Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

All Time Low Population

1 hour ago, sai (DayZ) said:

No difference. It's all development. Plenty of people have complained about the slow pace of development in general for years, and all been met with hate about how it's alpha. So in keeping with that stupid retort. And for all that have been met with that mindless reply in the past.

It's alpha, have patience. Stop complaining. It's alpha therefor all your concerns of opinions are rendered mute and the game tells you it's alpha before it even starts.

This game is Day A. For Alpha.

I've never complained once, but there is more going on here than perceived slow development. As I stated in my OP, there are a lot of missing elements of what we used to get and I believe its hurting the project. As a matter of fact, I've given proof to that effect. I've had more patience than anyone here and I'm not complaining. I'm just asking for things to go back to how they were. Is that so much to ask?

Lets keep the conversation civil so the thread doesn't spiral out of control and get locked. There is plenty of room to have a positive discussion here and maybe something good comes of it? I for one want less radio silence on features and their arrival. Whats wrong with that dear boy?

4 hours ago, QUAZIMOFO said:

The game is still being built. Not even beta yet. Read the disclaimer when you launch the game and quit being entitled spoiled brats.

My friend, I've been playing DayZ since August of 2012 and supported the IP and development with diligence. After 5.5k hours in DayZ I know what I'm talking about. Nobody is acting spoiled, we're having an intelligent discussion...please don't infringe on that. Thanks and have a good day!

It's more of a wonder that people actually have played it so much so early. It's a multiplayer test platform, where you really need to have some effort, if you even want to test and report some specific things. 281h played so far which is a lot in my opinion for a game that's so much in the early stages.

I don't have any complains about the pace of the development. It's as expected. Still huge load of stuff coming and being developed We just don't see them all but we can read them from time to time in the reports. For example the modding support is a very big task still to come and it will change the game a lot. You're able to test mods in singleplayer. I don't know do you even realize how much of a game changer that is in the feedback that everyone can give? The game is boring to play and devs know that, that's why it's in early access.

I'm just more worried about the direction of the game. There's a fine line between hardcore survive simulator and big deathmatch mode let's-run-around-chernarus-and-kill-each-other. King Of The Hill, Hunger Games, Battleroyale and so on gamemodes should already please the second crowd.

It didn't took much for the mod to turn in the wrong direction. Being a mod it's kind of obvious that those flaws can't be fixed. It only would've required to get the zombie AI from the Standalone and add little bit more difficulty in general to be the hardcore survival game.

• Like 1

Seems like this is the only topic that got any attention.

Pisses you off doesn't it?

8mnths later.... pisses you off doesn't it?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I'm just asking for things to go back to how they were.

Unfortunately, Mr Yutani, I feel they will never return to how they were. Not at least to how the game was in its prime, that is.

Reporting in. When the experimental updates were coming in with more regularity it seemed to keep both stable and experimental communities more engaged because the next leap forward seemed just over the horizon. I do remember a few updates ago devs had said the updates weren't going to come with the same frequency that they used to. They've stuck to that decision but waning enthusiasm is definitely a 'thing' now between builds.  Seeing more of the progress that's being reported would help to keep everyone engaged, it does feel like the pot needs a stirrin' right about now. My overall interest in the game hasn't faded but my enthusiasm is definitely in hibernation mode now. That said, I'm still checking in almost daily to see if there's a new update (even though I haven't been logging in much) and I suspect there's many others doing the same.

6 hours ago, igor-vk said:

8 months?? Optimistic, you are.

Now that we started beating the same dead horse, I started remembering how it used be in old days. Almost every day posts from devs with new items and stuff. Sneak peeks, pics from devs doing pranks in office...

Now, its miracle to see "server maintance" tweet once a week. Official forum threads are dead for months, tweeter accounts are dead (Hicks blocked me but Im sure not even he posts anything). Yes we have status reports but they are copy/paste. Feels like game is abandoned even by its devs.... Sad.

hm, in a way it's a good reminder and a good warning NOT to buy into early access. ARK has made a turn for the worse as well from hearsay after a promising start (I don't play it), DayZ ... no need to elaborate. Hardly any early access game really matches the expectations. Whatfor, 90% of the revenue is already generated.

I am looking forward to BF1 now, where I can have my PvP action without having to run and loot for an hour before - as for survival I still have no luring no-EA game, but time will tell... DayZ so far to me is neither. Survival is in name only and PvP, well, too clumsy, I can have that action in less than an hour of jogging. Sorry to be rude.

