Sign in to follow this  
SoWeMeetAgain

do waterproof bags work?

Hello there.

Just wondering if I found a bug or if waterproof bags don't work.
I put stuff into the pristine bag, almost all of it was dry, put it into my backpack, then went to soak myself to cool down, now stuff in the waterproof bag inside my backpack is wet as can be.

The thing is, one item was "damp" ... did that lead to the bag becoming essentially compromised? Water adding to the damp item, swapping over to the other, dry, items in the bag? Would consider that a bug.
Or do waterproof bags just not work at all?

cheers,
SoWe

probably not, don't think wetness has any real effect yet other than on your characters over all temperature, loads of materials that are described as waterproof in their discriptions are not, will probably be looked at in beta i'd imagine.

"probably not" which? :D

I thought wet guns decayed faster? But no idea... thx for answer

I would guess that waterproof bags do work but I haven't tried yet. I'd also be interested to know if wetness does in fact affect condition decay right now. I think that's absolutely something that's planned but I'm not sure about the level of implementation. As was mentioned above the biggest clear effect of wetness right now is on player temperature. My gut take on all of this is that the bags do work but it just doesn't really matter much in the current build.