Sign in to follow this  
Tigermonk

how much time

well people... according to @Hicks_206 (DayZ) its about 6-8 months until beta and bug fixing begins.. 
still no ETA on when this puppy is finished.. (for obvious reasons) 

now lets hope @Hicks_206 (DayZ) and his team actually get it done right? :D

Maybe I understood this wrong but if he actually meant they have about 80% of features already implemented I get a bit worried...I mean the game does not feel layered enough yet and only 20% more features won't change that.

• Like 1

Ahh, what's 8 more months when we've been waiting years? I wouldn't get too excited or anxious about that timeframe btw, it will only eat you alive and dissapoint you if in that time were still rapping fingers and twiddling thumbs. 

Gotta say, I'm actually looking forward to a Beta Dayz SA, an excuse to install the game again, it's been a while since my legs broke climbing a ladder.. can't wait :)

The 20% remaining I think should be basebuilding (locks etc), helicoper, bike and bicycle, maybe boats, more animals, a few more weapons and new player controller. 

The main concern I have about the game is the loot distribution, there are only two places for looting, military bases where you can find the best of everything (weapons, clothing, backpacks, 2nd best tent in game) and then the rest of the map where the loot is really plain, no matter where you are, there are no camp site, no shopping mall, no huge junkyard, nothing worthwhile to visit besides military bases, only helicrashes that are just close to military bases and are very easy to find.

Edited by Wili

19 hours ago, nl said:

Maybe I understood this wrong but if he actually meant they have about 80% of features already implemented I get a bit worried...I mean the game does not feel layered enough yet and only 20% more features won't change that.

14 hours ago, Funkmaster Rick said:

Only 20% of basic, core functionality remaining? That feels like too low a number.

38 minutes ago, Wili said:

The 20% remaining I think should be basebuilding (locks etc), helicoper, bike and bicycle, maybe boats, more animals, a few more weapons and new player controller. 

The main concern I have about the game is the loot distribution, there are only two places for looting, military bases where you can find the best of everything (weapons, clothing, backpacks, 2nd best tent in game) and then the rest of the map where the loot is really plain, no matter where you are, there are no camp site, no shopping mall, no huge junkyard, nothing worthwhile to visit besides military bases, only helicrashes that are just close to military bases and are very easy to find.

You all misunderstood. Brian Hicks was talking about how resources are allocated. Since it is still in the alpha phrase the resources are dedicated to 80% adding new features and 20% fixing bugs. Once the beta phase starts it will switch and they will allocated 80% of resources to bug fixing and 20% to adding new features. It does not indicate the percentage the progress of the game is at in its current state.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Kronons said:

You all misunderstood. Brian Hicks was talking about how resources are allocated. Since it is still in the alpha phrase the resources are dedicated to 80% adding new features and 20% fixing bugs. Once the beta phase starts it will switch and they will allocated 80% of resources to bug fixing and 20% to adding new features. It does not indicate the percentage the progress of the game is at in its current state.

Yes it seems I misunderstood it also :P

Edited by Wili

I just don't get it myself...all the comments... but i love the sounds.

Thanks for the video.

I'm a bit skeptical.  They haven't figured out the food/water/temp survival mechanics, loot or zombies but now they want to add packs of wolves?

• Like 1