Thor Rikki Byhre

Day Z is an Eatign frenzy and nothign with survail to do at all

i just ate 10 Apples and im still "¤% hungry and i just drank a wghoel canten of rain water and after 5mins im still "¤¤"% thirsty is this totally stupid or what !"

• Like 1

I think Apples are pretty hard to fill up on....and if you were VERY thirsty then a full canteen would only get you hydrated partially.

So, No..... it's not stupid.

Keep at it...check you status and keep drinking and eating until you get the full green "Hydrated", Energized", and "Healthy" bars.

Once you get to full green on these you can manage for quite a while (for now, at least) as long as you keep Hydrated as frequently as possible.

I hope you stick it out and remember that these forums can be a great source of info for you if you want it. Posting a rant just encourages snarky replies.

Cheers!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thor Rikki Byhre said:

i just ate 10 Apples and im still "¤% hungry and i just drank a wghoel canten of rain water and after 5mins im still "¤¤"% thirsty is this totally stupid or what !"

Ever hiked for whole day, and ate shit tons of apples? I bet no, and to explain it to you, they won't fill you up. Speaking from similar experience.

About the water thingy, it's balanced very well.

2 hours ago, Just Caused said:

Ever hiked for whole day, and ate shit tons of apples? I bet no, and to explain it to you, they won't fill you up. Speaking from similar experience.

About the water thingy, it's balanced very well.

It is most likely true, as 1 apple sitting on a couch seems to make me hungry.

But besides that it is no where near accurate because we travel in dayz 240km and drink 6 - 12 jugs of water in just 50km

in roughly 30 minutes to 1 hr we cover? the whole map? + not around the map.

3 hours ago, Thor Rikki Byhre said:

It will be worked on more. It is no where near perfect, and has many bugs related to those items, uses.

18 hours ago, Thor Rikki Byhre said:

two things are fairly obvious.

- you screwed around for a while looking for guns and canned food, getting hungrier and hungrier before you finally picked some apples.  when you first spawn, 1 or 2 apples apple fixes hungry.

- you were probably never not sprinting.

Seems about right to me... Spent a year driving a GSA1200 over the whole of Australia, and after spending 2 months getting through the desert near Wolf Creek and the Kimberleys near Darwin, it was possible to drink over 10L of water a day. Pretty sure I had some days where I got to 15L!

I ended up running out of water for nearly two days and using a GEOS becon, getting airlifted out of the simpson desert with blinding pain, and found out that I had developed kidney stones from constant dehydration! Anyway, considering were exclusively marathon sprinting in full mil gear + vest + head protection etc... Id say a canteen means very little.

Also, an average man would need to eat ~50 apples a day just to maintain the average calorie consumption. So sprinting for the best part of an entire day would probably more than double you calorie intake, as a stock marathon can boost calorie consumption by 2600. Apples are probably the worst survival food, peanuts are where its at!

So if your "very thirsty" or "starving" near death, I dont think a few apples and a bottle of water will fix you. Ive never been "starving" in the survival sense of the word thank god, but as for "extremely thirsty" to a point of passing out, I dont think a canteen would really go as far as you think it would. Try like ~8 saline bags and 3 days of hospital rehydration!

Half an hour to "cool off" in a swamp, neked, in the middle of the night though, is another story...     Anyway, welcome to the forum.

Edited by Salty seadog

16 hours ago, Salty seadog said:

Seems about right to me... Spent a year driving a GSA1200 over the whole of Australia, and after spending 2 months getting through the desert near Wolf Creek and the Kimberleys near Darwin, it was possible to drink over 10L of water a day. Pretty sure I had some days where I got to 15L!

I ended up running out of water for nearly two days and using a GEOS becon, getting airlifted out of the simpson desert with blinding pain, and found out that I had developed kidney stones from constant dehydration! Anyway, considering were exclusively marathon sprinting in full mil gear + vest + head protection etc... Id say a canteen means very little.

Also, an average man would need to eat ~50 apples a day just to maintain the average calorie consumption. So sprinting for the best part of an entire day would probably more than double you calorie intake, as a stock marathon can boost calorie consumption by 2600. Apples are probably the worst survival food, peanuts are where its at!

So if your "very thirsty" or "starving" near death, I dont think a few apples and a bottle of water will fix you. Ive never been "starving" in the survival sense of the word thank god, but as for "extremely thirsty" to a point of passing out, I dont think a canteen would really go as far as you think it would. Try like ~8 saline bags and 3 days of hospital rehydration!

Half an hour to "cool off" in a swamp, neked, in the middle of the night though, is another story...     Anyway, welcome to the forum.

I have no doubt, about drinking like that. but when you go from 600m to 600m right now you can go pretty thirsty :) Its the hypo, hyper thing. that needs tweeked.

I've noticed that if you do not sprint but jog, you can go all the way to the airfield without starving. The eating situation as it is right now is pretty well balanced. You should have been around for the famine patch of 0.55. Those were the days. People dropping dead after half an hour from starvation, Bambis cooking over open fires all along the coast while maniacal laughter and crying could be heard all over.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Killawife said:

I've noticed that if you do not sprint but jog, you can go all the way to the airfield without starving. The eating situation as it is right now is pretty well balanced. You should have been around for the famine patch of 0.55. Those were the days. People dropping dead after half an hour from starvation, Bambis cooking over open fires all along the coast while maniacal laughter and crying could be heard all over.

Yes, the difference between jogging and sprinting is big - even more so in terms of hydration I think. And yes, 0.55 was tough :)

On 28.8.2016. at 5:01 AM, sneakydude said:

It is most likely true, as 1 apple sitting on a couch seems to make me hungry.

But besides that it is no where near accurate because we travel in dayz 240km and drink 6 - 12 jugs of water in just 50km

in roughly 30 minutes to 1 hr we cover? the whole map? + not around the map.

You can't force reality in game. You have to balance something. If I say I drink water every 3 hours, I don't want to drink it every 3 hours in game becuase I don't play that long. I think food/water is very well balanced.