaun of the Dead.

lol

I get a mix of The Road, and Zombieland, depending on whether I am interacting with humans or infected.

Had a couple guys with me the other day who were just blown away that I killed a zombie with a gas can.  It's like they only ever considered guns as an option for taking care of infected.  Greedy bastards shot the one I was gonna beat down with a MedKit.

• Like 2

The Road is a good one. I've had lots of fucked up moments in DayZ that fit that movie, almost exclusively related to 12-year-olds trying to kill and/or torture me.

• Like 2

Lol, in which server you play?

I'm playing hardcore servers only, and didn't had a comedy interaction since I started there.

The road would be a good one to add to my lists too, but there is too much food and weapons ingame for that.

"world war z" has some DAYZ-affine scenes, i think.

the scene at the mall and the apartments with the red flares remembers me on the cherno apartment buildings at night,

the airportlanding at the light defenced US base in korea, is like NWAF occupied by a clan,

the ... watch this movie :)

Edited by Funkdoc

3 hours ago, exwoll said:

I'm playing hardcore servers only, and didn't had a comedy interaction since I started there.

I also play 1pp only. The comedy scenes largely come from interaction with clans and other mid-size groups. They... they get bored.

Aw, so that´s how it is to be safe in a large group lol

To me the game seems a lot like The Walking Dead since there's so much PvP, but I'm hoping it becomes more Night of the Living Dead, where people are genuinely scared of zombies

• Like 1

The road,28 days/week later but those I imagine are a given and like a cat said above groundhog day now if we could only get a clock radio to play when we respawn.

Me too I just want zeds period I do not play much right now for that very reason I want to sneak through towns infested with them I want everywhere I go to be hell. 

• Like 1

I Am Legend / The Omega Man - Really captures the wandering around by yourself as possibly the last person on Earth.  Wish it would capture more of the "base building" and barricading yourself in from the zombies at night (I guess we can pretend all the zombies come out on the nighttime servers no one plays on).

The Crazies - Makes sense to treat every other player as if they were infected with a disease that turns them into a homicidal psychopath.     

And of course, all the other zombie films and TV shows.  But only the parts where the character is wandering around trying to survive by themselves or in a small group after society has collapsed.  Rick walking around by himself in Season 1.  Not the later seasons with Woodbury or Alexandria.  There isn't enough zombies or base building to feel like Walking Dead or even a Romero film where people are trapped in a farmhouse, mall, or missile silo.

Edited by bfisher

Is there a tv series that started by releasing a new episode on a weekly basis and than it got reduced to one episode per 6 months ?

went to see "the girl with the gifts" last week, the scene where all the infected are stood reminded me of the mod when you you wait to see Z's start to move because a player moved close to them..

4 hours ago, General Zod said:

Is there a tv series that started by releasing a new episode on a weekly basis and than it got reduced to one episode per 6 months ?

dd03871e75ba5d8d12daf33d5eb1c199.jpg

I was hoping it would be awesome like The Walking Dead.  Instead it's inconsistent and annoying like Fear The Walking Dead.

• Like 2

On 10/6/2016 at 5:10 PM, bfisher said:

I was hoping it would be awesome like The Walking Dead.  Instead it's inconsistent and annoying like Fear The Walking Dead.

Why did i find this so funny? maybe because i can never get focused enough to follow it yet. It is always all over the place.

I have also moved away from watching anything series wise on normal cable networks. I would rather sit down with the family and watch a whole evening of a series. You know pig out chips, popcorn, pop all the good stuff.

You are completely correct bfisher on why you felt this way.

14 hours ago, sneakydude said:

I have also moved away from watching anything series wise on normal cable networks.

The internet is slowly killing all the old communications quasi-monopolies. Isn't it wonderful?

2 hours ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

The internet is slowly killing all the old communications quasi-monopolies. Isn't it wonderful?

Quasi?  They have no intention of releasing their stranglehold on content delivery anytime soon.  It's been well-know for some time that the big players stay just below FTC red-flag levels by trading territory among themselves between noncompeting markets to keep regional proportions within guidelines to avoid being called out as a monopoly.

They are fighting back hard to force people into buying cable and satellite subscriptions as the only means to watch new episodes as they air.  I remember the good old days when you could get streams directly from the AMC website.  Now you must have account for tv service at the same address as the internet service for the charter login to work. #Don'tShareTV
Cable/satellite providers are battling for exclusive airdate primacy by closing ranks among traditional tv providers to force the new content through their delivery services.  It would be like if brick and mortar retailers threaten to boycott manufacturers and distributors that sold to online retailers.  Not very ethical behavior.
It might be a more slow process than you would think, transitioning away from the large cable/satellite package subscriptions to individual series consumption; especially if you want to see the new episode of our favorite show before it get spoiled by news sites and social media.

Has anybody tried that new Sling TV service that Danny Trejo has been pimpin on the youtube ads?  I got like a week to decide before I break down and become the cable company's bitch so I can watch walking dead this season.

On 10/8/2016 at 3:25 AM, sneakydude said:

Why did i find this so funny? maybe because i can never get focused enough to follow it yet. It is always all over the place.

I have also moved away from watching anything series wise on normal cable networks. I would rather sit down with the family and watch a whole evening of a series. You know pig out chips, popcorn, pop all the good stuff.

You are completely correct bfisher on why you felt this way.

It's funny because it's true on so many levels.

While not perfect the original was pretty darn good.  When they announced another version, people were excited about seeing something that built on what they already knew and enjoyed and would enhance it.  When it was released, it attracted a lot of attention at first, but it felt like it was missing something.  Sure there were some new locations and updated action sequences, but it just didn't grab us the way the original did. The zombies were lame.  The characters didn't work properly.  It felt empty.   A lot of people stuck with it for a year or so, but eventually didn't see it going anywhere.  It's supposed to be better than it was now, but by now a lot of people simply aren't following it anymore.

Edited by bfisher

At the moment, in my opinion, it is 95% The Road and for the remaining 5% TWD in the quietest moments.

I hope the percentage will raise soon towards some Z movie