Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Was Torchia Fired?

I noticed Chris Torchia isn't working on DayZ anymore. Apparently he's working for Bohemia Interactive Simulations and VBS3 stuff.

His twitter description reads as follows:

Global Art Manager @bisimulations

Playing with the hand I've been dealt.

Playing the hand I've been dealt...what does that mean? Fired, moved, replaced? I remember the demo presentation called DayZ: Surviving Success @ DevGAMM conference he did where he really took a stab at the DayZ brass and looked to me like he was either being replaced and knew about it or had enough and was trying to get fired.

15 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Playing with the hand I've been dealt.

Playing the hand I've been dealt...what does that mean? Fired, moved, replaced? I remember the demo presentation called DayZ: Surviving Success @ DevGAMM conference he did where he really took a stab at the DayZ brass and looked to me like he was either being replaced and knew about it or had enough and was trying to get fired.

I don't follow the dev Twitters, but I do know that he's had that line for quite a while.

Although his title was "Art Director" I believe he was also in charge of the weapon and ammo configurations and such. Either way, he was the one who replied about the various ammo types way back when (that old controversy about wrong and/or missing ammunition types). Hopefully whoever takes on his roles is also interested or capable of getting such things correct.

"Got fired" is pretty big thing to say when that's likely movement towards what he likes/prefers.

I think he is doing less models and more quality assurance and by no means was fired.... you're reading an awful lot into vague references here.

Must be getting hard to pay dev salaries now the game is not being bought twice every milisecond.