cs_wolf

1st person perspective only (Message to devs)

5 minutes ago, exwoll said:

So why then just don't label all 3pp servers as Easy ones and 1pp as Normal? With the Hardcore title going to no crosshairs?

I mean why call Hardcore a POV that's Normal in every shooter out there? :) 

They don't label it "Hardcore" anymore. Changed to "First Person" with patch 0.48, and then "1st Person".

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, -Gews- said:

They don't label it "Hardcore" anymore. Changed to "First Person" with patch 0.48, and then "1st Person".

Wait, then the servers themselves use the "Hardcore" qualification? -.-. Ok, I take back my words.

13 hours ago, exwoll said:

Wait, then the servers themselves use the "Hardcore" qualification? -.-. Ok, I take back my words.

Yes that is correct, but not going to be always the way. It will be up to how a modder, scriptwritter does his own server can it really be labeled hardcore in some fashion.

1 zombie vs 50 zombies hardcore ill call it hardcore infected, 1 KOS vs 50 KOS ill call it hardcore pvp.

Just an example. Hardcore today could be no loot, complete survival, etc.. after i mod it harder then vanilla on normal mode ill call it hardcore survival.

But today we label everything to do catchy advertisements.

I'm on the fence about this 1pp vs 3pp debate.  I use to play exclusively 1pp only but due to population drop I ended up going 3pp just for population.  Big thing I noticed for myself tho is when I play in 3rd person I have no fear.  I can look around corners without exposing my character and I can needlessly run around.  Now when I play in 1st person I play more cautious.  I check my surroundings before entering a town or city and I keep to cover while moving slow.  Personally I get more into the game when I'm in 1st person.  3rd person just reminds of a basic action game.

My 2 cents

• Like 2

Why is this still a topic? Play what you want!! Arma/dayz is one of first games that gave u choice between 1st or 3p. 

Oh, population is low on 1st?? Well is there isnt 200-300 players out of 3,5 million then problem is somewhere else. 

Dont be asshole and force something that 0,3% of players want.

7 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Why is this still a topic? Play what you want!! Arma/dayz is one of first games that gave u choice between 1st or 3p. 

Oh, population is low on 1st?? Well is there isnt 200-300 players out of 3,5 million then problem is somewhere else. 

Dont be asshole and force something that 0,3% of players want.

I believe this topic is still a thing because some people don't want to see a watered down survival game where people play a corner peeking game without exposing themselves.  Personally I don't find 3rd person makes me feel like a survivor but more like some action hero I can dress up and look at as I run around

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Guy Smiley said:

Personally I don't find 3rd person makes me feel like a survivor but more like some action hero I can dress up and look at as I run around

Then dont f*cking play f*cking 3p!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love to see all cool items and clothing art dept worked on for months. I love to see exelent animations. I dont tell you what to play!

32 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I love to see all cool items and clothing art dept worked on for months. I love to see exelent animations. I dont tell you what to play!

Wow, rage much?  And you don't tell me what to play, eh?  The first thing you said is to not play 3p

Because you shit on 3p. I hate 1p in dayz and I don't join those servers and I don't start topic to shut down all 1p servers.

2 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Because you shit on 3p. I hate 1p in dayz and I don't join those servers and I don't start topic to shut down all 1p servers.

Igor.....Dude.....Really?

I don't see the harm in what @Guy Smiley was saying...and I don't think this 1PP vs 3PP discussion is going to die anytime soon, as it is a core mechanic for both types of play styles and both sides have their opinions about it.

I personally have a great time in 3pp right now because I play on low-pop servers and I am enjoying the overall look and feel of the game as the content and ambiance gets worked on. The 1pp experience is still the best for immersion and multiplay combat, as it better represents you as a character in the game and your perspective is far more intuitive (as long as they give us better FOV).

As it stands....3pp would be a great way to have fun in a standalone SP version of Dayz, or on a dedicated RP "no kill" server because you can chat and interact with others in a more relaxed and full game environment....

1pp is still the best way to create honest multiplayer environments that have the best chance of a level playing field.

The future of 3pp is bright, my man....but 1pp is every bit as needed and appreciated. You are right about choosing a server that meets your needs...but your replies seem to really heavy, considering how innocent Guy Smiley was forming his arguments.

• Like 1

I don't understand why people want to force one or another system just because they live or dislike it. When game gives this choice. 1p elitists are really going on my nerves. All they have do is not join 3p. 

7 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I don't understand why people want to force one or another system just because they live or dislike it. When game gives this choice. 1p elitists are really going on my nerves. All they have do is not join 3p. 

