Sign in to follow this  
eckstahsee

Helicopter

I've been away for a while but I seen we got helicopters? I've been all over the map and can't find them. Where can one be found. I am talking about a movable vehicle not the crash sites.

There was talk about getting them before Christmas, alas they're still not here. I wouldn't hold my breath either, vehicle desync will be fixed before they bring in new vehicles.

Thank you. 

I also can't get the v3s to start. I have a battery (worn) and a glow plug ( damaged) and all the wheels. I shot it once to get it to desync but I still can't get it to start. Am I doing something wrong here?

**edit** there is also 3/4 tank of fuel.

Edited by eckstahsee

3 hours ago, eckstahsee said:

Thank you. 

I also can't get the v3s to start. I have a battery (worn) and a glow plug ( damaged) and all the wheels. I shot it once to get it to desync but I still can't get it to start. Am I doing something wrong here?

**edit** there is also 3/4 tank of fuel.

what you're doing wrong here my friend... is thinking driving cars atm is a good idea in the first place... but alright I'll help you out here

remove the battary and glow plug.. find one that's prestine
top off the tank to full tank
remove all the wheels with a lug wrench and re-attach them) (patch them up if needed.. badly damaged wheels will also cock up alot of things)
once you've done that get in the truck and try to start/drive it..

you're welcome

Thank you, I got fed up with trying last night and logged out. Next time I run into that problem I will give it a try.

The glow plug and battery go at the top, like an attachment, not as cargo/inventory.

On 9/14/2016 at 6:10 PM, Kohlbar said:

There was talk about getting them before Christmas, alas they're still not here. I wouldn't hold my breath either, vehicle desync will be fixed before they bring in new vehicles.

We're all very much aware that network sync of vehicles in current Steam branches is not working as intended, hell - you could say that outside of a perfect situation it is just plain not fun.
That said, we've been working on it - and will continue to work on it throughout Early Access. Helicopters really require this to be at an enjoyable state, because -NO ONE- wants to deal with the rage that would come from losing a super rare functioning helicopter... to sync issues. :(

Hang in there, we'll get it to an enjoyable point before we release. :)

• Like 7

On 9/17/2016 at 6:16 PM, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

We're all very much aware that network sync of vehicles in current Steam branches is not working as intended, hell - you could say that outside of a perfect situation it is just plain not fun.
That said, we've been working on it - and will continue to work on it throughout Early Access. Helicopters really require this to be at an enjoyable state, because -NO ONE- wants to deal with the rage that would come from losing a super rare functioning helicopter... to sync issues. :(

Hang in there, we'll get it to an enjoyable point before we release. :)

Thanks for an update about this Brian, I'm really looking forward to helicopters and I'm scared for my base. :-/

• Like 3

20 hours ago, wuzui4 said:

I think I need T - 34:)

I'd rather have the T-70. I think with the steep landscape of Chernarus your T-34 will have a lot problems getting around.

What I'd like to see is different platform's you could put on a V3S , flatbed , cargo box/container shipper , camper type shell for a mobile base , wrecker , hoist ........