I played the mod a lot, then when this game came out I played that for a few weeks, and I could see where it was going, anyone else hanging on has poor judgment of the future. This game still is nowhere close to the mod for game play, and thats ridiculous. It's not even a zombie game, it's about infected. That killed it for me long ago. I was sold on zombies, got switch baited and have been watching it dwindle since. They got their money, did lame updates to keep people somewhat happy, and now eyes are no longer on the game they can relax on the millions they got. I doubt it will ever be properly finished, whats the point, it's not popular anymore. 

Many posting to this thread DO lack patience AND perspective.

When all is said and done this will be another chapter that the dedicated few will wax reminiscent about while playing 1.0.

I want a well polished game with a lot of fun content.

I too have posted some of my own criticisms recently in one of the build threads and I believe some poor management and decision making has had a negative impact on the pace and consistency of this project.

That being said, I believe so strongly in the devs and the core concepts of DayZ as a great sandbox platform that it would take some really serious delays and departures from the games goals to make me lose faith.

While I am passionate about DayZ, I do not let as much of my psychological well being hinge on updates or status reports as I used to and it's best to just enjoy a worthy patch when it drops and not belabor delays with a patch work of semi supportable claims.

Edited by ☣BioHaze☣
missed the all important not

3 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

When all is said and done this will be another chapter that the dedicated few will wax reminiscent about while playing 1.0.

I want a well polished game with a lot of fun content.

I too have posted some of my own criticisms recently in one of the build threads and I believe some poor management and decision making has had a negative impact on the pace and consistency of this project.

That being said, I believe so strongly in the devs and the core concepts of DayZ as a great sandbox platform that it would take some really serious delays and departures from the games goals to make me lose faith.

While I am passionate about DayZ, I do not let as much of my psychological well being hinge on updates or status reports as I used to and it's best to just enjoy a worthy patch when it drops and belabor delays with a patch work of semi supportable claims.

Doesn't work for a multiplayer game, you need a lot of players to make it work. The slow pace killed that. It's done.

True, sai, to some extent I can even relate to the devs. The game has been outperformed by other games and it probably will not draw back the big crowds, so a lot of work would be futile. That's early access for beginners. My first early access game and my last early access gane. I clocked some hundred hours, so yes, I got my money's worth and I also learnt a lesson.

I see the dropping player counts as more of a return to a sort of baseline. An alpha game should never have thousands upon thousands of people playing it - that fact that a game that hasn't even been released yet had that many players is pretty impressive. The people playing DayZ are effectively alpha testers. When DayZ hits beta or when it's released - certainly when modding becomes available - the number of players will shoot up.

I've not played DayZ in months. I play a few hours of each patch and then I move on. How people have managed to put thousands of hours in is beyond me.

9 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

I want a well polished game with a lot of fun content.k of semi supportable claims.

We will see, feel free to remind me of this thread in case I will be wrong in the end. I doubt that I will ever be called on this thread again, though. And Beef, numbers might "shoot up" for some weeks before the game goes into obvlivion again, this time for the final time...

Edited by Noctoras

I think it was Hicks who said, "I don't care if 12 people end up playing 1.0." or something to that extent.

I'll be happy to be 1 of those 12.

The amount of DRASTIC changes coming in the next 6 months is going to shut a lot of people up and draw in a lot of players who are on break or new to the game.

DayZ certainly isn't "done" by a long shot.

• Like 3

I remember when dayz was top of steam for months.. I have to wonder if there was bribes etc to keep it there. Overall I'm very negative about the game, perhaps I'll be proven wrong, I hope so as it was fun during the mod.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sai (DayZ) said:

I remember when dayz was top of steam for months.. I have to wonder if there was bribes etc to keep it there. Overall I'm very negative about the game, perhaps I'll be proven wrong, I hope so as it was fun during the mod.

There were no bribes, just massive hype.

The SA has never once had all the features that made the mod great and with dynamic infected spawn coming to .61 it may just be the first time we will have an SA comparable to the mod.

I think I have 4,500 hours now. That's quite a lot, and I still play every day, or every other day. I can only echo the guy who said we all love the game (or at least what the game could be), but that many of us have a growing sense that the moment has passed. I hope Bio is right though, and I'd also be happy to be one of the twelve left playing 1.0.

Also can't help but feel that one of the reasons this forum is so dead now is that so many people...can't actually log into it.