I don't see why you even bother to reply in this thread If you're not willing to discuss it. If you like 3pp only, fine go play it. As someone said here, there's nothing wrong with only wanting to play a supposedly "hard" game on "easy mode" (yeah, was called that way originally). You made your choice, just pick the server and play. But don't undermine a polite discussion falling hevily from the sky and attacking inocent people.

I will just copy/paste here the reply I gave on reddit a couple of days ago to the same question of "why we're still having this discussion":

Because when you give casual gamers an option between "easy mode"(3pp. It was called that way in Arma originally) and "normal mode"(1pp), almost the whole bunch of them will pick the first one.

When you don't give them that option, they will adapt and play whatever you offer. But you need to have the courage for that and the will to risk loosing some players with that (a factor that most studio managers will not allow).

In DayZ it happened that since 3pp are the "default" servers, people get used to that from "day 1", making it hard for them to change to 1pp later(only mature audience who came for immersion to the game are willingly changing perspectives), hell, it was hard for me to take that decision too!

Because of that, the servers that run on 1pp only, are having troubles getting people to fill them up (literally dying), and some people can't experience DayZ fully because of that (only the PVE guys are OK).

That's why everyone is asking for 1pp to get some recognition. Even the developers acknowledge all of this, and there where some talks/rumors/plans that they will at some point place 1pp servers as the "default" ones, so when the new players arrive, they experience DayZ as it should be experienced (as a hardcore survival game) and associate it with things as Battlefield or Rust from Day 1, instead of GTA.

In the end it's not a matter of preference, but of habit (a quite negative one), one that the developers themselves allowed (and are allowing) to exist. One cannot speak of preference when the only thing people get from the beginning is 3pp. Only when you get a real and equal opportunity to play both worlds, you can have a preference towards one of them, and that will only happen when 1pp has priority, and it's the first experience (because 3pp is addictive).

I don't believe that one's forcing some players to play a "game they don't want to", but the game they paid to play and wasn't there in the first place. Because right now is like if one goes to watch a horror movie, and have a screen to choose to skip a part whenever an horror part gonna happen.

The "choice" is there, and for you it will be great to not expose yourself to that, but in the long run it will hurt both you (because of the now giant confort zone created around all horror movies) and the producer of the movies that will be now wish they never put that in there, because they now have people asking for more "soft" movies, and other people that want the "choice" removed at all, so they can watch the movie with other people without anyone skipping the cool stuff.

• Like 1

First post and title of this thread suggest to devs to cancel 3p servers.

Just to clarify, @igor-vk, not once did I say I want 1pp only servers nor did I state that anyone shouldn't play 3pp.  Due to population issues, 3pp is the only viable option for "me" at this point in the alpha development.  I believe 1pp will breathe new life once this game gets closer to beta as people have left due to development time and will return.

Edited by Guy Smiley

19 hours ago, igor-vk said:

Calm down Igor. You can get your point across without profanities and yelling.

• Like 5

Hey @Hicks_206 (DayZ),

After i read some work on 3rd person (being looked at), i guess to "Change the way" we play, will you guys look at what "arma" series did wrong, and enhance that? Such as forcing headbob even if it was turned off.

Certain effects that might hinder people such as lights, sounds, and proper resolutions. Remember some of these things are totally different for some players, not always the mass have any of these.

Had a friend explain again to me last night, when modding the arma 3 exile server why i had so many issues with 1st person through the tanoa trees. I just couldn't stay in 1st person. Took me 2x as long to drive through those trees.

I guess it explains why i have so sensitive eyes yet perfect eye vision. Some lights, some games just are too hard to focus on.

Otherwise "popcorn" time :)

15 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

Just to clarify, @igor-vk, not once did I say I want 1pp only servers nor did I state that anyone shouldn't play 3pp.  Due to population issues, 3pp is the only viable option for "me" at this point in the alpha development.  I believe 1pp will breathe new life once this game gets closer to beta as people have left due to development time and will return.

You will always have 1st person servers, it just depends on which one you will have to white list to first. I am hoping infistar and BE come up with a great solution to allow people to host "Public" servers safely.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sneakydude said:

You will always have 1st person servers, it just depends on which one you will have to white list to first. I am hoping infistar and BE come up with a great solution to allow people to host "Public" servers safely.

To host "Public" servers SAFELY you need someone who:

1) Is available, 2) has the right, 3) gives a damn

BI & the SPs have both DELIBERATELY made it clear - that IS NOT them.

An easy +50%  of the player base today DEPENDS on misuse of public servers for their game-play structure. This is WHY they play.  I mean they NEED public severs to be kick server bases. They NEED to misuse the spawn mechanism, They WANT to play on the high pop Public CoD servers when they are geared up.

