kumando

Will the new Infected Spawn mechanic add more zombies?

In standalone zombies are persistent (as in they do not require a player to continue existing). They are spread out across the entire map, which makes them appear few and far between for the average player moving across chernarus. On top of these natural zombies, the devs are going to add in the old system as well so that wherever players go, there will be a constant influx of zombies being spawned nearby

And exactly this is what I do not like.

If I will enter for example Zelenogorsk with my two buddies ( no other players around)..there will be a given amount of persistent zeds for the Zelenogork spawn zone ( let's say 10 for the whole city). plus there will be additional zeds spawning depending on player count and zone. Let's say for such a big city 10 zeds per player which would make in my example additional 30 zeds spawning plus the 15 persistent infected ( a total of 45). 

This means when entering a specific area you will always know that there will be zeds around for sure and you will also know how many infected roughly to expect. If there are no zeds around or a place is even swarming with them you also definitely will know that other

players are around.

Honestly this is too simple and I would expect a more sophisticated system.

PS: Also a good idea would be to have random delay times for spawning. Means sometimes zeds could spawn immediately and sometimes maybe after 5 minutes if a player enters a zone.,,,stuff like that :)

• Like 1

It's a shame that the technical side limit the infected so much.

The ideal situation would be to have so much infected in towns that trying to "clean" them out would be a suicide mission and a waste of ammo (which should be really scarce).  

On 9/25/2016 at 1:03 AM, imunone said:

Yeah we understood that. 

Zombies are spawned at serverstart and are persistent+old spawnmechanic, per player spawning zombies in like in the mod = dynamic spawnsystem of zeds.

What evans and I say that not only the player should trigger the spawning zombies but also their behavior (noise, lightsources etc). Because when its like that the metagaming wich they want to prevent would still be there. If you see many infected you know there are players.

This metagaming could be prevented by different variables like Evans told before.

It is very important you guys don't get confused here. We are *not* using the old mod system. 

The mod used scripted triggers assigned to structures. We are not doing that at all - the new dynamic spawning is tied into the Central Economy, is assigned to zones in the zone generator tool - and the system distance and quantity are configured in the central economy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

It is very important you guys don't get confused here. We are *not* using the old mod system. 

The mod used scripted triggers assigned to structures. We are not doing that at all - the new dynamic spawning is tied into the Central Economy, is assigned to zones in the zone generator tool - and the system distance and quantity are configured in the central economy.

Does it mean infected will also despawn in case no player is in proximity?

57 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Whatever you do, just do it quickly!! And give us shitload of infected!! So what if players are killed by zeds 5 times before they reach Pusta or Polana. Death is part of dayz!

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Whatever you do, just do it quickly!! And give us shitload of infected!! So what if players are killed by zeds 5 times before they reach Pusta or Polana. Death is part of dayz!

Things will be done properly, not quickly.

Rushing game developers has never worked out.

• Like 2

@Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Yeah I it was absolutely clear that infected will spawn in zones but the question is still, will the number of infected spawning in a zone be random, ranging from a min to max number, for example from 0 to 10 per player until a total max of infected for the zone is reached  or will it always be constant per player? Also will  zones have a random chance to spawn no zeds at all ( which would be very cool and creepy) and finally will other aspects affect the spawning rate too  like for example time of day , noise etc. ?

cheers :)

• Like 2

yeah very clever idea to integrate the infected persons and animals in the CLE. This allows even the many ratings and variables and zones a very unpredictable spawn chance both in location, time, quantity, Spawn delay despawn timer, and so on. When all values have a specific rating results not what one can foresee.

1 hour ago, Sqeezorz said:

yeah very clever idea to integrate the infected persons and animals in the CLE. This allows even the many ratings and variables and zones a very unpredictable spawn chance both in location, time, quantity, Spawn delay despawn timer, and so on. When all values have a specific rating results not what one can foresee.

Modding will rock so hard when it'll came out!!

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) just one question, where do the infected will spawn with the new dynamic system?

just pop in the middle or the street or maybe tied to some type of structure?

Edited by EdStaffordZombie

1 hour ago, EdStaffordZombie said:

Modding will rock so hard when it'll came out!!

@Hicks_206 (DayZ) just one question, where do the infected will spawn with the new dynamic system?

just pop in the middle or the street or maybe tied to some type of structure?

I think it was mentioned that the distances of infected spawning would make it impossible for players to know if they spawned there when they arrived or where already there in the first place. 

Now I don´t know how infected from other players will spawn in case of a player already being in the area???

If i´m looting cherno for example and killed 3-4 infected in a street, and a player gets closer to my area, will HIS infected spawn out of nowhere in front of me giving a hint about the other player approaching??

Because It could be used for metagaming, like the lag that happens when someone spawns near you, or enters your area. (which is easily distinguishable from connection lag) 

1 hour ago, exwoll said:

I think it was mentioned that the distances of infected spawning would make it impossible for players to know if they spawned there when they arrived or where already there in the first place. 

Now I don´t know how infected from other players will spawn in case of a player already being in the area???

If i´m looting cherno for example and killed 3-4 infected in a street, and a player gets closer to my area, will HIS infected spawn out of nowhere in front of me giving a hint about the other player approaching??

Because It could be used for metagaming, like the lag that happens when someone spawns near you, or enters your area. (which is easily distinguishable from connection lag) 

You can't stop metagaming, all you can do is work to curtail it and make it as minimal as possible. Especially in an open sandbox type world, much like how players will always be a bigger threat than any AI - because AI can be studied, and their patterns figured out.

So, that said - we most definitely are interested in minimizing the metagaming ability of the systems as much as possible. Setting the event spawn radius at distances at or near the network bubble, and so on. We're still deciding if we want dynamic infected triggers to be based upon an area maximum, or scalable per player. Right now we are leaning on an area maximum - to reduce metagaming potential.

• Like 2