Sign in to follow this  
Private Evans

Old feature for new stealth system ?

Will it be possible to crawl through entire hordes of infected like in the mod ? I know this was more somekind of a limitation and not a feature but always a real big thrill :)

This was actually a feature, and it worked really well in the mod, plus the sound making throwables (soda cans, tin cans, whisky bottles) were a great zombie attractor if you knew someone camped out in a house

zombies in the mod were supposed to be nearly blind, but extremely good hearing, i really liked it that way, slow movement didn't attract them, not moving while prone made you literally invisible to them

i hope they bring that back, enemies having to fight through 30+ zombies gives the stealthy lonewolf a huge advantage

• Like 3

The stealth mechanism already works. But except to cars, gunshots and running/walking survivors, I don't think they're attracted to anything else atm. It would be awesome if they were attracted to flares or any other lights in the dark for example.

Yeah I really hope they will make it more like in the mod...making zeds nearly blind only able to see very bright colours ( smoke grenades ;) ) and more reacting to noise, movements and smells.