Megickarp

Question about dayz

It's been a while.. i think i last played was 1,5 years ago. I quit because of the following; no loot, and lag, lag, lag and more lagggggggggggggggggg.

How is the game now 1,5 years later? Any updates in performance? I always had like 10 FPS no matter where i was. And how about the loot? any loot?

Also, i got a i5 3570k 3,4 ghz, gtx 780. So no problems here.

thanks!

I'm still fairly new myself but I understand that recent improvements to the game engine have led to better frames for most players.

Loot is...well, it's out there but I'm sure it will be quite different from a year and a half ago. Videos all over youtube about loot spawn in .60

Best of luck.

10 hours ago, Megickarp said:

It's been a while.. i think i last played was 1,5 years ago. I quit because of the following; no loot, and lag, lag, lag and more lagggggggggggggggggg.

How is the game now 1,5 years later? Any updates in performance? I always had like 10 FPS no matter where i was. And how about the loot? any loot?

thanks!

Ur rig not that great.

16 hours ago, Megickarp said:

thanks!

Performance wise dayz has improved substantially, Dayz isn't bug-free but honestly its not as bad as most people make it out to be. "Lag" in Dayz now is usually due to sucky internet rather than the servers being bad. Im not 100% sure how it will run for you but just from a quick glance you should be able to play at a pretty decent fps on low graphics settings Which still looks pretty damn great. There is room for improvement in the loot dispersion in Dayz. You rarly find loot on the cost (which is how it should be) but also you find too much up north its too easy to get geared in the game.

Edited by GuyRandomMan

11 hours ago, svisketyggeren said:

Ur rig not that great.

He's got a mid-range rig at the moment. I'd even say upper end of mid-range.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, svisketyggeren said:

Ur rig not that great.

Ur post not that helpful...

@Megickarp The new renderer boosted performance across the board.  You should be fine, for the time being.

• Like 1

On 9/23/2016 at 11:41 AM, svisketyggeren said:

Ur rig not that great.

I had an i5-3570k and GTX 670 and was able to get well over 60 FPS on 0.60. Though now I've finally upgraded to a 1060.

On 9/22/2016 at 3:39 PM, Megickarp said:

thanks!

As far as FPS goes, major improvements have been made. There is a good amount of loot now, not everywhere, but enough that you feel like you aren't only looting.