THUNDERMINE

Started my own server

i started my own server from fragnet but.... I can't find it anywhere wtf. I changed the name like 3 million times and restarted it three million times but cant find my own server whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol anyone else have this problem? it shows other people joining my server but i can't seem to find it.

9 hours ago, THUNDERMINE said:

i started my own server from fragnet but.... I can't find it anywhere wtf. I changed the name like 3 million times and restarted it three million times but cant find my own server whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol anyone else have this problem? it shows other people joining my server but i can't seem to find it.

Did you find it already? Make sure your ping is high enough. Put the IP and Port in the remote tab and add it to favorites. Disable all your filters.

Edited by barelyinfected

Yeah I found it already thanks, there were some options on the server control side i wasn't seeing. it's all sorted out now. If anyone wants to play let me know i am jokerofdeception on steam and my server is Tim's no kill server. I'm just rummaging through the military base looking for guns and bullets, then going to fix a car and drive some barrels to the north side where the spawns are so i dont have to spend 8 hrs walking to get geared up. Dont worry guys i don't kos theres no point lol

You are missing the point of the game by looting up on your server and then going to other servers to play. The fun part of the game is building your character and running around the map. Once you are fully geared, the only thing that remains is to get into a firefight and get shot. Other games do that part much better, like Arma 3 for instance.

18 hours ago, Killawife said:

You are missing the point of the game by looting up on your server and then going to other servers to play. The fun part of the game is building your character and running around the map. Once you are fully geared, the only thing that remains is to get into a firefight and get shot. Other games do that part much better, like Arma 3 for instance.

I disagree... if that's the only option you can think of once you're fully geared... 'you are missing the entire point of the game' its not about looting up and going into firefights...
its about being able to survive (your survival rate goes up when you find an AK instead of a sporter) 

so in your perception... being fully geared.. is the END of the game.. as to being able to play and find stuff...
you sir... should play on RP servers.. where actual settlements are a thing and have a taste of that..
I've been playing on those kinds of servers since the standalone came out.. hardly go on public for obvious reasons.. (squeekers/10 yo gun joe's and KoS noobs) <- those kind of people make this game feel like 'Call of DayZ' instead of Dayz Standalone

have you ever tried Roleplaying? with actual rules that prevent you from going: oi! you! hands up!! you hace 2 seconds!! 1-2-*headshot* thnx for your gear (which I'm never going to use anyways)

like you said... 'building your character' is the main point.. i've been running a character (with a better backstory then all of the 'soldiers' in this game) been surviving for at least 4 months... had my fair share of encounters and I've been to almost every mil base on the map.

plus the fact that I'm one of the leaders of an active official settlement on that server.. which has its own unique set of challenges 

Edited by Tigermonk

Well, it sounds like great fun and all but I dont have the patience for constant roleplaying even if I occasionally do it on normal servers, just for fun. What I was mostly talking about here is the part about playing on empty servers while gearing up and only going to public servers wehn you're fully geared. it seems kinda pointless to me as I find the first three parts of the game most interesting; Newspawn, low-geared and medium-geared. Fully-geared usually means that most of the games states are no longer a problem, you have the gear you need and cant really want for anything, except maybe another type of gun or a pristine jacket instead of worn. I personally play way more carefully when I'm fully-geared as I dont want to die and it quickly gets boring. 

I understand that some people like the aspect of growing a community and making camps and stuff but I dont care for that stuff. Mostly because some asshat always comes along and ruins everything.

Well...he didn't say he was using his own server as a loot farm for his escapades on other ones...but you would be right if he was.

The three states of New Spawn, Gearing Up, and Fully Geared are interestingly similar with me, though...but if/when I get to the Fully Geared state and boredom is looming I then take a different approach and I go looking for trouble instead.

I go to high-risk areas and see if I can stalk KOSers or Clan-Boys. Sometimes I am rewarded with righteous PVP action or at least New Spawn rescues...and sometimes I just end up being a Gear Donor. :-p

So far, the progression though these states has been enough to keep me coming back for more and as long as I don't find myself getting angry at that "You are Dead" black screen of ridicule I consider the time well spent.

• Like 1

lol my server is used mainly for the "continues" dayz needs but lacks. MY server is used as a "soft death"" if i die and spawn on the coast i have essentials in barrels by the spawn points so that i dont have to run for three hours to get geared up. My server is a no kill server so i see people regularly and we chat a bit and tell eachother where we saw a tire or an m4 or something and we go on our merry way.

So do barrels hold items through a reboot?

On 2016-11-10 at 10:50 PM, ShallowTech said:

Yes, they do.

On 11/10/2016 at 4:50 PM, ShallowTech said:

This is the best patch by far with the correct persistence in place(I hope they keep it this way).

I've had barrels and tents for months on end and they don't dissapear!

On 26.9.2016 at 10:21 PM, THUNDERMINE said:

lol my server is used mainly for the "continues" dayz needs but lacks. MY server is used as a "soft death"" if i die and spawn on the coast i have essentials in barrels by the spawn points so that i dont have to run for three hours to get geared up. My server is a no kill server so i see people regularly and we chat a bit and tell eachother where we saw a tire or an m4 or something and we go on our merry way.

You realise that there is no such thing and as such will have your server suspended if you were trying to enforce such a rule on the public hive?

• Like 2

On 11/29/2016 at 9:33 AM, kichilron said:

You realise that there is no such thing and as such will have your server suspended if you were trying to enforce such a rule on the public hive?

Sad part is 999 of the servers out there do the same things. Wait until they start locking it, and booting players.

BTW welcome back? i guess you should remember all those bad servers we had back 2 years ago? well most of them are still around.

nobody cares.... sadly. GSP give up, and pass it off as a no problem issue.

• Like 1

On 5.12.2016 at 6:24 AM, sneakydude said:

BTW welcome back?

Why thank you.