hexrain

We cant look straight up?

My first and main suggestion is to be able to look and aim straight up. I noticed you can only go to like 45 degrees or maybe a bit more, but you can look straight down. that means if i am up in a tower and someone is below me, i can shoot them but they have to run a  considerable distance to be able to aim up at me.

My second suggestion is make an option to wrap ghillie suit parts and peices on the OUTSIDE of a backpack for camo. IRL the pieces could be easily rigged to fit over most of the medium and large packs. dont know how feasible this one is but i think it would be a nice option.

My third suggestion is to make a set of animations mimicking zombie movement. like even the walk and maybe jog. then a player could as a new spawn, damage some clothing and pretend to be a zombie. all the while having a loaded derringer. suddenly the zombie you just came across pulls a weapon and, crap!!!!! thats not a zombie its a player! could be cool. maybe make it so you have to wash your face or your character gets all dirty. if you eat meat that you butchered you are covered in blood, so the wolves come... al these could be good synergistic additions.

• Like 3

I'm ok with the first one, never understood why you could not look straight up.

Ok, with the second one but it won't happen, I think devs don't want people to have the possibility to camouflage containers such as clothing or backpacks as it would end up with everybody adding ghillie camouflage to their stuff. It's too much. Either you have a ghillie suit but not much storage or you keep using normal clothing to have enough storage slots.

Ok with the third one, now I'm not sure if the infected wouldn't make the difference and players are shooting infected just like players anyway. So that would mean add a feature that doesn't really add something to the game.

Edited by MaxTheSurvivor
  • Like 1

All seem fine. 

I think the second one is ok too. Why limit camouflage only to pvp oriented people leaving the other styles at disadvantage?? 

It's not a matter of disadvantage. Wearing a ghillie suit means you're set to usually play the sniper role in a team. Wearing a ghillie suit is a dramatic tactical advantage over the other camouflages that are available in game.

If you add the possibility to attach ghillies to your backpack, ballistic helmet, jacket, pants and shoes, everybody will adopt the exact same outfit and you'll end up with players that all look the same.

This will just ruin the game.

• Like 2

I just want horses. That can back kick with 'X' key while riding.

And improved/fixed existing animations, over new ones.

Horses? Well, you're bringing out old memories from the grave. It has been discussed but you won't like it, it was 3 years ago.
At that time it was considered too complicated to animate.

source: http://www.dayztv.com/standalone/dayz-standalone-confirmed-features/

I can't believe this page hasn't yet been swallowed by the Internet black hole. The "better animation" thing was among the discussion too.
Lots of ambition and features at that time, some made it in-game, some others have been abandoned for the time being.

• Like 1

On 16.9.2016 at 4:07 PM, hexrain said:

My first and main suggestion is to be able to look and aim straight up. I noticed you can only go to like 45 degrees or maybe a bit more

I think and hope this is a bug. It was introduced in one of the updates. Cannot tell you how much this is pissing me off, personally. One of the reasons i stopped playing atm, as dumb as it sounds. It's not the AIMING up, it's the LOOKING up.
Having a "realistic night sky" and I can't find the North Star because I cannot look straight up is so inexplicably dumb... I just cannot imagine why they haven't taken the time to fix this yet.