igor-vk

New stuff on Trello

Since the official dev fart of forum is dead for months, lets start discussion on new stuff from Art dept showed on trello in last few days. 

I was personaly very plesed to see which cars were selected for future vehicles. Golf mkII was very popular here and there are lot of them still driving (ones that didnt rot). Škoda 120 is also cool, its iconic Chehoslovakian car and also was in mod. I dont like Multicar, Id prefer some kind of pick up truck or van. What will be difference between CR550 and Winchester 70 we already have? But I wellcome any bolt action rifle in future. 

• Like 1

We have a van in the works, the Multicar.. well, you can blame that on me. We have them all over the Czech Republic, and I fell in love with them.

CqbNS0BUAAAd_94.jpg

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

We have a van in the works, the Multicar.. well, you can blame that on me. We have them all over the Czech Republic, and I fell in love with them.

-car-

I assume since you said they are all over that they will be fairly common in Chernarus?

1 minute ago, SFRGaming said:

I assume since you said they are all over that they will be fairly common in Chernarus?

That remains to be seen. The issue with vehicles being at the number they are right now (around 15 total) is purely due to the fact that we haven't really done too much server side optimization. Once we start switching our resources from mostly feature work, to mostly bug fixing - I expect to see more attention focused on that area.

• Like 2

On 9/16/2016 at 3:21 AM, igor-vk said:

What will be difference between CR550 and Winchester 70 we already have?

My guess: probably nothing of consequence. Does that matter? I made some comments on this topic on r/dayz:

Commercial bolt-action using full-power cartridges is the most popular type of hunting rifle, therefore we shouldn't have only a single commercial bolt-action using full-power cartridges.

Seems like more commercial rifles are needed to balance things out. If you go to the rack in a gun store you won't see just Winchesters.

Yes, they have a bunch of different civilian guns in game, but all the civilian centrefire rifles are somewhat "odd ducks" compared to the Model 70—intermediate cartridge mini-action carbine (CR527), very expensive over/under double rifle (B95), break-action single-shot intermediate cartridge rifle (IZH-18), Steyr Scout .223 (self-explanatory), Win 92-pattern lever-action with heavy octagonal barrel in .357,

The most common type of hunting rifle is a scoped bolt-action using full-power cartridges in either a short or long action. That class of hunting rifle will probably outnumber all the above combined, yet we only have ONE weapon representing that vast category in DayZ.

CZ 550 (standard actions) has been available in:

9.3x62 mm
.300 Winchester Magnum
7 mm Remington Magnum
7x64 mm
7x57 mm Mauser
.30-06 Springfield
.308 Winchester
.270 Winchester
6.5x55 mm SE
.243 Winchester
.22-250 Remington

4 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

I hope they will give some advantage when base building is here. That thing can transport more planks or logs then Skoda and Lada combined.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, igor-vk said:

I hope they will give some advantage when base building is here. That thing can transport more planks or logs then Skoda and Lada combined.

I think that would be really cool - the V3S as well could carry a lot of building materials.

• Like 3

On 9/17/2016 at 4:29 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

I think that would be really cool - the V3S as well could carry a lot of building materials.

Sure if they can get more then 10mph in 1st, they should be able to carry tons of items. I assume that is why your taking all the vehicles out of .61? is to fix them all.

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

Sure if they can get more then 10mph in 1st, they should be able to carry tons of items. I assume that is why your taking all the vehicles out of .61? is to fix them all.

We never said .61 would not have vehicles sneaky. We said the first few .61 experimental patches might not have vehicles as we work on their network sync. Plenty of times we have said vehicle physics, network sync, and functionality is far from where we want it. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

We never said .61 would not have vehicles sneaky. We said the first few .61 experimental patches might not have vehicles as we work on their network sync. Plenty of times we have said vehicle physics, network sync, and functionality is far from where we want it. 

Great, then people need to be more educated and stop spewing bs around forums :( many understood no vehicles in .61

On 17.9.2016 at 6:08 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

CqbNS0BUAAAd_94.jpg

our army uses a similar vehicle. Do you already have special fields of use in mind? special perks in comparison to other vehicles e.g.?

Pretty nice but I am more looking forward to see the overgrown buildings ( ivy). the mass graves and contaminated areas :)) Also dying for the new SFX and Infected sounds  !!!!!

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Great, then people need to be more educated and stop spewing bs around forums :( many understood no vehicles in .61

You know, I'm really happy to see Hicks taking a more active role here the past few days for just this reason.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sneakydude said:

It think you may have picked up on a bit of facetious predictions.  Much in the way that we are functionally seeing .60 having no vehicles; for all practical purposes, vehicles may be understood not to exist in .60 in any persistently usable state; it is also understood that there is a high likelihood of .61 being left in a similar (or worse) state.