This leaves a few low pop (1st or 3d person) honest public servers for the hoppers to go their rounds.      

1st person Public servers might possibly suffer less from hoppers - because they can't find them, I guess?

Got it!

As far as I can guess... By the time the game is fully released there will be enough "purists" out there that Private Servers will be plentiful and your options will be vast.

I know the internal vision of the devs is to encourage the Public-side of things...but as @pilgrim* just mentioned...the time and effort to keep a server healthy is just not viable for those that have other interests/agendas.

We see even now, in early access, just how many Private Shards are up and running, though, creating a community within the larger DayZ player base that has a more focused set of parameters and also has a whitelist.

I think it's great that I can go adventuring in 3pp one time and then go full-immersion 1pp another time...

Two "games" in one!

• Like 1

On 11/9/2016 at 10:57 AM, pilgrim* said:

To host "Public" servers SAFELY you need someone who:

1) Is available, 2) has the right, 3) gives a damn

BI & the SPs have both DELIBERATELY made it clear - that IS NOT them.

An easy +50%  of the player base today DEPENDS on misuse of public servers for their game-play structure. This is WHY they play.  I mean they NEED public severs to be kick server bases. They NEED to misuse the spawn mechanism, They WANT to play on the high pop Public CoD servers when they are geared up.

This leaves a few low pop (1st or 3d person) honest public servers for the hoppers to go their rounds.      

1st person Public servers might possibly suffer less from hoppers - because they can't find them, I guess?

Got it!

I know i wont play on public servers ever again, with all those cheats that went around.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2016 at 0:17 PM, igor-vk said:

Nobody is trying to force you to play 1pp servers, @igor-vk.  Nobody is forcing you to participate in this particular discussion, either.

But the people who really enjoy playing 1pp are allowed to discuss how to incentivize people to choose the path less traveled, and possibly have a chance at getting some support from the developers towards generating enough interest for 1pp servers to get more fully populated and be as viable as 3pp is now for player interactions.

It's all about reinforcing feedback cycles.  Lets say you play with a group of twelve people, and one of them absolutely cannot tolerate playing on 1pp because of headaches/dizziness, or whatever; the whole group has now migrated to 3pp because the group wants to stay together and that was the only way.
Once the majority of the population goes away from 1pp, then the population dwindles to a handfull of people who don't mind playing on empty servers.  The only viable 1pp servers are private, and have been increasingly trending towards whitelisted servers this past year.

Why don't you go do something useful, like lobby your local municipality to not put any more benches in public parks, since you don't personally use them, and don't think anybody else should either.
I mean, if there's no benches, then people won't have a place to sit at the park, so they will stop sitting down at parks; and if they get out of the habit of sitting down at parks, then they won't need those stupid benches to begin with.  Problem solved...

I think people just want to see a little support from the developers towards establishing a healthy set of public 1pp vanilla servers.
It won't really be feasible until the new player controller is implemented, and the stances get adjusted so you can see freely out of windows.
But it should definitely get some attention before the full 1.0 rollout; any later than that, and it will likely be a lost cause, and 1pp players will be forcibly segregated onto the various private 1pp hives.

• Like 1

I waaaaaay prefer 1pp, but often feel forced to play 3pp because the population in 1pp servers is low. I hear a lot of people saying "don't force me to play a way I don't like!"

Well, I feel like I am being forced already.

There's not really a solution to this, at least none I see. But some percentage of the trend to 3pp is just that low pop servers are boring. I wonder if the number of people who prefer 1pp might be higher than everyone thinks.

6 hours ago, bain said:

I waaaaaay prefer 1pp, but often feel forced to play 3pp because the population in 1pp servers is low. I hear a lot of people saying "don't force me to play a way I don't like!"

Well, I feel like I am being forced already.

There's not really a solution to this, at least none I see. But some percentage of the trend to 3pp is just that low pop servers are boring. I wonder if the number of people who prefer 1pp might be higher than everyone thinks.

A lot of players have left while waiting for either new patches or DayZ to be finished.  I'm 100% sure once this game hits beta we will see 1pp servers rise in population and once again be able to play the game in a more immersive style.

20 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

A lot of players have left while waiting for either new patches or DayZ to be finished.  I'm 100% sure once this game hits beta we will see 1pp servers rise in population and once again be able to play the game in a more immersive style.

Yeah, your completely correct, but dayz wont be the same when it hits beta, most have moved onto other games. Doesn't matter for development either, they got the money its spent, invested so when the game comes out in beta those people will enjoy it.