Edited by Mookie (original)
  • Like 3

You are all very optimistic about the things that are coming. And you are all patient. I don't understand how. There are more or less ten big things to be implemented in game, but at this pace of update every six months and two major things in every update I don't know when they will get in beta. 

I don't buy the impatient sentiment, that's a load of baloney.. most players of this title have been MORE than patient, even the ones who've tooted the Alpha horn for years and frankly stuck up for the garbage. I bought this game Christmas 2013.. granted I have a hard time remembering that far back to even know how I felt about the game back then, however lost brain cells aside.. any opinions I had have probably not changed, its not like were swimming in all those planned features, even now still.. but in all honesty if I'd have known it would take this long (and for who knows how much longer) for the game to become something I'd actually enjoy as I did the mod, (the very reason I bought this game).. then I wouldn't have spent the money and would have bought more beer with the cash, for consumption over the festivities instead. Call me whatever.. impatient, a moaner, perhaps overly and unfairly critical.. I don't really care.. that's how I feel when I think of DayZ SA.

Enjoy reading your re-worded status reports. The only difference most of the time is the content creators haha! I lost any hope of playing an enjoyable, finished version of DayZ a long time ago. Bring fucking Dean Hall back, that guy had some passion for the game at least.

Oh hang on a minute.. but the new game engine, the better framerate.. how very dare I be even remotely unhappy?

Edited by [Gen]Adzic
cuz I can?

I'm not too worried. I'm not actively playing right now either but when the next content release comes I'll play it and a lot of other people will come back to play it too. Then they'll drop off again and on and on until the project is "complete".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, [Gen]Adzic said:

I-snip-

Oh hang on a minute.. but the new game engine, the better framerate.. how very dare I be even remotely unhappy?

Actually, you're just either poorly informed, didn't follow the news, or forgot a lot of what's happened since release (or some combo of those).

Most people who bought DayZ aren't interested enough or purely don't have the time to follow everything in this long and convoluted development process.

I've read nearly every official release and basically committed everything in them to memory.

A TON of work has been gone into all the stuff about to be merged in now that Enfusion is set.

Stuff that might have been shelved for a year or more will have the dust blown off before being lubed up and crammed into Enfusion.

If you keep a well informed, objective, intelligent, and yes patient/mature, perspective through all of this, a lot of what we are seeing now actually makes sense and some of this was foreseen by the devs (i.e. long stretches between patches).

After my vacation I got caught up on the threads I really follow pretty quickly due to the low traffic in them, but the little bit that I did read gave me some hope that .61 may be close.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

A TON of work has been gone into all the stuff about to be merged in now that Enfusion is set.

Stuff that might have been shelved for a year or more will have the dust blown off before being lubed up and crammed into Enfusion.

If you keep a well informed, objective, intelligent, and yes patient/mature, perspective through all of this, a lot of what we are seeing now actually makes sense and some of this was foreseen by the devs (i.e. long stretches between patches).

Dustin, is that you? ;)

Edited by Noctoras
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Whyherro123 said:

Oh, you sweet, innocent summer child.

You realize that the first three posters on this topic have been around since practically the very beginning,  right? Since 2013 at least, and almost certainly earlier?

Telling me to "read the disclaimer" pffftttttttttttt

I bought the game the minute it popped up in the Steam store and have played since day 1. They said from the beginning they had a 5 year plan for the build. There ARE other games out there you can play until DayZ is a finished product you know.

i too have been playing since it was released.  as a guy that never got to the play the mod, the standalone was the first experience i've had in this universe and i've fallen in love regardless of the bugs which can be frustrating but i learned to deal with them.

i may be in the minority, but i find it relaxing to be on a low pop server from time to time just poppin' zombies from distances, hunting, making fires, fixing up cars and looking for tents and camps.  its only gonna get better from here!

Actually I've been a jerk.. the stuff I said was silly and unwarranted. 3+ years into a supposed 5 year dev cycle? maybe I've been premature and should have listened to Rocket when he said don't jump on the hype train that early. My problem was DayZ rocked, I spent too much of my life playing the mod and I might have wanted in, the price was fairly low.. 

What the heck.. Lets just wait a few more years and then maybe those views I had a few hours ago will be relevant and tolerable, that is if the game is still crap. I just hope not, this roundabout has span around a few too many times for my liking.. makes me grumpy and as a 34 y/o.. immature.

• Like 1