A number of people, myself included, could no longer find enjoyment in the game after a few weeks of stocking up and stalking down.  This was largely because of the Sisyphean feedback cycle that came from vehicles not being persistent, and locking up when near another vehicle.

So when people say "no vehicles in .61," They often might mean " vehicles are there, sure, but why bother?"

19 hours ago, emuthreat said:

It think you may have picked up on a bit of facetious predictions.  Much in the way that we are functionally seeing .60 having no vehicles; for all practical purposes, vehicles may be understood not to exist in .60 in any persistently usable state; it is also understood that there is a high likelihood of .61 being left in a similar (or worse) state.

A number of people, myself included, could no longer find enjoyment in the game after a few weeks of stocking up and stalking down.  This was largely because of the Sisyphean feedback cycle that came from vehicles not being persistent, and locking up when near another vehicle.

So when people say "no vehicles in .61," They often might mean " vehicles are there, sure, but why bother?"

Could be, but there is two currently working semi decent. The rest are not so good at all. Adding more vehicles to the game, is great loads more assets to mod with.

Soon should be able to port 99% of the arma 3 stuff too :)

On 9/19/2016 at 3:54 AM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Hey Hicks, i was wondering because of the future, some modding will come along, assets added from dayz SA etc.. that arma 3 map Tanoa is it possible to have a blank map published? i have been trying to delete the building assets in attempt to populate a different idea for dayz, when it becomes modded. Private, locked server of course.

Ive been trying to get info on how to do it, without creating a brand new map then populate it with dayz assets.

I realize it is early, but you might be able to get some feedback if we can port some of those maps over blank, without too much hassles.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sneakydude said:

Hey Hicks, i was wondering because of the future, some modding will come along, assets added from dayz SA etc.. that arma 3 map Tanoa is it possible to have a blank map published? i have been trying to delete the building assets in attempt to populate a different idea for dayz, when it becomes modded. Private, locked server of course.

Ive been trying to get info on how to do it, without creating a brand new map then populate it with dayz assets.

I realize it is early, but you might be able to get some feedback if we can port some of those maps over blank, without too much hassles.

Are you trying to have a map free of building assets?  or are you trying to remove certain structures?

4 hours ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

Are you trying to have a map free of building assets?  or are you trying to remove certain structures?

Yes all of them structures on the map. The default ones. I was building a new map concept for when modding comes around but nobody knows, SInce arma 3 updates they stopped selecting those buildings or hiding them.

4 hours ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

I'm not 100% sure what you mean sneakydude

Basically taking cherno without buildings. a complete wilderness map. I just want it to be Tanoa instead.

The tools wont allow me to do any of the sort, in arma tools, and i am afraid it will happen with Dayz tools too.

Edited by sneakydude

1 hour ago, sneakydude said:

Yes all of them structures on the map. The default ones. I was building a new map concept for when modding comes around but nobody knows, SInce arma 3 updates they stopped selecting those buildings or hiding them.

It's probably easier to just build your own map as I imagine you may even want to remove roads?

Many of the older tutorials can get you to a fresh terrain pretty quickly and there are community made tools to help you place trees/brush/grass etc very quickly.   At least with this method you wouldn't have large areas where towns or roads obviously once stood with large grass-less squares and strips running all over the place that are configured to play different sounds depending on where the character is runnning.  

You're really better off making your own and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Speaking of new maps (one day), Id like Lingor to make it to DayZ. Ofcourse with clothing and items that fit tropic map. I dont know about status of Taviana, that map was banned from using in Arma.

12 hours ago, sausagekingofchicago said:

It's probably easier to just build your own map as I imagine you may even want to remove roads?

Many of the older tutorials can get you to a fresh terrain pretty quickly and there are community made tools to help you place trees/brush/grass etc very quickly.   At least with this method you wouldn't have large areas where towns or roads obviously once stood with large grass-less squares and strips running all over the place that are configured to play different sounds depending on where the character is runnning.  

You're really better off making your own and save yourself a lot of trouble.

I think your right, seems rather difficult to do. I will recreate something soon. Lots of information like you said.

I hope when DayZ is finished, that the game is not inundated with crowds at loveless maps .Chernarus is a very special map with many almost countless small details. I keep seeing new things ... as a small lake ... a sign or a cross .. waste on the ground ... a really good post-apocalyptic mood is because generated this way. and this requires a lot of time and experience.