mikeburnsdev

I've made a 3D DayZ Map (works in-browser, includes source)

Here: https://burnsprog5040.s3.amazonaws.com/DayZMap/index.html

I'd noticed there used to be a 3D map online but all the links are dead so I made a new one with some cool features. Hopefully this will help people with finding their way around.

Details available here: http://undercroftstudios.blogspot.com/2016/08/dayz-3d-map-updated.html

Source project is available there so you can tweak or add to it. Let me know if you do, or if you have comments, questions, ect!

• Like 1

The details page mentioned a "normal map". I'm not sure what your definition is, but I can only see a topographic map. 

Is there something I'm missing?

This is an incredible piece of work by the way. Thank you for the effort!

i got a suggestion put in a better skybox, also you said it is a 3D map but from what I can tell all it is is the mountains and a 2d map over it?

1 hour ago, Just Caused said:

Am I the only one who can't move camera?

Read the instructions more carefully ;) Press left shift. I was also wondering the same thing for over 5 mins.

Edited by St. Jimmy

I think the topography is a little bit inaccurate.

Yes I like that! Bookmarked. Very interesting way of looking at it. Be good if you could add buildings at some stage but not sure how possible that would be? 

Very cool map, would be awesome if it was a higher texture/had better detail when zoomed in closer but I know that's out of your hands most likely. Solnichny and Cherno are backwards.